Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Coach Rivera Says "adding Lb Depth Important"

61 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

@josephperson: Rivera says adding LB depth is impt either through the draft or free agency. Panthers lost Dan Connor in free agency. Jordan Senn also a FA.

While we pretty much already knew this, it has been confirmed from the HC himself. This pretty much guarantees that we draft a LB in 2nd or 4th maybe. FA probably isn't really an option due to our cap issues.

Who's looking good as a 2nd round talent? College fans fire away.

Posted · Report post

Well at least we have Thomas Davis. He never gets hurt.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

LB's that fit a 4-3 defense near the #40 pick:

#1 Zach Brown is now projected a high 2nd rounder.. would fit perfectly, there is a small chance he is there.

#2 Donta Hightower - MLB thumper.. doubt we take a MLB this early (for depth)

#3 Lavonte David - Could play safety at the next level, undersized

#4 Bobby Wagner - Utah St LB, that has been nothing but rising ever since the senior bowl.. and great production in college

#5 Bruce Irvin - Has the athletiscm to play in both 43 and 34 defenses.. not much experience in coverage, but has all tools

LBs near our 4th round pick:

#1 Nigel Bradham - FSU -

#2 Sean Spence - Miami - Undersized

#3 Josh Kaddu - Oregon

#4 Demorrio Davis - Arkansas State

#5 Keenan Robinson - Texas - Athletic freak.. reminds me of Keith Bullock with long arms

#6 Emmanuel Acho - VERY smart LB, with adequate athletiscm. This guy can read and react quicker than most LBs. Would love him with our 4th round pick. I think he could start from day 1.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I want Brown. Unless there is a shift and certain players drop,(Gilmore or Still etc) I really want Brown.

Posted · Report post

Bruce Irvin...Brown is soft.

Posted · Report post

Makes you wonder if Jordan Senn will come back after we clear some cap space. He's gotten no offers in FA.

Posted · Report post

I want Brown. Unless there is a shift and certain players drop,(Gilmore or Still etc) I really want Brown.

I agree with wanting Brown, I think his skill set and speed would cushion the blow if TD gets hurt again, last year our lack of speed and athleticism behind Beason and TD was exposed.

Posted · Report post

I like Lavonte David in the 2nd. Replace TD

As has been discussed before Luke in the first and 2nd round DT could make sense.

Posted · Report post

Brown/Hightower are the only lbs il take in the 2nd.

O r maybe a Sean Spence/Ronnel Lewis/Travis Lewis/ Audie Cole/Terrell Manning/Acho later in the fourth and later.

Posted · Report post

I think we will double dip in the mid rounds. 4th and 5th rounds. Dream Scenerio. Nigel Bradham or Travis Lewis in the 4th, Tyler Nielsen or Dairus Fleming in the 5th. I also like Bruce Irvin he is ultra fast and raw.

Posted · Report post

Brown/Hightower are the only lbs il take in the 2nd.

O r maybe a Sean Spence/Ronnel Lewis/Travis Lewis/ Audie Cole/Terrell Manning/Acho later in the fourth and later.

What don't you like about David being the WLB?

Posted · Report post

Spence won't make it to the 4th. I would love to see him in a Panthers Uni though. They said Beason was under sized as well, look how that turned out. He has all the tools and a nose for the ball. He's an immediate impact player on that side of the ball. I am a U homer though. Love Sean Spence