#32 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,589 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:36 PM

AE would have ended being a bust regardless of the cost.

The.draft is always a gamble. Hurney and company is no worse tjan other GM's at this.
Sometimes ya strike gold, other times ya come up with nothing.

#33 PFFC

PFFC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  • LocationTorrance, California

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:43 PM

Get rid of Pickles and have AE as the emergency #3 QB

#34 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,790 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:49 PM

I think that using an abbreviated "text speak" form of communication makes you look like a retarded 12 year old girl, but that's just me I suppose.

Considering it takes longer to type that way than to type properly, it's impossible to reconcile without just admitting you think you look cool.

#35 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,811 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:59 PM

Yes English does teach that outside of the classroom the room still applies. However, God gave me enough common sense to know what platform to use correct Grammar and English. Texting and forums does not qualify to be on that platform, what required there is getting your point across using the fewest letters that still allows an intelligent reader to understand. Ohhh, my bad...

Ah, the point of Fluency and Accuracy. I have this debate with my fellow teachers all the time. I rather they be accurate than fluent. Because you can talk your ass off and not get the point across accurately or Struggle speaking but get your point across.

I tell my students that grammar and vocabulary are like your clothes, the more you have the better you'll look and feel. The more diverse you can be. I don't condone bad grammar but it does get mind numbing when people refuse to use it every once and a while. Personally I believe it's laziness. But eh.

#36 cotblock

cotblock

Don't Call Me Junior Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  • Location34.887133,-81.00769

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:01 PM

Yes English does teach that outside of the classroom the room still applies. However, God gave me enough common sense to know what platform to use correct Grammar and English. Texting and forums does not qualify to be on that platform, what required there is getting your point across using the fewest letters that still allows an intelligent reader to understand. Ohhh, my bad...

:lol:

#37 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,752 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:45 PM

Posted Image

#38 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,244 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:48 AM

I think that using an abbreviated "text speak" form of communication makes you look like a retarded 12 year old girl, but that's just me I suppose.

There is abbreviated "text speak" used throughout this forum. This is not grade school, it's a forum. You understood what the abbreviations meant but chose to complain, like a 12 year old girl, on the use of said abbreviations. If you want to teach, become one, if you are one, teach!

#39 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,790 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:30 AM

So you went to school to learn to speak properly, and then threw it out the window when you were done?

When you graduated potty training, did you start pissing yourself again too?

#40 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 3,503 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:47 AM

So if the point is to use the fewest letters and get your point across why not say do instead of does? It's correct grammar and it's shorter. Unless you are just trying to use horrible grammar.

#41 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,244 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:51 AM

So you went to school to learn to speak properly, and then threw it out the window when you were done?

When you graduated potty training, did you start pissing yourself again too?

I didn't know that there were so many gramma critics here on the Huddle. I apologize for offending all of you by not displaying proper gramma withing my tread title (s) and or post (s). Thankyou for showing me the error of my ways. I will make a concious effort to use proper gramma on the Huddle. I'd like to thank the following: BigFurryKittyMan, rodeo, cotblock, Ivan The Awesome, Floppin and chef17 .

#42 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,790 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 04:16 AM

You just pissed all over yourself again.

#43 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 04:59 AM

Threads like this make me want to strangle most of you.

#44 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,470 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:25 AM

This is common sense. They've made a concerted effort all offseason to improve special teams, and its an area Ron Rivera mentioned frequently that needed improvement. Its been our worst until out of the 3 the for longest time.

#45 Panther4Ever

Panther4Ever

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:34 AM

Bring back Mark Jones

/thread

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com