Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mj Planning Exit Strategy If Team Doesn't Turn It Around

53 posts in this topic

Posted

Here's my problem with that article: if anything, the Bobcats are in a much better place (in terms of building a legitimately good team) right now than they were at this point last season. They have fewer long term contracts, more promising young players, and a top 4 pick in a good draft to look forward to. The article said "They Are So Terrible They Cannot Get Good Return on a Firesale" but really, the team already had its fire sale- it moved Jackson and Wallace for picks and dumped Tyson Chandler for cap space. It is correct when it says "Moving forward, the team isn’t able to just press the reset button" because the team already hit the reset button. The front office could have gone out once the lockout ended and spent money on someone like Sam Dalembert to make the team a little bit competitive, but they chose to save the money and suck hard instead.

Honestly, the team was in "hell" at the beginning of last season. They had just made the playoffs and been swept out in the 1st round with an aging team, and to keep those players together it would have put the payroll into the luxury tax (lol). What they had was a team good enough to make the playoffs, but not good enough to actually win playoff games, and no room to improve the team since they had no money (and aging players on long-term deals) and draft picks in the middle of the 1st round- that is hell in the NBA.

At least now there is a light at the end of the tunnel (top 5 picks), slim though it may be

Posted

I love it!

It's just a matter of time before this awful franchise is gone!

Posted

Did KT really compare the Bobcats to the Golden State Warriors lol

Posted

I didnt compare them, just stated obvious fact, the fans of Golden State are 10 times better and more loyal than fans of Charlotte sports.

Posted

To be honest, I don't blame him..

Posted

Of course they'd have loyal fans, their product is vastly superiors to ours and always has been.

Posted

Lmao. Bobs have been more competitive and won more games than them the past 4 years. The Warriors also went thru an ownership change during that time. Believe it or not, not all NBA fanbases are dependent on frontrunners and whine and cheesers. There are teams who have fans that are rabid about bball even when their team isnt winning.

By the way, MJ came out today and said this story is 100% bogus. Look how quickly fans "give up". Lmao.

Posted

I wish we could trade golden states fans for ours. True bball fans who support their team no matter what. Win or lose Orco sells out.

Easy, move to SF...

Posted

Of course they'd have loyal fans, their product is vastly superiors to ours and always has been.

Really? I guess this is their way of celebrating years of success

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q51DWxHiI_8

Posted

Yeah, I get tired of the brow beating I've gotten at times on different Bobcats boards, and even here regarding the Panthers for voicing my displeasure with certain moves (letting Pep walk for nothing, for instance, or us trading for Dampier). As I've said a million times, I am a fan through thick and thin. I've put money towards these franchises, they are my teams. Always have been and always will be. I'm bound to our hometeams.

So, when I see something I don't like or don't agree with, I'm gonna speak on it. If anything, it shows I'm more passionate than most fans. Just as you see with that Warriors video... Wow. One thing I've never done is gone to the games and booed our organization or anyone associated with it. It still doesn't mean they're less of fans, it just shows how much they love their team... But that was rough to watch.

Posted

Btw...

MJ squashes the rumor. I'm glad he did. Despite our flubs in the past and my pessimism at times, I've been an MJ fan my entire life and I want this franchise to turn the corner with him at the helm. I was one of the fans that wanted him to win the bid over the guy from Houston, so I want him to be the guy who makes us a winner (and I want him to shut all the people up who say he isn't a good executive).

Posted

You all need to get over this ridiculous name thing and a change will make things OK. You may have noticed the Dodgers just sold for 2 Billion, the "Dodger" name refers to dodging trolleys in Brooklyn. Then there are the Lakers, Minnesota, lakes. you get it right? The name means shiz and has no relevance to Los Angeles or to merchandise sales. It's the product on the field or court that matters.

I'm not concerned with the name at all. Just acknowledging that most of Charlotte is, and also that every other major professional team in NC uses "Carolina" instead of "Raleigh" or "Charlotte", so it'd probably be a good idea for the NBA team to, also.