Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frank Martin Takes South Carolina Job

9 posts in this topic

Posted

Hmmmm What do you think? Fired in Four years or NCAA tourney team in four years?

Seems like a good hire for South Carolina but a step down for Martin.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/news?slug=ap-southcarolina-martin

Posted

I think he will probably turn them into a tourney team in under 4 years. There is plenty of room in the SEC for another inconsistent team. Outside from UK, Mizzou, and Florida, there is always a team or 2 that can get in. He'll nab it at least one year.

Posted

Martin is a good coach....may not get the best players but gets the best out of them.....He will get them to the NCAA tourney. Whether or not its consistent year in and out.......thats depends on if he can get a few "blue-chippers"

Posted

im a gamecock fan and i love this hire. dude has an attitude and its exactly what our undisciplined team needs. the SEC could always use an extra tourney team

Posted

great hire for the Gamecocks.

Posted

Even though it's a peculiar move - it gets Martin out of the shadow of KU.

Posted

He'll be awful his first two years is my bet. I've heard they expect players to transfer.

I have no doubts he can get some talent in there and win, but it probably won't be until year 3 or 4.

Posted

martin is the exact opposite of what darrin horn was trying to do. Horn was by all accounts a 'laid-back' coach and i think his players often played the same way. They weren't focused and often looked like they didn't even know what they were doing. It was sloppy sloppy sloppy.

Martin on the other hand.....will demand much more from these kids and I think it will scare off the ones that don't want to work hard for what they are given. If that is the case, good riddance.

Posted

demotion