hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,317 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:59 PM

NC population: 9.5 million

LA population: 4.5 million

so despite being more than twice as populous, we have proportionately almost thirty-three percent less of an illiteracy rate than louisiana.

nice try. have you heard that one about liars and statistics?

#17 Who Dat Pat

Who Dat Pat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationWho Dat Nation

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:03 PM

NC population: 9.5 million

LA population: 4.5 million

so despite being more than twice as populous, we have proportionately almost thirty-three percent less of an illiteracy rate than louisiana.

nice try. have you heard that one about liars and statistics?

Use the link, the people under basic literacy rate is 14% vs 16%. On the home page it has an option to compare two states, go do that before you start pointing fingers, it just makes you look dumb. Also, there is a 2% literacy difference, where in the world did you get this 33% figure? I at least link my info and ,ale it verifiable.

#18 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 19,317 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:08 PM

sigh

if there are 878,000 illiterate people in north carolina out of a population of 9.5 million, that's an illiteracy rate of ~9%

if there are 530,000 illiterate people in louisiana out of a population of 4.5 million, that's an illiteracy rate of ~12%

Posted Image

#19 Who Dat Pat

Who Dat Pat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationWho Dat Nation

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:10 PM

LOL, you trust the government's statistics.

You're right, let me takes Phils word for it who is claiming there is a 33% diffiference between the states even though the that is more than twice what to total is to begin with. So I guess that means Louisiana must have -19% illiteracy rate.

#20 88 Bronco

88 Bronco

• HUDDLER
  • 5,901 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:16 PM

I would expect you to trust the government since you used to suckling on that teat.

#21 Who Dat Pat

Who Dat Pat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationWho Dat Nation

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:16 PM

Isn't it doughnut time for you fatty?

sigh

if there are 878,000 illiterate people in north carolina out of a population of 9.5 million, that's an illiteracy rate of ~9%

if there are 530,000 illiterate people in louisiana out of a population of 4.5 million, that's an illiteracy rate of ~12%

The funny thing about it is that you don't take the result of a different population size and plug that result for a different population. NC has 14% and LA had 16%, so use those numbers if you insist on those new population figures. Also. Go to the site I gave you which is the official govt site on illiteracy numbers and you will see the population figures as of last testing was 6.6 mil and 3.5 mil population sizes.

#22 88 Bronco

88 Bronco

• HUDDLER
  • 5,901 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:17 PM

Isn't it doughnut time for you fatty?

#23 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 19,317 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:46 PM

no matter what you say about it, you are more likely to run into an illiterate person in LA than NC. trying to pretend you were anything other than concretely wrong about it utterly discredits anything else you say ever

#24 Who Dat Pat

Who Dat Pat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationWho Dat Nation

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:54 PM

Let see, on one side we have Phil's opinion, on the other side I have hard numbers directly from the govt site on illiteracy, with a link to that site to verify that the numbers I gave where exact numbers calculated out!

I dunno, I kinda leaning towards the concrete verifiable numbers direct from govt, but hey, maybe it's just us dumb Saints fans thing to trust an actual verified number over the feeling and guess of a random rival fan, we're silly like that.

#25 cbarrier90

cbarrier90

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts
  • LocationBoone, NC

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:58 PM

Oh wee, maen...

#26 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 19,317 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:58 PM

those numbers show louisiana with a higher illiteracy rate, which prove your fudged numbers patently false. you tried to display the raw numbers rather than the numbers divided against total population to obtain a percentage.

transparent

#27 Siants My Favrit Taem

Siants My Favrit Taem

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:26 PM

aM sorrey i are not the bes at speillin. I nevever hot no skoolin. I was rayzed off land n swamp lyke am reel man. I pruvidie or miself bi catting gaters and gyant sniiping truttles. Alll i no is i lov the siants an u love the patters. wee bothe loves frotball so why c'ant we git alone. We no has 2 hat each otter. Pleese be mice. Thats all I an swayin

#28 Who Dat Pat

Who Dat Pat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationWho Dat Nation

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:26 PM

Ok this is how math works, my original statement was that there are more illiterate people in NC. Now that you realize that was true, you're trying to say the percentage is more important. Nice of you to finally catch up to my original correct and factual post. As I posted in the third post, there is a 2%.difference between the two states and therefore the two statements are true : NC has a slightly lower PERCENTAGE, but with almost double the population, the number of actual illiterate people in state are almost doubled in NC compared to Louisiana.

All you had to do was click on the link after first post and you would have realized your mistake earlier.

#29 Who Dat Pat

Who Dat Pat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationWho Dat Nation

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:28 PM

aM sorrey i are not the bes at speillin. I nevever hot no skoolin. I was rayzed off land n swamp lyke am reel man. I pruvidie or miself bi catting gaters and gyant sniiping truttles. Alll i no is i lov the siants an u love the patters. wee bothe loves frotball so why c'ant we git alone. We no has 2 hat each otter. Pleese be mice. Thats all I an swayin

I dunt hat yu Phil, we arez perfitley kool!

#30 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 46,993 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:32 PM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.