Photo
- - - - -

We're Not Done Wit St...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
49 replies to this topic

#31 cultclassiccat

cultclassiccat

flash

SUPPORTER

Posted 29 March 2012 - 11:04 AM

Imagine Cam with improved field position...o face

#32 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:36 PM

AE would have ended being a bust regardless of the cost.

The.draft is always a gamble. Hurney and company is no worse tjan other GM's at this.
Sometimes ya strike gold, other times ya come up with nothing.

#33 PFFC

PFFC

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:43 PM

Get rid of Pickles and have AE as the emergency #3 QB

#34 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

HUDDLER

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:49 PM

I think that using an abbreviated "text speak" form of communication makes you look like a retarded 12 year old girl, but that's just me I suppose.

Considering it takes longer to type that way than to type properly, it's impossible to reconcile without just admitting you think you look cool.

#35 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

Keep Pounding...all the way to...the draft! :D

SUPPORTER

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:59 PM

Yes English does teach that outside of the classroom the room still applies. However, God gave me enough common sense to know what platform to use correct Grammar and English. Texting and forums does not qualify to be on that platform, what required there is getting your point across using the fewest letters that still allows an intelligent reader to understand. Ohhh, my bad...

Ah, the point of Fluency and Accuracy. I have this debate with my fellow teachers all the time. I rather they be accurate than fluent. Because you can talk your ass off and not get the point across accurately or Struggle speaking but get your point across.

I tell my students that grammar and vocabulary are like your clothes, the more you have the better you'll look and feel. The more diverse you can be. I don't condone bad grammar but it does get mind numbing when people refuse to use it every once and a while. Personally I believe it's laziness. But eh.

#36 cotblock

cotblock

Don't Call Me Junior Member

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:01 PM

Yes English does teach that outside of the classroom the room still applies. However, God gave me enough common sense to know what platform to use correct Grammar and English. Texting and forums does not qualify to be on that platform, what required there is getting your point across using the fewest letters that still allows an intelligent reader to understand. Ohhh, my bad...

:lol:

#37 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

HUDDLER

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:45 PM

Posted Image

#38 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

HUDDLER

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:48 AM

I think that using an abbreviated "text speak" form of communication makes you look like a retarded 12 year old girl, but that's just me I suppose.

There is abbreviated "text speak" used throughout this forum. This is not grade school, it's a forum. You understood what the abbreviations meant but chose to complain, like a 12 year old girl, on the use of said abbreviations. If you want to teach, become one, if you are one, teach!

#39 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

HUDDLER

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:30 AM

So you went to school to learn to speak properly, and then threw it out the window when you were done?

When you graduated potty training, did you start pissing yourself again too?

#40 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

HUDDLER

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:47 AM

So if the point is to use the fewest letters and get your point across why not say do instead of does? It's correct grammar and it's shorter. Unless you are just trying to use horrible grammar.