Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Would You Be Mad At Micheal Floyd At 9?

94 posts in this topic

Posted

I like Floyd's game but it would be a reach. There will be higher rated positions of need at 9.

Posted

Are you telling me someone like Larry Fitzgerald/Calvin Johnson/Andre Johnson is not worth a Top 20 pick? You've got to be fugin kidding me.

Are you telling me someone like Larry Fitzgerald/Calvin Johnson/Andre Johnson is not worth a Top 20 pick? You've got to be fugin kidding me.

All three of those player's teams struggled for years after they were selected. Where as guys like Cruz, Welker, and Colsten had immediate impact and were 7ths and UDFA. There teams lack of sucess was not because of them directly but think of all the positions they had needs at that have more impact on wins/loses. IMO you don't draft WR's in the 1st unless you are a WR away from a championship.

Posted

Who was the last player worth a damn out of Notre Dame?

Posted

Clausen?

2 people like this

Posted

New huddle tip to save yourself some time.

If you have to start a thread with "Would you be mad...."

The answer is always going to be yes.

Posted

I would punch a drunk baby.

Posted

Who was the last player worth a damn out of Notre Dame?

Justin Tuck comes to mind.

Posted

All three of those player's teams struggled for years after they were selected. Where as guys like Cruz, Welker, and Colsten had immediate impact and were 7ths and UDFA. There teams lack of sucess was not because of them directly but think of all the positions they had needs at that have more impact on wins/loses. IMO you don't draft WR's in the 1st unless you are a WR away from a championship.

I mean you really can't compare these guys... btw Fitzgerald team went to the SB and one of the teams he destroyed was us in 08 playoffs... we haven't been the same since. Only Colston had immediate impact coming in but look at his QB and their system. Weak teams have high draft picks, so they draft the best guys. Jerry Rice was drafted in top 20, so was Marvin Harrison

Posted

Fitzgerald caught 103 balls his 2nd year for 1400 yards, Meagtron had 1300 yards and 12 TDs his 2nd year, Andre had 1200 yards year 2.........those guys didn't struggle for years.

Welker did not do squat until he went to NE 4 years into his career.

Posted

NO. I love Floyd!

Bash me all y'all want. Floyd is a knuckle head, but a beast!

But I would not be mad at all.

Anyone could be pick at 9th right now. Not a single prospect has solidify being a sure pick for us. We will not know who or what the panthers will do until draft day.

Posted

I dont think you take an alcoholic WR at #9. So many more options.

Posted

hey you can find WRs at any point in the draft, and there's no rule about where to take them.

Whelp thanks for reading my post.