#106 Hairless Cat

Hairless Cat

Thread Diddler

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,356 posts
  • LocationShotgun Shack

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:19 AM

Of course the Panthers need defense more than they need offense. Because Brandon Hogan, a fourth-round pick out of West Virginia last year, has the talent to start this season opposite Chris Gamble at cornerback, they especially need a defensive tackle and a defensive end.

Im glad someone other than me thinks we dont need another cb with Hogan waiting in the wings

#107 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 31 March 2012 - 05:03 PM

Do you know what a route tree is and how long it takes to learn. Or how you have to be inches with your cuts or going in and out of breaks. Not to mention learning how to get off the line of scrimage beating a zone know all the 100ths of coverages a defense has or even hot reads and audbles. You have to learn before just catching a ball. Do you even watch football?

#108 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 7,172 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 31 March 2012 - 05:08 PM

Do you know what a route tree is and how long it takes to learn. Or how you have to be inches with your cuts or going in and out of breaks. Not to mention learning how to get off the line of scrimage beating a zone know all the 100ths of coverages a defense has or even hot reads and audbles. You have to learn before just catching a ball. Do you even watch football?

Nah, I don't watch it. Didn't play DE or TE when I was a kid either.

#109 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 31 March 2012 - 05:41 PM

I believe that.

#110 2plankingpanther

2plankingpanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,887 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 06:27 PM

Tom Sorensen is a dumbass.

yep especially when he said rastling and the putput championship was bigger and more awesome then the Canes winning the Stanley Cup!

#111 2plankingpanther

2plankingpanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,887 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 06:30 PM

Potential means a lot, especially when it comes to WRs who probably have the least learning curve in reference to transitioning from college to the pros. A beast of a WR in college translates well into the NFL, and even the marginally good ones in college don't bust.
Blackmon is a first round talent. How can you possibly argue anything different? LaFell, so far, has been exactly what he is supposed to be, but not what some hoped that he would be.

What about Dwayne Jarrett and Ray ray Curuth,they didn't pan out but were great in college!

#112 raleigh-panther

raleigh-panther

• HUDDLER
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 06:37 PM

Blackmon won't be there at 9.

If it is felt he is close to Johnson in ability, then the Panthers should go get him unless there is some raising player in 2013 draft they are in love with.

We have no WRs on this team, save Steve Smith, that comes close to Blackmon...not even in the same discussion.

If they want to trade up and get him, I would not have a problem with it, not that my opinion matters.

#113 I am Hubby

I am Hubby

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 31 March 2012 - 06:42 PM

Like I said NE got the TE but other then Welker who are you taking over lafell and Gettis right now?

Ocho (did he catch a ball this year) Branch (isn't he older then smith) Loyld (now I like loyld but he's older now to.)

Then The Lions

You Have Megatron and ????????

TE Pettigrew
WR Burleson
WR Young

Those three combined for over 2100 yards. So I would say the Lions are just fine thank you.

#114 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 31 March 2012 - 06:44 PM

All this before the dude has caught a pass in the pro. But now nobody has his skill [ beside smith] is in his catagory. How many people said that about victor cruz.

#115 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 7,172 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 31 March 2012 - 06:51 PM

What about Dwayne Jarrett and Ray ray Curuth,they didn't pan out but were great in college!

As you already know, there are exceptions to every rule. Moreover, you are comparing apples to oranges. Blackmon, by most accounts, is the top WR in the nation. His stats, hands and strength really are not a question. Jarrett was lazy, and Carruth was reprobate. In other words, they weren't too bright. Neither one was as talented or "great" as Blackmon. They just weren't.

#116 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 31 March 2012 - 06:57 PM

This years. And there will be another. Next year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com