Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shockey Not Likely To Come Back To Carolina

44 posts in this topic

Posted

I think signing Tolbert before making sure that we can bring Shockey back is already a blunder.

This says a lot about our confidence in re-signing Stewart that we have to add more running backs than make sure Cam's favorite position to pass to isn't properly addressed. We go all out one season to bring in the top quarterback prospect, but then can't follow up by signing some solid, relatively inexpensive targets just one season later. Kinda half-assed effort to improve the passing game if you ask me. This offseason, modest or not, isn't looking good. The draft can't come soon enough.

Well we can't resign Stewart....he isn't going to play for cheap and pass on his one big payday contract. The deals Marty gave hurt this team. You can argue they have mishandled things ever since they let Fox stay for a lame duck season.

Last offseason was more about over correcting a rep they earned while putting together a pointless year in 2010.

Posted

Barnidge can be good....

There's literally no shred of evidence or production for me to base that assumption on though.

That's okay. I happen to agree. So on that basis, totally baseless assumptions are excellent. B)

Posted

What's with the panic it's only march.

It's not like we have to sign shockey by the end of the week or he's gone forever.

Not about Shockey...about not having money to make some basic moves. Really all we have done is sign 3 special teamers. Tolbert is all about lessening the blow of the 2012 clusterflux they created paying Williams. Doesn't really help with the flaws on D or improve the O as much as upgrading elsewhere.

Posted

We don't have any money to pay him anyways, But I like to see what Barnidge is capable of in Chud's system...

Is this a serious statement? Barnidge hasn't done ANYTHING in any system.. All he knows how to do is review movies.

Posted

Its just agent Speak......Shockey probably wants a certain amount and the panthers dont want to do that, so Drew is trying to drum up some business, saying Hey, my client is available. if we want shockey and he wants to play here, They will find a way.

But with the signing of Tolbert, Barnidge coming back. I dont think shockey will be back.

Posted

This forum seriously needs to stop talking about Barnidge as if he means anything.

It's getting annoying. Thumbing down posts just isn't enough.

Posted

Would prefer to have Shockey back over Barnidge.

Posted

Didn't Shockey F Paris Hilton at one time?

Posted

Believe it or not, I think we will draft Flemming from Stanford if available in the 2nd round. Thats why they havent been quick to re-sign Shockey.

Posted

If Shockley doesn't return, what I'll miss is not so much his production but his personna. He provided that X factor in the locker room that every good team needs.

Don't think we'll miss his on field production to be honest as Olsen is very good where Barnidge for me doesn't have to be special.

Posted

Like I said in another post, in so many words, nobody really knows what Branidge can do. Making any type of bold affirmative statement to the positive or the negative is really disingenuous. The coaches have kept him around, probably because they see some potential. He outlasted Dante Rosario (whatever that means). Shockey has been a solid TE over the years, and he had a Shockey-esque year last year, meaning he got the job done (mostly) when he wasn't sidelined due to injury which is probably indicative of his age. But it's not like his on field production was a key to our modest "success", and I don't see it being the key to our success in the future. Basically, I am not going to cry crocodile tears if any TE not named Olsen isn't on the squad next year.

1 person likes this

Posted

This forum seriously needs to stop talking about Barnidge as if he means anything.

It's getting annoying. Thumbing down posts just isn't enough.

Lets make a deal, people will stop talking up Barnidge if you stop talking down Hurney and bitching about the William's contract screwing everything up. That is way beyond annoying and happened over a year ago.

1 person likes this