Photo
- - - - -

New Todd Mcshay Mock Draft First Two Rounds

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
112 replies to this topic

#109 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:24 PM

agreed that it is risky. everyone only remembers the bad workout warriors, but there are a few that have really shown, such as Jason Pierre-Paul. He wasn't amazing in college, but had a great combine, and will be a top 5 DE in the league for years to come. Not saying Poe is like JPP, but you can't teach that raw athleticism.

And great athletes don't always equal great football players.

I like Poes potential. But bases off his play...many had him as the 5th best DT prior to the combine. They even knew then he had those great measureables......

Poe just seems to of rocketed up boards and his football play just doesn't seem to support it

#110 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:57 PM

agreed that it is risky. everyone only remembers the bad workout warriors, but there are a few that have really shown, such as Jason Pierre-Paul. He wasn't amazing in college, but had a great combine, and will be a top 5 DE in the league for years to come. Not saying Poe is like JPP, but you can't teach that raw athleticism.

JPP definitely showed flashes of what he could be in college. Every bit of game video that I have been able to find on Poe shows the same thing....nothing.

#111 DaveThePanther2008

DaveThePanther2008

Gonna live and die as a faithful Panther Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:26 PM

Here is what I like about this mock draft. I think McShay knows every teams need and makes a pretty good case for each player. I personally think McShay is BY FAR one of the best draft analyst in the game. Would we take Jenkins in round 2. It would be insane to let that type of talent to go by.

Since we don't have a 3rd round pick. Those two would be nice to have going into day three of the draft.

#112 cotblock

cotblock

Don't Call Me Junior Member

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:36 PM

JPP definitely showed flashes of what he could be in college. Every bit of game video that I have been able to find on Poe shows the same thing....nothing.

Same here. Would be one thing is he had been double-teamed constantly, but the vids I saw had those awesome guards from Rice and UAB locking him down one-on-one. So much so that I thought, "Are those guards in the draft?"

#113 Donald LaFell

Donald LaFell

SUPPORTER

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:46 PM

BAH! Lavonte David is rising up the draft board for some guys. I want him in the 2nd.