Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

Rumor: Mike Goodson Traded To The Raiders?

• Please log in to reply
183 replies to this topic

#166 rainwater

rainwater

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:02 PM

Interesting considering how high the organization seems to be on Bell.

The Huddle is high on him. I think the Panthers aren't so much given his limitations. But it is a great story I guess.

#167 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,889 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:23 PM

Shouldn't somebody take "rumor" out of the thread title now?

#168 The Special One

The Special One

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:54 PM

Solid football move by Hurney. Getting Bruce Campbell is better than a low round pick since we would have prob used that pick on a O-lineman anyway. Campbell has been in the league for 2 years and has 14 games under his belt and still has a considerable upside.

#169 ladypanther

ladypanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,250 posts
  • LocationWNC

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:19 PM

Can't believe the complaining by some. Always lots of of criticism of the FO when a player leaves and the Panthers got nothing for him. Goodson was on the chopping block. The fact we got anything for him is pretty amazing.

A change of scenery is good for some players. Rivera and co have a rep has good teachers and developers of young talent. Campbell has a chance at a fresh start. If he has any pro potential....I trust Rivera, et al, will get it out of him. If it turns out he does not....Panthers really lose nothing. If the guy makes the team...a bonus. If he becomes a contributer ....a steal.

A no lose situation here.

Welcome to the Carolinas Campbell. Best wishes to Goodson. Hope the left coast is good for him.

#170 The Special One

The Special One

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:27 PM

Hurney needs to start making some calls and finding out what can we get for Jimmy Clausen. Besides a sock full of popcorn that is.

#171 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 6,742 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:51 PM

Hurney needs to start making some calls and finding out what can we get for Jimmy Clausen. Besides a jar full of pickles.

Fixed.

#172 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 11,974 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:15 PM

The fact that you have to resort to pulling college videos of him to find a highlight reel kind of speaks for itself though doesn't it?

Not really. How many years has he been in the league? 1? 2? And I doubt he has been given much chance to start. Not much to work with on him from the NFL. I'd love to see an NFL highlight film on Goodsen. It would be about 5 minutes of fumbles.

#173 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 11,974 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:17 PM

Can't believe the complaining by some. Always lots of of criticism of the FO when a player leaves and the Panthers got nothing for him. Goodson was on the chopping block. The fact we got anything for him is pretty amazing.

A change of scenery is good for some players. Rivera and co have a rep has good teachers and developers of young talent. Campbell has a chance at a fresh start. If he has any pro potential....I trust Rivera, et al, will get it out of him. If it turns out he does not....Panthers really lose nothing. If the guy makes the team...a bonus. If he becomes a contributer ....a steal.

Welcome to the Carolinas Campbell. Best wishes to Goodson. Hope the left coast is good for him.

you just can't make people happy. They are never satisfied because they have no clue how the NFL/Life works. All they know is that fantasy bullshit and Madden

#174 Brandon

Brandon

Everything and Nothing

• HUDDLER
  • 2,296 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:44 PM

I was about to post exactly this. Seriously just yesterday these people were saying "Hurney never gets value out of players before they leave", now he goes out and gets a project lineman who could end up being a quality player and so many people are up in arms that we traded for him. Silly.

#175 TNPanther

TNPanther

Jimmie Rustler

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:02 PM

If there's one thing Hurney does well, it's non-draft day trades.

Notice I said non-draft day.

#176 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 17,321 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:26 PM

I love this. Assuming he isn't horrible we just negated the need to worry about the offensive line in the draft. Looks to be a fantastic move by hurney, well done.

no we did not.

#177 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

• HUDDLER
  • 12,527 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:57 PM

Bummed that Goodson could never cure his case of fumbleitis.

#178 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 10,402 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 31 March 2012 - 12:05 AM

6 career fumbles

And that's all anyone remembers.

#179 Smitty Is Our Savior

Smitty Is Our Savior

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,681 posts
  • LocationUNC Chapel Hill & Wilmington

Posted 31 March 2012 - 12:22 AM

Goodson was better than yall are crediting him for. Sure, he fumbled a few times, but nobody hates, say, Steve because of that stupid fumbled he had last season while "showboating".

Goodson did well with the time he had. Every young player has problems with something, and it takes playing time to get over that thing.

#180 rainwater

rainwater

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 04:04 AM

Goodson was better than yall are crediting him for. Sure, he fumbled a few times, but nobody hates, say, Steve because of that stupid fumbled he had last season while "showboating".

Goodson did well with the time he had. Every young player has problems with something, and it takes playing time to get over that thing.

He would never get much playing time with the Panthers because of who is in front of him. And I don't see him doing that great elsewhere either. He's an average RB at best.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.