111 replies to this topic

#16 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,423 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:07 PM

Weed smoking is not something you just give up. If he was kicked off the team for it then that's a huge problem. Especially with the NFL drug testing now days. 2nd round pick hell yes, first round pick hell fuging no!

#17 OnlyPantherFaninMaine

OnlyPantherFaninMaine

All In.

• HUDDLER
  • 5,846 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:09 PM

Weed smoking is not something you just give up. If he was kicked off the team for it then that's a huge problem. Especially with the NFL drug testing now days. 2nd round pick hell yes, first round pick hell fuging no!

It is when it's the difference between millions of dollars and an NFL career.

#18 TylerVagyler

TylerVagyler

• HUDDLER
  • 2,047 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:11 PM

He hasn't had a positive test at Northern Alabama and has had no off field issues. People can change. Saying there's no way he can stop smoking weed is just stupid. And let's be real, smoking weed does not make you a bad person. He has done all he can to prove he's changed and has shown maturity since his departure from Florida.

#19 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,431 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:13 PM

What is your case for him not being a top 10 pick?

Posted Image

#20 TylerVagyler

TylerVagyler

• HUDDLER
  • 2,047 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:16 PM

I know the circumstances are a little different, but how many people on this board said picking Cam would be a mistake due to his off-field issues? After Cam was dismissed from Florida, he matured and grew as person. And from what I've read, Jenkins has done the same.

#21 CARuthless

CARuthless

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:23 PM

he'll be smokin blunts in the offseason fo sho. just like dre kirk

#22 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,200 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:25 PM

Posted Image

Lol.

But JJ is far from a Pacman imo. Atleast if JJ get invited to NY, he'll be dress in a nice suit unlike Pacman

#23 Johnny Kilroy

Johnny Kilroy

Kilroy Kicks Butt

• HUDDLER
  • 5,648 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:32 PM

So your willing to draft him the second thinking he he won't "give up" weed. That to me makes no sense especially with someone with top 15 talent. If you think he isn't going to give it up then why draft him at all.

#24 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,513 posts
  • LocationS.L.R.C.

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:38 PM

Wouldn't mind him, in the second round. If we trade back in the first I'd say hell yes. Not at #9.

#25 cotblock

cotblock

Don't Call Me Junior Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  • Location34.887133,-81.00769

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:39 PM

Top 10 talent, no question. I'll have no problem if we pick him at 9, but I'm about 99% confident it won't happen for one very important reason: JR. JR is big on character and if he isn't sold, it won't happen. If he meets with JJ and okays it, fine...but I don't see it happening.

#26 Johnny Kilroy

Johnny Kilroy

Kilroy Kicks Butt

• HUDDLER
  • 5,648 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:42 PM

Top 10 talent, no question. I'll have no problem if we pick him at 9, but I'm about 99% confident it won't happen for one very important reason: JR. JR is big on character and if he isn't sold, it won't happen. If he meets with JJ and okays it, fine...but I don't see it happening.

Yeah that's kind of my point. I have no problem with Jenkins at 9 considering the talent he has. I think he will mature from his situation and change as a person but it's not up to me. It's up to JR. And if he is okay with him on his character then there is no reason why he couldn't be selected in the top 10.

#27 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,706 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:06 PM

Wait long enough, I have little doubt you will have a real case to defend.

#28 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,706 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:06 PM

Wait long enough, I have little doubt you will have a real case to defend.

#29 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,706 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:12 PM

Tell me....What did Jenkins probably say to coaches after his first drug bust? What is he saying now? HINT: The same damn things. If you think going undergound to a FCS (I AA) school cured him enough to invest a high pick on him-you are dumb.

Yes, RR can contol him. Shouldn't Rivera be spending his time doing other things? You folks act like we are running a day care-rehab service. Not worth it. In my experience, people on drugs will lie and let you down. EVERY TIME.

#30 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,706 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:14 PM

Jenkins is cured!! I know because he played a year of small college ball and was not busted again.
--Mr Gullible

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Carolina Panthers, NFL Draft, Janoris Jenkins

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.