Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

Rumor: Mike Goodson Traded To The Raiders?

• Please log in to reply
183 replies to this topic

#151 cotblock

cotblock

Don't Call Me Junior Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  • Location34.887133,-81.00769

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:05 PM

Must be something. I'm sure he will be gone if he doesn't change, and you never know it might just be the Raiders...

Not sure I could get excited about playing for the Raiders. Could be he just needs people around him to show him how to be a pro. As for expectations, I have the same for him as I had for Goodson...zero.

#152 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,839 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:15 PM

So does this mean we will be changing the 'Shotgun' formation to the 'Boomstick' formation?

I like the trade. Those that say he's lazy, well maybe a change of scenery and the incentive of playing for a team that is on the rise will light a fire under him. Either that or Rivera will.

#153 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,964 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:18 PM

Zero risk to this move.

We were cutting Goodson...and were able to take a flyer on an OLineman with great measurables but an underachiever.

If he does not make it out of camp....no biggie.

#154 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 2,420 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:18 PM

I remember several mock drafts had the Raiders taking Bruce Campbell in the top 10 a couple years ago.. he is a huge guy and very athletic. Otah insurance for sure. And could compete at OG if Otah is healthy again.

#155 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,662 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:22 PM

This guy is a fuging monster and he's in shape too. Whoever compared him to Duke Robinson....hah, nothing a like. If they can get this guy motivated and get his technique corrected he could be dominant. As he is right now, nothing more than depth, but he has huge upside.

#156 KDawg004

KDawg004

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:23 PM

The Raiders are a mess. I'll form an opinion on what he does in Carolina. I trust Rivera and Matsko. Kid has a lot of potential. Not to mention it opens up our draft options on defense.

#157 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 7,347 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:25 PM

I was referring to the players in raiders past (fast, unproductive, and overrated) and to what Goodson will probably become with them (fast and unproductive). There is no evidence in his tenure with us that he will be anything but that. And he really didn't show that he will be unproductive in the future either. But rather, and get this, it's just my guess!

I know what you were getting at, but there is enough of a sampling of Goodson as a Panther---even as a starter---that is indicative of the fact that he can be very productive on the Raiders or anywhere else if given the opportunity. If nothing else, he is an excellent role-player and complementary back that may fill a need behind the oft-injured McFadden. Moreover, Al Davis is pushing up daisies, the raiders have a new regime with a GM that by all accounts knows something about football (certainly more than you and me).

#158 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,375 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:26 PM

This guy is a fuging monster and he's in shape too. Whoever compared him to Duke Robinson....hah, nothing a like. If they can get this guy motivated and get his technique corrected he could be dominant. As he is right now, nothing more than depth, but he has huge upside.

Sure he and Duke Robinson are alike. On paper, they both should dominate ....they have the physical tools (that doesn't mean they have to have the same physique). Neither have shown to give a poo about football.....and that means they suck balls as NFL players.

this

If they can get this guy motivated and get his technique corrected he could be dominant

could of been said about Duke as well.

#159 Murph

Murph

Joe Cool

• HUDDLER
  • 3,900 posts
  • LocationRound about here

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:27 PM

Considering we normally keep 4 backs on the roster, Josh Vaughan has to be feeling better right now.

#160 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,662 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:29 PM

Duke was a lazy fat fug who was so fat he eventually ended up on the Pup list. This dude Campbell is a physical specimen.

#161 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 7,347 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:32 PM

Considering we normally keep 4 backs on the roster, Josh Vaughan has to be feeling better right now.

Yeah, you think? But I am still wondering how he got the nod over Tyrrell Sutton. I suppose the coaches know better.

#162 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,375 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:34 PM

Duke was a lazy fat fug who was so fat he eventually ended up on the Pup list. This dude Campbell is a physical specimen.

you are too focused with there beach bodies. means nothing when talking about lineman.

Bruce is a lazy not fat fug who ALSO was on the PUP list. Neither gave a poo. Same type players...

#163 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,835 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:34 PM

I think we gonna draft scatback. Goodson was the closes thing to scatback and now he's gone.

#164 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,961 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 30 March 2012 - 04:52 PM

Yes I hope so. I'd be happy with a 6th

#165 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,961 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 30 March 2012 - 04:55 PM

Damn well I'm happy with Bruce Campbell. Liked him when he came out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com