43 replies to this topic

#1 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 16,252 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:03 PM

Joe Person@josephperson
Drew Rosenhaus says he's talking w/ #Panthers about Jeremy Shockey, but doubts the free agent TE will be back in CLT. http://blogs.charlotte.com/panthers/

#2 Keep Pounding

Keep Pounding

Smith & Wesson 460

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,795 posts
  • LocationIn your backyard!!!!

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:04 PM

We don't have any money to pay him anyways, But I like to see what Barnidge is capable of in Chud's system...

#3 Jangler

Jangler

event horizon of chaos

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48,047 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:08 PM

We don't have any money to pay him anyways,

Ya never know....Chad Johnson took a 2 million dollar pay cut to stay with the Pats, if the Panthers can talk enough players to do the same.

#4 Jesse

Jesse

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:09 PM

Let's see what Barnidge can do before we judge his departure.

#5 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,064 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:14 PM

Barnidge can be good....

There's literally no shred of evidence or production for me to base that assumption on though.

#6 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 19,681 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:16 PM

I take everything coming out with a grain of salt. Last night he was saying Shockey could come back. This is just agent talk. I wouldn't expect anything either way until it actually happens.

#7 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,292 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:17 PM

Eh, who cares about TEs in a scheme where TE play is HUGE. Screw defense as well....

What team in the NFL can compare on paper to our backfield!? Yahtzee mofos!

#8 carp24000

carp24000

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:19 PM

I dont listen to Joe Person...I think he just reported a few hours ago that Julius Peppers is now a Bear. This guys is garbage.

#9 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,456 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:20 PM

This is coming from his agent. Have any of you guys heard about teams beating his door down to sign him? Exactly. He is simply trying to drum up some doubt to get more $ for his client, what else would an agent do..

#10 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,554 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:27 PM

Shockey must be asking for too much, Rosenhaus works really well with us a lot of our players are represented by him including Jon Beason.

#11 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,064 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:27 PM

Eh, who cares about TEs in a scheme where TE play is HUGE. Screw defense as well....

What team in the NFL can compare on paper to our backfield!? Yahtzee mofos!

I think signing Tolbert before making sure that we can bring Shockey back is already a blunder.

This says a lot about our confidence in re-signing Stewart that we have to add more running backs than make sure Cam's favorite position to pass to isn't properly addressed. We go all out one season to bring in the top quarterback prospect, but then can't follow up by re-signing a productive, relatively inexpensive target just one season later. Kinda half-assed effort to improve the passing game if you ask me. This offseason, modest or not, isn't looking good. The draft can't come soon enough.

#12 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,456 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:30 PM

What's with the panic it's only march.

It's not like we have to sign shockey by the end of the week or he's gone forever.

#13 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,292 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:34 PM

I think signing Tolbert before making sure that we can bring Shockey back is already a blunder.

This says a lot about our confidence in re-signing Stewart that we have to add more running backs than make sure Cam's favorite position to pass to isn't properly addressed. We go all out one season to bring in the top quarterback prospect, but then can't follow up by signing some solid, relatively inexpensive targets just one season later. Kinda half-assed effort to improve the passing game if you ask me. This offseason, modest or not, isn't looking good. The draft can't come soon enough.

Well we can't resign Stewart....he isn't going to play for cheap and pass on his one big payday contract. The deals Marty gave hurt this team. You can argue they have mishandled things ever since they let Fox stay for a lame duck season.

Last offseason was more about over correcting a rep they earned while putting together a pointless year in 2010.

#14 cotblock

cotblock

Don't Call Me Junior Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  • Location34.887133,-81.00769

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:36 PM

Barnidge can be good....

There's literally no shred of evidence or production for me to base that assumption on though.

That's okay. I happen to agree. So on that basis, totally baseless assumptions are excellent. B)

#15 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,292 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:41 PM

What's with the panic it's only march.

It's not like we have to sign shockey by the end of the week or he's gone forever.

Not about Shockey...about not having money to make some basic moves. Really all we have done is sign 3 special teamers. Tolbert is all about lessening the blow of the 2012 clusterflux they created paying Williams. Doesn't really help with the flaws on D or improve the O as much as upgrading elsewhere.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com