Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please Reassure Me Our Fo Is Gonna Trade J.stew

102 posts in this topic

Posted

No, I want runningbacks. I WANNA HORDE THEM ALL!

1 person likes this

Posted

No, I want runningbacks. I WANNA HORDE THEM ALL!

well our biggest weakness is our defense stopping the run. instead of actually trying to fix that we should just sign EVERY running back in the league then teams can't exploit our weakness :winning:

Posted

Apparently you guys don't keep up with the insiders. We're not allowed to trade Stewart because he's friends with Williams.

Posted

There is no such thing as franchised on the cheap.

Posted

Most people say Stew is worth a third round pick. Of course I don't want to trade him at all, and especially not for that price. Yet if Stewart has a really productive year and he walks afterward, we should get a third compensatory pick anyway. So it's best to keep him.

Posted

Most people say Stew is worth a third round pick. Of course I don't want to trade him at all, and especially not for that price. Yet if Stewart has a really productive year and he walks afterward, we should get a third compensatory pick anyway. So it's best to keep him.

But, the Comp pick is at the end of the third and will be two years from now. A third today is worth WAY more than a third in a few years.

Not saying we should trade him for anything less than a 2nd, but I could still see it happening.

Posted

I wish people would get off this trade Stewart nonsense.

Yes, Tolbert can play RB but he will most likely be used as the Fullback.

The holes can be filled without getting rid of Stewart.

A-Muthafuggin-Men!!

Posted

Find it amazing how people want to sbip off our best runningback.

Xojmt me as one that hopes that Stew remains a Panther.

Posted

The Panthers need to keep Stewart. The offense is good. Don't fug wid it.

Posted

Find it amazing how people want to sbip off our best runningback.

Xojmt me as one that hopes that Stew remains a Panther.

I don't think anyone on here WANTS to get rid of Stew. We just look at the situation and realize that it is not likely to sign him long-term after the DWill contract. We can debate whether DWill should have gotten that contract.....and most would say no.

But, that ship has sailed and we are where we are.

I personally would take Stew over DWilll in a heartbeat. However, I am also in the camp that says signing him long-term at the end of the season is not likely and quite frankly would not be smart.

This is a passing league now and tying up $16-20M of cap space (15% of the Cap) in the RB position is not wise.

If we can get a 2nd for him, we should ABSOLUTELY make the trade. A 3rd and it is a more difficult decision.

Posted

See:

Posted

Why would we trade one of the top 5 weapons in our offense? Tolbert could be a top 10 weapon, but he hasnt earned top 5 here yet. it just doesnt make sense...

2x 2nds maybe, but just a 2nd for Stew? Ludacris, and Im not talkin about the rapper...

Can we get all these 'trade Stew' threads merged, please?