#16 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,878 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:42 PM

We don't have any money to pay him anyways, But I like to see what Barnidge is capable of in Chud's system...

Is this a serious statement? Barnidge hasn't done ANYTHING in any system.. All he knows how to do is review movies.

#17 ChefAdam

ChefAdam

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationWilson, NC

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:45 PM

Its just agent Speak......Shockey probably wants a certain amount and the panthers dont want to do that, so Drew is trying to drum up some business, saying Hey, my client is available. if we want shockey and he wants to play here, They will find a way.

But with the signing of Tolbert, Barnidge coming back. I dont think shockey will be back.

#18 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,063 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:47 PM

This forum seriously needs to stop talking about Barnidge as if he means anything.

It's getting annoying. Thumbing down posts just isn't enough.

#19 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,513 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:51 PM

Would prefer to have Shockey back over Barnidge.

#20 pOpCoRnPoPpEr

pOpCoRnPoPpEr

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts
  • LocationPrison

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:51 PM

Didn't Shockey F Paris Hilton at one time?

#21 GotSwag?

GotSwag?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:30 PM

Believe it or not, I think we will draft Flemming from Stanford if available in the 2nd round. Thats why they havent been quick to re-sign Shockey.

#22 Ken

Ken

Triple Threat

• HUDDLER
  • 3,670 posts
  • Locationnyc

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:32 PM

If Shockley doesn't return, what I'll miss is not so much his production but his personna. He provided that X factor in the locker room that every good team needs.
Don't think we'll miss his on field production to be honest as Olsen is very good where Barnidge for me doesn't have to be special.

#23 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 7,575 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:35 PM

Like I said in another post, in so many words, nobody really knows what Branidge can do. Making any type of bold affirmative statement to the positive or the negative is really disingenuous. The coaches have kept him around, probably because they see some potential. He outlasted Dante Rosario (whatever that means). Shockey has been a solid TE over the years, and he had a Shockey-esque year last year, meaning he got the job done (mostly) when he wasn't sidelined due to injury which is probably indicative of his age. But it's not like his on field production was a key to our modest "success", and I don't see it being the key to our success in the future. Basically, I am not going to cry crocodile tears if any TE not named Olsen isn't on the squad next year.

#24 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,963 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:37 PM

This forum seriously needs to stop talking about Barnidge as if he means anything.

It's getting annoying. Thumbing down posts just isn't enough.

Lets make a deal, people will stop talking up Barnidge if you stop talking down Hurney and bitching about the William's contract screwing everything up. That is way beyond annoying and happened over a year ago.

#25 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,963 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:42 PM

4 million dollars is too much for 35 catches and 400 yards. People act like not signing him will cause alll kind of issues and it won't. Maybe this season given Cam has a year in this offense, instead of going to the tight ends on every play he will go to 3 receiver sets and use the running backs more. We needed 2 TE sets last year but might not anymore. As the QB matures so might the offense. Bringing in Tolbert and letting Shockey go might be the next evolution of the offense. Lets see what happens before we start the biching and moaning.

#26 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,295 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:47 PM

i think he was more needed for last year than this year.

i'd like for him to return, but he isn't as necessary as he was as a player or a personality.

if he comes back...cool. if he doesn't....it's not that big of a deal.

#27 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,063 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:46 PM

Lets make a deal, people will stop talking up Barnidge if you stop talking down Hurney and bitching about the William's contract screwing everything up. That is way beyond annoying and happened over a year ago.

At least I'm bitching about his contract for a reason. People talking goody good about Barnidge are basing his potential off of literally nothing. It's almost as annoying as people calling Dante Rosario a "pass catching TE".

I'm well aware that people dislike hearing the truth. Your post only serves to inspire me.

#28 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 10,194 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:53 PM

If another team wanted Shockey bad enough they would have already pounced on him. Shock knows his best fit is here in carolina

#29 beastson

beastson

Philly Cheese Steak

• HUDDLER
  • 10,076 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:00 PM

So we're going to draft a TE ?

#30 The Special One

The Special One

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:45 PM

So we're going to draft a TE ?

No. TE class this year is extremely weak and we have other needs. We have Olson, Barnidge as our receiving TE's and Hartsock and UDFA Greg Smith as our blocking TE's.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com