Carolina Panthers NFL Draft Janoris Jenkins

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#106 TylerVagyler

TylerVagyler

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:26 PM

Bowden added that he doesn't see Jenkins as having a drug problem, saying, "I can see how this happened. His coaches had left. He couldn't practice because of that injury. And Pahokee isn't that far from Gainesville. If he had been getting up at 5 a.m. to lift weights, I guarantee he wouldn't have been doing that stuff."[/size]]

good article.

The guy definitely made some mistakes and has/will pay his dues. But that doesn't make him a bad person.

#107 Johnny Kilroy

Johnny Kilroy

Kilroy Kicks Butt

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,648 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 09:55 AM

NFP: Breaking Down a Pick 6

I remember this game and this INT sparked UF

Is Jenkins sitting on this route? No question—and I like it. There is no need to backpedal out. If you know pressure is coming (and you trust your ability to open and run), then go ahead and play through the 3-step game (slant, hitch). Too often we see DBs at the college level backpedal and give up the slant or hitch routinely because they don’t trust their skill set. If your cushion (distance between DB and WR) isn’t threatened by the initial release, then don’t give ground.

#108 The Huddler

The Huddler

St. Thomas Aquinas

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,932 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 10:09 AM

We should trade back and pick this dude up AND and extra 2nd. possible?

#109 Hairless Cat

Hairless Cat

Thread Diddler

• HUDDLER
  • 2,356 posts
  • LocationShotgun Shack

Posted 01 April 2012 - 11:15 AM

I dont think the best cb duo in the world will do us much good if we dont make a couple of moves to shore up our pass rush and start to consistantly get pressure on opposing qb 's. IMO d line and linebacker are our biggest needs. Besides I think Gable and Hogan will both do well this year - if they get help from up front.

#110 Johnny Kilroy

Johnny Kilroy

Kilroy Kicks Butt

• HUDDLER
  • 5,648 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 12:26 PM

I dont think the best cb duo in the world will do us much good if we dont make a couple of moves to shore up our pass rush and start to consistantly get pressure on opposing qb 's. IMO d line and linebacker are our biggest needs. Besides I think Gable and Hogan will both do well this year - if they get help from up front.

But what it does do by selecting a shutdown corner, it fixes the pass game quicker and makes your defense more complete. We are going to need to strengthen our pass defense and rush defense regardless. But if you have a duo of CBs that can actually defend the pass that makes the jobs of the safeties that much easier. I am not saying that our whole lack of rush defense was because the safeties were caught helping the CBs but it had to play a factor. There are more pieces that go into creating QB pressure and it'll take more than one player to accomplish that.

So why not draft a CB that helps you shore up the pass defense and then focus on creating a pass rush?

#111 ClarkCam

ClarkCam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:37 PM

I completely agree with your assessment of his talent. He lacks none. If we were in the teens, I would take the pick, but with the eighth pick, it is risky. I wouldn't be upset if we took him (especially over Poe), but it is a definite risk that cannot simply be overlooked.

#112 DawgzLife

DawgzLife

Charter Fan '93

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 11:19 PM

This draft is deep at CB. Why take a chance on Jenkins? If he is there when we pick in the 2nd, I think the value would be way to high to not pick him, BUT...that likely won't happen, so this seems like a moot issue.

Look at how quick JR has been to get rid of guys with 'possible' cahracter or substance abuse issues in the past...why would he change now? Just b/c he has Rivera?! I love the point about Rivera not running a daycare & having other things to do! :rolleyes:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Carolina Panthers, NFL Draft, Janoris Jenkins

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com