• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#76 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 15,535 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:10 PM

It's one thing for an average kid to smoke some weed in high school. It's another for an upper-echelon athlete to have a "habit". Kids that can't stay away from drugs when they know what it does to an athlete's career worry me.

it should just be legalized.. and then it'll rightfully be no different than someone who has a drink every now and then..

athletes who are habitual drinkers are ruining their life... lol

#77 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,643 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:18 PM

some of you would be surprised how many NFL players smoke weed. with that being said, i believe JJ will be a baller. doubt he is there at 40 so we would have to take him at 9.

#78 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:38 PM

Gilmore is a lot like Gamble.. Actually..

No Kirkpatrick is identical to Gamble.

#79 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 16,132 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:40 PM

Gumble is a bit similar to Gamble.

#80 Snake

Snake

Im on the Gus Bus

• HUDDLER
  • 12,130 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:24 PM

if you have a drink from time to time, are you an alcoholic? granted, marijuana is illegal, but that's aside from the imagery you convey..

drug problems.. sheesh..

If you get two DUIs in less than 3 months are you not an alcoholic? I mean lets be serious, the imagery I am painting is factual.

#81 Snake

Snake

Im on the Gus Bus

• HUDDLER
  • 12,130 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:35 PM

If you have consistently smoked marijuana in your life for extended amounts of time, you would probably realize that the substance itself is not what is addictive, but usually those who smoke tend to form a habit of needing an oral fixation. Classifying a teenager as an "addict" for smoking marijuana in his spare time is a bit absurd. Also, the drug test for the NCAA are random. Nearly every friend of mine here at college complain about random screenings every season and all season long.

I'm not trying to turn this into a marijuana debate, I just think you would be surprised at how many athletes smoked the substance in their collegiate careers and in the off-season and still go on to be stud professional athletes.

NCAA randomly tests for Performance enhancers not Drugs. If they did half of College athletes would be suspended. Getting busted in less than thee months apart for something screams red flag. If Cam excepted two stolen lap tops people would have gone ape poo. Everyone knows Coaches warn players of these things and his first time was looked over but he ignored it and got busted again. That just does not say first round pick to me.

#82 Johnny Kilroy

Johnny Kilroy

Kilroy Kicks Butt

• HUDDLER
  • 5,648 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:55 PM

The thing is, Janoris never got harsh punishment at Florida under Meyer. So he never really learned his lesson. Muschamp came in and kicked him off. That was the wake up call.

#83 TylerVagyler

TylerVagyler

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 09:20 PM

If you get two DUIs in less than 3 months are you not an alcoholic? I mean lets be serious, the imagery I am painting is factual.

uhhh....no it's not.

One puts your and others' lives in danger. The other is not harmful to yourself or others and tested for at random.

And once again, there have been no reports of him smoking since being dismissed from Florida. No one is denying the fact that he has screwed up many times in the past. All we are saying is people CAN change. He deserves the opportunity to come and talk to JR and Rivera so they can evaluate him as a person. If they think he has matured and they trust him, I want him as a Panther. If they think he is a shithead, then I trust that opinion and don't want him.

#84 Snake

Snake

Im on the Gus Bus

• HUDDLER
  • 12,130 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:21 PM

uhhh....no it's not.

One puts your and others' lives in danger. The other is not harmful to yourself or others and tested for at random.

And once again, there have been no reports of him smoking since being dismissed from Florida. No one is denying the fact that he has screwed up many times in the past. All we are saying is people CAN change. He deserves the opportunity to come and talk to JR and Rivera so they can evaluate him as a person. If they think he has matured and they trust him, I want him as a Panther. If they think he is a shithead, then I trust that opinion and don't want him.

So getting a DUI for smoking pot is ok but getting a DUI for drinking is not? Genius

and just to clarify that he was in a car cause I know someone is going to argue that.

Gainesville police said they found a marijuana cigar in the console of the vehicle

The kid is talented but not worth a first round pick for at #9. If we were picking 20th or later then sure but not at 9.

#85 scarface

scarface

• HUDDLER
  • 3,117 posts
  • LocationEastern NC

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:43 PM

Jenkins is my #1 choice @ #9.
Coples, Kuechly, Ingram, or Kirkpatrick would be fine @ 9 too.
I dont think any DT is worth #9 at this point.

#86 beastson

beastson

Philly Cheese Steak

• HUDDLER
  • 10,075 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:53 PM

All I see in that video is punt return, punt return, punt return

Rather take Dre

#87 Johnny Kilroy

Johnny Kilroy

Kilroy Kicks Butt

• HUDDLER
  • 5,648 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:41 PM

All I see in that video is punt return, punt return, punt return

Rather take Dre

I mentioned earlier that I put that video up there because many haven't seen much footage from his year at UNA. But if you haven't seen him at UF, he was a great cover corner as I note in the original post. Better than Dre. Don't get hung up on the video, I'm not campaigning for a returner at #9.

#88 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:54 PM

thug

do

not

want

#89 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 16,132 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:22 AM

thug

do

not

want

His smile is fake too, I hear.

#90 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 19,222 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:26 AM

I like Gilmore in the 2nd round too. High character kid, good grades, good football IQ, gifted physically. Really think he'll be a lot like Gamble.

With this becoming a pass oriented league, having 3-4 top CB's is becomming a necessity. Both Gilmore and Jenkins are likely to come off the board in the first round.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Carolina Panthers, NFL Draft, Janoris Jenkins

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com