Photo
- - - - -

What Does Obama Mean By Having More Flexibility Post-Election?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,504 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:27 AM

http://abcnews.go.co...re-flexibility/

Does he mean that everything important needs to be put on hold because he has an election to win? Does it mean he's more flexible post-election because there's nothing anyone can do about it? Russian election is over...so what's that have to do with anything.

Obama...the mic is on.

#2 King

King

A Cell of Awareness

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:30 AM

http://abcnews.go.co...re-flexibility/

Does he mean that everything important needs to be put on hold because he has an election to win? Does it mean he's more flexible post-election because there's nothing anyone can do about it? Russian election is over...so what's that have to do with anything.

Obama...the mic is on.

A corrupt politician.

Color me shocked.

/me waits to see how this gets defended by cookinwithgas.

#3 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:35 AM

Every president says this to his base when re-election time comes. "Oh dont worry guys, I'll get to your issues once my 2nd term comes and I dont have to worry about re-election." I remember Bush made a bunch of promises for his 2nd term, most of them never came to fruition.
http://www.cbsnews.c...62-3227681.html

I'm fully confident that our Republican members of congress will do everything in their power to get in his way though.

#4 Chimera

Chimera

Membrane

• HUDDLER
  • 10,786 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:31 AM

That's exactly what he means. That's why I don't believe in term limits for the President. That or one term presidencies.

#5 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,317 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:09 AM

Here is what it means: There are nutjobs out there that say stupid poo like, "OMG Obama is thinking about reducing our nuclear arsenal from 3500 warheads to 3000, he's selling us out!" Perhaps even some of you might be familiar with this kind of goofball thinking.

These kinds of goofballs would be totally in agreement when Karl Rove or whoever has stolen his aura these days would come out and complain about how Obama is now a Russian Communist, not a Muslim Socalist, for selling out to the Russkis. This would undermine some of the great work he's done diplomatically and on defense, and make getting reelected harder.

So he will wait until the elections are over, then use his power as President to make treaties, enter into new and better disarmament treaties with the Russians, saving is both billions of dollars and further reducing tension, as well are being able to work better on this stupid missile shield stuff. All these things are, yes, things he promised to do when elected President. If he didn't do this you would complain about how he didn't keep this promise. So hey, he'll get done what he says he would get done to the best of his ability, and forget you.

This is how our political system works. If all you haters out there are whining about this because it takes away yet another point of complaint, hey, you can just keep wrongly blaming him for gas prices.

#6 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,504 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:28 PM

There goes CWG making an apples/oranges comparison. In the warhead argument, Obama took it upon himself to not utilize the moment in order to reduce worldwide nuclear proliferation with the US joined by other countries. No...he just decides to unilaterally do this himself. I guess he feels the need to really earn the Nobel Peace Prize he's already received...knowing it was BS in the first place.

This situation is completely different with regard to missle defense as he's already signalled his intent and hopes to keep it quiet until post-election when he can reignite the fires. Yes...a second unilateral disarmament more than likely. Russia has no intent on slowing down both in their own defense, but providing to countries that despise us as well.

#7 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,317 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:42 PM

Wow how'd you get so great at knowing Russias intentions? What moment are you refering to?

#8 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,504 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:43 PM

When Obama stated his reduction in warheads...he chose to do it unilaterally instead of using it as a tool to reduce worldwide warheads to boot.

#9 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,317 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:43 PM

I will give you credit for using the Fox News "question???" trademark when you say something that can't be proven as being anything at all though.

#10 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,317 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:47 PM

When Obama stated his reduction in warheads...he chose to do it unilaterally instead of using it as a tool to reduce worldwide warheads to boot.

And I applaud him for that. Do you think it would have been better to get into some 8 year pissing contest with other nations over it instead when we can easily do some work ourselves and make it more likely for foreign powers to actually see our intent later when we do negotiate (as it seems he is setting up to do here)?

#11 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,317 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:52 PM

that comments section is priceless by the way

#12 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,504 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:54 PM

I trust Russia about as much as I do North Korea.

#13 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,317 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:03 PM

Well, luckily we can still blow them up 30 times over, sparky.

#14 Claws

Claws

• HUDDLER
  • 4,100 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:16 PM

So he's not a Marxist?

:wacko:

#15 SamTheRam

SamTheRam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:22 PM

You guys are all wrong. He said "post erection".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com