30 replies to this topic

#16 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:28 PM

To me Kuechly is the ultimate "safe" pick. If you have unresolvable concerns about a Coples or Poe you go with Kuechly and know he will be starting for the rest of his rookie contract. I don't think he's on a Patrick Willis level however.

#17 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,449 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:19 PM

There are no "safe" picks in NFL.

#18 Zithers

Zithers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:52 PM

they wouldn't list janoris jenkins. everyone prob interviewed him at the combine. i know melvin ingram said he talked to every team.

i'm assuming this is just a list of confirmed post-combine stuff.

#19 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,313 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:52 PM

And hosley lol

#20 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,545 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:54 PM

To me Kuechly is the ultimate "safe" pick. If you have unresolvable concerns about a Coples or Poe you go with Kuechly and know he will be starting for the rest of his rookie contract. I don't think he's on a Patrick Willis level however.

didnt mean to pie you, but if he is not as good as Willis than why should this team take him higher than Willis?

#21 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,791 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:10 PM

I find it intriguing that LSU CB Morris Claiborne hasn't visited the Bucs...At least from what PFT says.

#22 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,403 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:58 PM

I find it intriguing that LSU CB Morris Claiborne hasn't visited the Bucs...At least from what PFT says.

I'm pretty sure their DB coach would know anything and everything about him.

#23 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,791 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:21 PM

I'm pretty sure their DB coach would know anything and everything about him.

....ok

#24 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:35 PM

didnt mean to pie you, but if he is not as good as Willis than why should this team take him higher than Willis?

Kuechly is 2" taller, 2lb heavier
Kuechly ran a 4.58, Willis was 4.51
Kuechly had a 38" Vertical, Willis was 39"
Kuechly had 23 reps on the bench, Willis has 22

So we are talking about two very similar players. Willis is a little more explosive and has proven himself at the next level. Going into the draft he was known as a sure thing just like Kuechly. At the time there was the inflated rookie wages and many of those top ten guys were QB/DE/WR/OT. Positions that commanded that kind of money. I can promise you 6 of the 10 teams that passed on Willis regret it to this day. In the end we are talking about two draft positions. Kuechly to me is a sure fire pro bowler. Willis is on a path to the Hall of Fame.

#25 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:36 PM

I really hope Tampa drafts Richardson. I feel like we can beat up a running back. A good defense could make Cam miserable.

#26 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,559 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:43 PM

I really hope Tampa drafts Richardson. I feel like we can beat up a running back. A good defense could make Cam miserable.

If Richardson is there TB will take him. Honesty Richardson will make them better as well and we will have our hands full if we cant stop anyone up the middle like last year. Dude is the next Peterson.

#27 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,545 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:51 PM

Kuechly is 2" taller, 2lb heavier
Kuechly ran a 4.58, Willis was 4.51
Kuechly had a 38" Vertical, Willis was 39"
Kuechly had 23 reps on the bench, Willis has 22

So we are talking about two very similar players. Willis is a little more explosive and has proven himself at the next level. Going into the draft he was known as a sure thing just like Kuechly. At the time there was the inflated rookie wages and many of those top ten guys were QB/DE/WR/OT. Positions that commanded that kind of money. I can promise you 6 of the 10 teams that passed on Willis regret it to this day. In the end we are talking about two draft positions. Kuechly to me is a sure fire pro bowler. Willis is on a path to the Hall of Fame.

i just dont see the comparison other than combine numbers. and one thing people forget is San Fran DL is hell. that plays a major role in Willis getting his tackles and no matter how good your LBs are if the opposing OL is getting up to them. Build upfront first and it will make every other level better. spending 3 first rounders in 10 years on a position is not a good way to build through the draft.

#28 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:58 PM

Those big space eaters you're talking about are traditionally available late 1st round. I'd be happy to trade down and pick one up.

#29 Mage

Mage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:52 PM

Maybe because this is a completely new draft.

Floyd isn't as good as Moss was. Why should we take him higher than he went?

#30 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,545 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:55 AM

Maybe because this is a completely new draft.

Floyd isn't as good as Moss was. Why should we take him higher than he went?

or maybe because LBs that havent shown the ability to get after the QB dont go high. and the only reason why Moss dropped was because of his Character concerns dude.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: NFL Draft 2012, PFT, Carolina Panthers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com