#91 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,569 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:55 PM

Lafell has better numbers then thomas and they got drafted the same year.

Dude. Seriously. Thomas was hurt, and then when he came back he had to play with The Golden Calf of Bristol. Let's get real. Tell me now, right now, that notwithstanding injury, that you believe LaFell is gonna have overall better stats---or even a greater impact---than Thomas this coming season. If you believe that, I got some waterfront property to sell you (sight unseen, of course) in Florida.

#92 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:57 PM

The expert tell me this and that i cannot watch games for myself.

#93 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 7,569 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 04:00 PM

Posted Image

#94 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 30 March 2012 - 04:02 PM

So you make excuses for thomas but lafell playing on a lame duck team his 1st year.and being the 4th or 5th option his next year still. Having better numbers doesn t work for you.

#95 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,963 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 04:08 PM

Having better numbers doesn t work for you.

Actually, Thomas has better numbers......if going off when they play in games. He has more yards and TDs per game. More TDs even ignoring the fact he has played in less games.

#96 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 7,569 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 04:14 PM

In my estimation, it doesn't warrant me saying that LaFell > Thomas now, or in the future. But who knows? I don't really care about Thomas and don't really see how he is relevant to the conversation. Your logic here is nebulous at best because comparing the two situations is akin to comparing apples to oranges. For like the 4th time, I think LaFell has potential. How much, I don't know. But at this point his play---regardless of consequences---doesn't warrant leaving Blackmon on the table.

#97 Stroupe-a-loop

Stroupe-a-loop

SeƱor Member

• HUDDLER
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 04:28 PM

I feel like the elite players in this draft not already spoken for (Griffin, Luck) are Kalil, Blackmon, Claiborne, and Richardson. If we land one at 9 or trade up, I'll be happy about the pick (I will be kind of confused if we get Richardson though). They are just better than the rest of the draft.

#98 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 5,404 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 04:34 PM

He referenced Hogan in there a couple times as well. Im definitely with him on that, i believe Hogan is gonna be a great player. Thats why im not to worried if we dont some how managed to get Claiborne because i think Hogan will be a solid starter dont know about being a franchise number one corner yet but definitely a solid number 2 playmaker at least.

#99 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:23 PM

Even after two years, NFL pundits and experts are talking down about our WR corps. (minus Smitty). Even some people on the Huddle still refer to LaFell as LaFail. LaFell has had TWO years to not only quell this talk, but cement himself as the number two guy, or even the heir apparent number one. He even gave way to None, err Naane, for the Lion's share of the season. That doesn't exactly ring of endorsements. Hogan has been convalescing his restructured knee and hasn't played in a whole football game, but to this day there are still more than a few experts, writers, coaches and fans who believe and/or "Know" that Hogan is an NFL caliber-starting CB. Even if I give LaFell the nod and say that he is less of a question at WR than Hogan is at CB, the fact that LaFell is still a question at all should tell you something.

You seem to be arguing which one of them is better which wasn't the original argument. Right now Lafell is a good number 2/3 WR. That is supported by his play his first two seasons. Hogan having the potential to be a starter doesn't change the fact that he has played in 3 games and is a much bigger mystery than Lafell.

#100 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 7,569 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:48 PM

You seem to be arguing which one of them is better which wasn't the original argument. Right now Lafell is a good number 2/3 WR. That is supported by his play his first two seasons. Hogan having the potential to be a starter doesn't change the fact that he has played in 3 games and is a much bigger mystery than Lafell.

My argument was about each guy's potential at their respective positions (and their relevant value in reference to the team, to break it down even further).

Next you'll be telling me that just because Blackmon hasn't played a snap in the NFL and Lafell has two seasons under his belt, than Blackmon is more of a mystery than LaFell at WR. I suppose that Andrew Luck is more of a mystery at QB than Jake Locker, Blaine Gabbert or Andy Dalton. College careers do stand for something. Sometimes eyes don't lie.

In any event, it's all just opinion.

#101 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:35 PM

My argument was about each guy's potential at their respective positions (and their relevant value in reference to the team, to break it down even further).

Next you'll be telling me that just because Blackmon hasn't played a snap in the NFL and Lafell has two seasons under his belt, than Blackmon is more of a mystery than LaFell at WR. I suppose that Andrew Luck is more of a mystery at QB than Jake Locker, Blaine Gabbert or Andy Dalton. College careers do stand for something. Sometimes eyes don't lie.

In any event, it's all just opinion.

Well considering all those things are true. Lafell as I said is a good 2/3 WR. What exactly can you say for a fact about Blackmon besides his potential?

#102 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 7,569 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:44 PM

Potential means a lot, especially when it comes to WRs who probably have the least learning curve in reference to transitioning from college to the pros. A beast of a WR in college translates well into the NFL, and even the marginally good ones in college don't bust.
Blackmon is a first round talent. How can you possibly argue anything different? LaFell, so far, has been exactly what he is supposed to be, but not what some hoped that he would be.

#103 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:36 PM

Potential means a lot, especially when it comes to WRs who probably have the least learning curve in reference to transitioning from college to the pros. A beast of a WR in college translates well into the NFL, and even the marginally good ones in college don't bust.
Blackmon is a first round talent. How can you possibly argue anything different? LaFell, so far, has been exactly what he is supposed to be, but not what some hoped that he would be.

Where did I argue different? Lafell being exactly what he is supposed to be just proves my point, he isn't a mystery.

#104 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 31 March 2012 - 01:04 AM

Wr having the least learning curve are you serious ? How long have you been watching football? Oh and to help you out rb and guards have the least learning curve.

#105 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 7,569 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 04:32 AM

Where did I argue different? Lafell being exactly what he is supposed to be just proves my point, he isn't a mystery.

The mystery is whether he has the skill set/upside that would make us roll the dice and pass on Blackmon, if Blackmon were available at number 9. This is where the whole argument really began.

Wr having the least learning curve are you serious ? How long have you been watching football? Oh and to help you out rb and guards have the least learning curve.

OK, whatever you say coach. Run a crisp route, and catch the ball. You know exactly where you are going every time, and sometimes you may even have to worry about a pass rusher, stunts, and everything else that the O-line and RBs have to consume themselves with, lest their QB end up on his ass. Not to mention that at many times, RBs and TEs do great impressions of a WR as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com