Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sorenson Wants Wr, Blackmon

116 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Tom Sorenson admits that he won't cry if we take Coples, Poe, or a solid defensive player, but he is hoping that Blackmon slips down, or that we possibly trade up.

Basically he is saying what more than a few people believe: Sometimes you just have to strike while the iron is hot. Anyway...here is the [url="http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2012/03/29/v-print/3137130/blackmon-good-fit-for-carolina.html"]link[/url]. Moreover, he said remember how most of you were down on reaching for Newton...

Posted · Report post

If Blackmon or Claiborne falls.....pick is easy

Posted · Report post

Sorenson is a idiot who only cares about offense.

Posted · Report post

Blackmon or Claiborne falling would be amazing. But which one would fall more than the other? I believe that Blackmon has more of a chance to fall than Claiborne.

Posted · Report post

Why are we the only top 5 offense going crazy over WR?

Well except maybe the Pat's but atleast all their WR are old.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='koolkatluke' timestamp='1333077813' post='1709659']
[/quote]
Offensive league now.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='koolkatluke' timestamp='1333077920' post='1709662']
Why are we the only top 5 offense going crazy over WR?

Well except maybe the Pat's but atleast all their WR are old.
[/quote]
All the others have deeper recieving options...also there stud leading the pack on most is younger than Smitty.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='koolkatluke' timestamp='1333077813' post='1709659']
[/quote]

I wouldn't say that, notwithstanding his last line, but Sorenson is not crazy. How could we really leave Blackmon on the table at 9? Seriously.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='CRA' timestamp='1333078110' post='1709666']
All the others have deeper recieving options...also there stud leading the pack on most is younger than Smitty.
[/quote]

Colston and Henderson really. I love Graham But we match up well with their other weapons.

I'll give you the Pack.

Detriot really only has Megatron.

I'll take #89, Lafell, Gettis, Olson over dertriot's crew.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='top dawg' timestamp='1333078384' post='1709672']
I wouldn't say that, notwithstanding his last line, but Sorenson is not crazy. How could we really leave Blackmon on the table at 9? Seriously.
[/quote]

Yes!!!

We had a top 5 offense adding another Wr won't make us stop people from putting up 485 points. Which is what we gave up last year.

Posted · Report post

Some of you act like if Blackmon or Floyd is here. Were going to score 45 points a game.

Even if that was possible. I don't want to be the team that has to out score everybody.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='koolkatluke' timestamp='1333078486' post='1709673']

Colston and Henderson really. I love Graham But we match up well with their other weapons.

I'll give you the Pack.

Detriot really only has Megatron.

I'll take #89, Lafell, Gettis, Olson over dertriot's crew.
[/quote]

I'd have to take Detriot. Smitty at this stage of his career ain't on Megatrons level. TEs are decent. Other WRs are probably close to to being a wash overall.

I agree on NO though.

I think GB, NE and Det edge us out overall

Posted · Report post

[quote name='koolkatluke' timestamp='1333078799' post='1709682']
Some of you act like if Blackmon or Floyd is here. Were going to score 45 points a game.

Even if that was possible. I don't want to be the team that has to out score everybody.
[/quote]

Cam needs to grow with whoever will be his #1 WR for the bulk of his career.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='CRA' timestamp='1333078891' post='1709685']
I'd have to take Detriot. Smitty at this stage of his career ain't on Megatrons level. TEs are decent. Other WRs are probably close to to being a wash overall.

I agree on NO though.

I think GB, NE and Det edge us out overall
[/quote]

I'll give you Greenbay, NE not really WR but the 2 TE are beast. Other then Megatron I'm not giving you the lions.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='CRA' timestamp='1333079045' post='1709686']
Cam needs to grow with whoever will be his #1 WR for the bulk of his career.
[/quote]

And Again How do you know that is not already on the roster? Lafell and Gettis and Plaris are all young. Sooner or later we have to let people develop

Also Brady and Manning made his wr number 1 maybe Cam can do that 2.

Only QB like Matt Ryan need to have 2 1st round WR to be successful.

Posted · Report post

Verdict is still out if you're gonna include Gettis in the equation... Rookie season he didn't even have a QB, then he got hurt in TC last year, so after this year if u want to include Gettis that's fine... Right now you have Zero grounds to do so. He might be the next Rae Carruth... (cringe)

"You know Rae Rae had to be the stupidest kid to eva' play hide and seek" go hide Rae Rae... "I am hidin... In tha trunk"

LMAO while smh

Posted · Report post

[quote name='TruCatzFan' timestamp='1333079363' post='1709695']
Verdict is still out if you're gonna include Gettis in the equation... Rookie season he didn't even have a QB, then he got hurt in TC last year, so after this year if u want to include Gettis that's fine... Right now you have Zero grounds to do so. He might be the next Rae Carruth... (cringe)

"You know Rae Rae had to be the stupidest kid to eva' play hide and seek" go hide Rae Rae... "I am hidin... In tha trunk"

LMAO while smh
[/quote]
[quote name='TruCatzFan' timestamp='1333079363' post='1709695']

LMAO while smh
[/quote]

Is he on the roster? If so then your whole post is null and void. As long as he's on the roster he's a option.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='koolkatluke' timestamp='1333079122' post='1709689']

I'll give you Greenbay, NE not really WR but the 2 TE are beast. Other then Megatron I'm not giving you the lions.
[/quote]

Other than Smitty who are you giving us? Megatron > Smitty. Can't say the beat us a TE or with the rest of their WR corp.

NE has Welker, Gronk, Hernandez, Brandon Lloyd, Ocho and Branch. They don't have a Smitty but they are rolling deep.

Posted · Report post

I got a Question. Is Denver Wr Demarius Thomas a #1 wr type?

Posted · Report post

Like I said NE got the TE but other then Welker who are you taking over lafell and Gettis right now?

Ocho (did he catch a ball this year) Branch (isn't he older then smith) Loyld (now I like loyld but he's older now to.)

Then The Lions

You Have Megatron and ????????

Posted · Report post

And I want a puppy. Can I have a puppy?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='koolkatluke' timestamp='1333079344' post='1709694']

And Again How do you know that is not already on the roster? Lafell and Gettis and Plaris are all young. Sooner or later we have to let people develop

Also Brady and Manning made his wr number 1 maybe Cam can do that 2.

Only QB like Matt Ryan need to have 2 1st round WR to be successful.
[/quote]

Cam needs 1. Smitty is on the wrong side of his career.

Peyton had Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne. BOTH 1st rounders.

Brady has what maybe the best slot WR in the game, had Moss for his record season, and now has a monster who shattered all the TE records. Brady didn't make those guys....Watch Gronk run over people and tell me that is all Brady

Posted · Report post

Dpantherman wants megamillions $540 million.

Posted · Report post

I agree wholeheartedly eventually we are gonna need to find Cam his new numero uno go to guy. Smith as a second option woul make us a Juggernaut of an offense. The time is NOW. Cam, Gettis, Lafell, Smith, Stew, Dwill, Olsen, Tolbert and ______ ____. Could make us the best offense in the game point blank. Sorry facing facts. Let this be said i believe in building the trenches but we invested high picks there they need to step up. Give them 14 pt leads and see if they can bring some heat.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='CRA' timestamp='1333080084' post='1709708']
Cam needs 1. Smitty is on the wrong side of his career.

Peyton had Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne. BOTH 1st rounders.

Brady has what maybe the best slot WR in the game, had Moss for his record season, and now has a monster who shattered all the TE records. Brady didn't make those guys....Watch Gronk run over people and tell me that is all Brady
[/quote]

Brady won "superbowlS" with David Givens, Brown, and Branch. He didn't win with Moss.

Reggie Wayne had 76 rec. for 1,051 yards with 4td his 1st 2 seasons

Brandon Lafell has 74 rec. for 1,081 yards and 4td his 1st 2 seasons

One was playing with Manning and the other well you know.

What next??