#31 KSpan

KSpan

Bow-chicka-wow-wow!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,331 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:11 PM

If you want immediate and thorough results, I took the following action with great success:

1. Rake it all up first - the stuff grows on the surface and literally peels off the ground.
2. Use a pre-emergent fertilizer to kill off any seeds that might still germinate - water for a week or so to activate the stuff and soak the fertilizer in.
3. Seed, water, and get the regular grass growing. I don't know what grows well out there, but I used a rye/fescue mix to get some grass popping up immediately and have been overseeding with a bluegrass ever since to get a nice blend. Plus, the rye smells really nice.

Once the regular is in nice and thick, the clover doesn't have anywhere to grow.

#32 Donald LaFell

Donald LaFell

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:26 PM

seems kind of silly that we spend all this time on our lawns. I would just let whatever grass is there grow. I hope I don't choose to live in a place with an HOA.

#33 Wither

Wither

Relatively Unknown Poster

• HUDDLER
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:39 PM

Yeah..I don't think those are very nice people...

I shall stick with Spectracide

I am not disagreeing with Floppin but I hope you are not that convinced by someone making a few posts on the internet.

#34 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,485 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:48 PM

You should always believe everything that comes from me, for I always speak the truth.

#35 Wither

Wither

Relatively Unknown Poster

• HUDDLER
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:02 PM

You should always believe everything that comes from me, for I always speak the truth.

Iunno, you're pretty radical.

#36 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:43 AM

If its green I mow it short and don't care

#37 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 18,774 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:48 AM

shoot an irishman

#38 Mrs Pantherfan

Mrs Pantherfan

Lusting on Zod

• HUDDLER
  • 4,760 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:26 AM

I am not disagreeing with Floppin but I hope you are not that convinced by someone making a few posts on the internet.

You mean Floppin isn't right about everything???

and no...I was teasing about that..if we stopped buying and using products that we're the "devil"..there'd be nothing left

#39 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,078 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:32 AM

seems kind of silly that we spend all this time on our lawns. I would just let whatever grass is there grow. I hope I don't choose to live in a place with an HOA.

But it's so pretty.

We hired this stuff out this year. For $490 a year the guy comes out and does 7 treatments and will come out for free for any problems that arise. This actually ended up costing us about what we were already spending on on our yard doing it ourselves and not getting the results he's getting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.