Photo
* - - - - 3 votes

Please Reassure Me Our Fo Is Gonna Trade J.stew

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
101 replies to this topic

#91 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:05 PM

Why do you ask others why they make assumptions and then proceed to make assumptions yourself lol.

Everyone in this thread is assuming and speculating.

#92 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:08 PM

Why do you ask others why they make assumptions and then proceed to make assumptions yourself lol.

Everyone in this thread is assuming and speculating.

Both assumptions......but there isn't anything to support a more productive, better, and younger RB looking for a smaller deal than his counter part. besides saying, this is Carolina and he loves us so much he will do anything to be here.......

#93 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

HUDDLER

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:23 PM

We'll just have to see how it plays out.

All i know is, he better not walk for nothing or hurney should be lined up for the firing squad.

#94 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:27 PM

We'll just have to see how it plays out.

All i know is, he better not walk for nothing or hurney should be lined up for the firing squad.

What is better a 2nd round pick.....or a year of Stewart playing better than any other RB on our roster and a comp pick?

Team willing to give up a 2nd will also have to be a willing to pay good money instead of just drafting one....which seems to be the approach. Could be hard to find a deal worth trading him for

#95 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

HUDDLER

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:44 PM

Yeah but that sounds like a dream scenario. I just can't see anyone giving us a 2nd (too high), let alone having to negotiate a contract with him.

Well I guess stewart will be gone next season, and its all your fuggin fault CRA!

#96 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:49 PM

Yeah but that sounds like a dream scenario. I just can't see anyone giving us a 2nd (too high), let alone having to negotiate a contract with him.

Well I guess stewart will be gone next season, and its all your fuggin fault CRA!

Hey I would have told Williams to sign a fair deal based on what would be asked of him going forward plus factoring in his age.....and if he thought it was too little told him to pound sand b/c we have a younger stud RB on the roster not to mention a flat out fearsome QB who would be stealing carries. I would have tried to keep the together.

#97 Mr ocho nueve

Mr ocho nueve

Cam can't have my Number

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:30 PM

Goodson is on his way out, if this plays out accordingly. Stewart being traded, No way. It would be the dumbest thing the Fo has done in recent memory.

#98 Gin and Juice

Gin and Juice

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:01 PM

Will not be surprised to see a 4th RB added during the draft in the form of Chris Rainey. If he is there in the 6th then he is ours, maybe even the 5th

#99 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

HUDDLER

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:53 PM

The only thing I would trade Stew for (Were I GM) would be a first. He's truly worth a first, and I would sell him for no less. Then again, if I was GM, I would have let D-Will go rather than tie one end of a rope to him and the other in a noose around my neck like Hurney has done. I would have saved the money for that fat contract for Stew, who is now truly the better of the two backs. Not knocking Will, but Stew is just younger and better imo. Will is fast and all and hes a f**kin great RB, but Stew is the better long term investment here.

Point stands. If it was up to me, it would be a first or nothing for Stew. He is worth a first.

#100 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

HUDDLER

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:58 PM

RB by committee is NOT what we are doing. Purpose of that is to save money by gathering multiple RBs to fill specific roles. if you acquire MJD and Adrian Peterson that is not implementing a RB by committee approach....it is investing in two feature RBs and sitting one while the other plays.

Shockey played here last year bc we paid him to and it was a TE friendly system with Chud.

it is an delusion that Carolina is this dream place that people will take pay cuts just to be on the roster.

I see what you're saying, but Stew will not get paid much more anywhere else. And you do have to have supporting athletes on the roster to create that comfort level. It really comes down to if the individual believes we have a chance to put a ring on thier finger, or is it just the money? And how long the player can extend his career in your system. Which I believe our system is very sexy to premier players. Ecspecially the one's who already call this home.

#101 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:07 PM

I see what you're saying, but Stew will not get paid much more anywhere else. And you do have to have supporting athletes on the roster to create that comfort level. It really comes down to if the individual believes we have a chance to put a ring on thier finger, or is it just the money? And how long the player can extend his career in your system. Which I believe our system is very sexy to premier players. Ecspecially the one's who already call this home.

Also, if you want to be a NFL great....

Would you rather play 10 years splitting reps or 7 being the man?

Only thing I know is Stewart is going to leverage himself to get the best and biggest deal he can get....,and he should. This is it for a RB. This contract is your shot to get paid.

If he walks and a team doesn't have to give up picks....and he puts in a great last year. Someone will pay him more than we should match.

#102 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

HUDDLER

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:43 PM

Also, if you want to be a NFL great....

Would you rather play 10 years splitting reps or 7 being the man?

Only thing I know is Stewart is going to leverage himself to get the best and biggest deal he can get....,and he should. This is it for a RB. This contract is your shot to get paid.

If he walks and a team doesn't have to give up picks....and he puts in a great last year. Someone will pay him more than we should match.

Maybe he reminds me of Earl Cambell too much and I just hate to see him go anywhere else.