#91 cotblock

cotblock

Don't Call Me Junior Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  • Location34.887133,-81.00769

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:19 AM

With this becoming a pass oriented league, having 3-4 top CB's is becomming a necessity. Both Gilmore and Jenkins are likely to come off the board in the first round.

You may be right. I'm taking comfort in 2 notions:
1. The CB class is pretty deep and there is more doubt about the DL's and LB's having immediate impact.
2. I'm hoping a couple of teams pull an Atlanta and decide, "We HAVE to have this guy NOW!" and trade the rest of their drafts to get him. Washington did it pre-emptively, I have confidence that a couple others will look to trade up to get certain players they have decided are a head or so above the rest...like Coples or Tannehill.

#92 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,162 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:24 AM

He's not going to be our first round pick.

#93 Johnny Kilroy

Johnny Kilroy

Kilroy Kicks Butt

• HUDDLER
  • 5,648 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:36 AM

NCAA randomly tests for Performance enhancers not Drugs. If they did half of College athletes would be suspended. Getting busted in less than thee months apart for something screams red flag. If Cam excepted two stolen lap tops people would have gone ape poo. Everyone knows Coaches warn players of these things and his first time was looked over but he ignored it and got busted again. That just does not say first round pick to me.

NCAA tests randomly for all drugs. They don't have separate tests. It's not like the receive the results and say, "Hey, this player is clean on steroids but had a positive test for marijuana. But since we were only testing for steroids, we'll let him slide." A drug test is a drug test. They cover them all.

#94 Udogg

Udogg

Cardiac Victim since 95

• HUDDLER
  • 3,284 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:27 AM

I don't think he would be our first round pic. However had to pie you for an awesome argument and post.

#95 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,692 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:02 PM

NCAA tests randomly for all drugs. They don't have separate tests. It's not like the receive the results and say, "Hey, this player is clean on steroids but had a positive test for marijuana. But since we were only testing for steroids, we'll let him slide." A drug test is a drug test. They cover them all.

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=2918911

A proposal that would have expanded the NCAA's drug-testing policy to include street drugs was rejected Wednesday by an NCAA committee.

You sir are wrong and its at the schools discretion to test for drugs.

#96 Johnny Kilroy

Johnny Kilroy

Kilroy Kicks Butt

• HUDDLER
  • 5,648 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:52 PM

You sir are wrong and its at the schools discretion to test for drugs.

My bad. Am I misinterpreting this then:

NCAA drug testing programs are as follows:

NCAA Year-Round Drug-Testing Program
All student-athletes competing in any Division I & II sports are subject to NCAA random on or off-campus drug testing throughout the year (including summer).

Substances tested: All NCAA banned categories [i.e., stimulants, anabolic agents, diuretics, urine manipulators, street drugs; and beta blockers and alcohol (rifle only)].

http://www.cheyney.e...rug-Testing.cfm

I knew they tested for marijuana and I read the NCAA randomly tests so I just assumed they tested randomly for marijuana. But according to you, I guess that's not the case. But who's to say the school's administered drug tests aren't random?

But really that point to me is not really a deciding one. He realizes what he did was wrong and is trying assure teams that the can't do it anymore because of his family.

#97 Moose87Banks

Moose87Banks

I Love Unicorns!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts
  • LocationOregon/Charlotte

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:35 PM

hmm let me think.... No

#98 Johnny Kilroy

Johnny Kilroy

Kilroy Kicks Butt

• HUDDLER
  • 5,648 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:53 PM

hmm let me think.... No

Great post...

Would like to hear some reasoning behind your opinion.

#99 Moose87Banks

Moose87Banks

I Love Unicorns!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts
  • LocationOregon/Charlotte

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:13 PM

I'm not gonna support wasting a #9 pick on jenkins... ESPN Mock Draft has him falling to us in the second. It may not happen but we will see.

#100 Johnny Kilroy

Johnny Kilroy

Kilroy Kicks Butt

• HUDDLER
  • 5,648 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:44 PM

I'm not gonna support wasting a #9 pick on jenkins... ESPN Mock Draft has him falling to us in the second. It may not happen but we will see.

It'll only be wasted if his troubled past continues on this level. In all likelihood he won't bust because of talent. He has top ten talent.

#101 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 18,621 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:49 PM

I don't believe in reaches and most coaches and GMs don't either, including ours. If the player you want is there and he will really help the team out, you take him. I would not be upset with Jenkins at 9.

#102 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,692 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 11:06 AM

My bad. Am I misinterpreting this then:

http://www.cheyney.e...rug-Testing.cfm

I knew they tested for marijuana and I read the NCAA randomly tests so I just assumed they tested randomly for marijuana. But according to you, I guess that's not the case. But who's to say the school's administered drug tests aren't random?

But really that point to me is not really a deciding one. He realizes what he did was wrong and is trying assure teams that the can't do it anymore because of his family.

As I said before they do not do random test for MJ.

Student-athletes are subject to NCAA drug testing for marijuana only at NCAA championship events

So that would only be the Champ game. Thats one game a year for two teams. Thats from the NCAA so deal with it.(http://www.ncaa.org/...rijuana+penalty) You are wrong...

#103 Johnny Kilroy

Johnny Kilroy

Kilroy Kicks Butt

• HUDDLER
  • 5,648 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 11:16 AM

That's why I said "my bad." I admitted it, I must have been misinformed.

That fact doesn't change my view of Janoris in the least.

#104 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,628 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:29 PM

http://espn.go.com/n...lking-tightrope

article on the front page of ESPN about Janoris

#105 Johnny Kilroy

Johnny Kilroy

Kilroy Kicks Butt

• HUDDLER
  • 5,648 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:31 PM

I was just going to post that. Just finished reading. It talks about some of the better influences in his life and like I stated, how UNA was an humbling experience.

"Janoris isn't a risk of being a problem off the field in the NFL," Bowden said. "He's a tough kid and a hard worker. People talk about him having four kids, and I didn't even know that because he never talked about it. Usually, guys that have issues with that are late for practice or always dealing with stuff. I always felt like Janoris was handling his business."
Jenkins also has found comfort in the maturity he's gained over the past year. This past fall, his father, William, sent him a DVD of the movie "Secretariat" in hopes of teaching him another valuable lesson.
"I wanted him to know he was just like that horse," William said. "There are times when you're going to lose but you also can't give up. Janoris has kept fighting."

"I was just happy to get the opportunity to play with those guys," said Jenkins, who finished the season as a second-team Division II All-American. "I saw what they had to go through in order to get their opportunities. I tried to let them know that they could've been D-1 players, too, even though they didn't get the chance."
"Going from Florida to North Alabama for Janoris was like going from driving a Lexus to driving a Hyundai," William said. "But it was a positive for him. We'd been on him for three years, and I think he started to relax. He needed to realize this could all be over in a flash."Now Jenkins has to convince others that he's as contrite and committed to success as Bowden believed. Said Heater: "He's not a bad kid. I think Janoris just made some bad decisions. He had a lot of friends from Pahokee that would come see him [in Gainesville], and I don't think they were the best influences."

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Carolina Panthers, NFL Draft, Janoris Jenkins

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com