jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,292 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 01 April 2012 - 11:33 AM

Posted Image

The excitement from Dontari Poe’s phenomenal Scouting Combine performance is starting to fade in the eyes of many league observers, who are turning their attention back to Poe’s tape — and not liking what they’re seeing.
Poe, the Memphis defensive tackle who took the Combine by storm by running a 4.87-second 40-yard dash at 346 pounds and bench-pressing 225 pounds 44 times, does not impress many of those who have watched him play.
He’ll be overdrafted,” one personnel man told the Times of Trenton. “He did all of that at the Combine, so some team will take him way higher than he should go. I mean watch him play, just watch. He didn’t do anything. And he wasn’t playing at a very high level, either. All I know is he had one sack last year and it came against Austin Peay. You probably didn’t even know Austin Peay had a football team.”
When Poe announced in December that he was entering the NFL draft, he said he’d been told he projected as a second-rounder who could move into the first round with a good Combine. Poe didn’t have a good Combine — he had a great Combine — and he started being discussed as a Top 5 pick.
So those who watched him bench press and run 40 yards in a straight line are more impressed than those who watched him play football. That’s not a good sign.

Do not want. If we HAVE to take a DT then take a Jerel Worthy or Brandon Thompson in the 2nd.
http://profootballta...nt-do-anything/

This post has been promoted to an article

#2 Ken

Ken

Triple Threat

• HUDDLER
  • 3,361 posts
  • Locationnyc

Posted 01 April 2012 - 11:38 AM

Nothing new here for me. Despite his great combine, I was never impressed by Poe.

#3 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,912 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 11:44 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if they don't even have him come in for an interview....

He isn't a top draft pick. He is the type guy Carolina would draft in the 2nd to continue their horrible track record.

Rather have Brandon thompson over him. Better football player.....and will be drafted where he should go....2nd round

#4 Black

Black

Don't Make Me Get Money and Platinumize My Body

• HUDDLER
  • 2,318 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 01 April 2012 - 11:45 AM

Yeah, I was definitely on the Poewagon after the combine, but I've been less and less into him as the days go by.

#5 jayflip

jayflip

vaya con dios

• HUDDLER
  • 2,615 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 01 April 2012 - 11:48 AM

Though I'll be the first to admit that reading mock drafts is stupid and that they're all "educated" crapshoots that are wildly inaccurate and biased towards an "author's" opinion instead of based on 32 different opinions and team personalities... I love reading mock drafts on-line to tithe me over until draft day.

I'm so upset at the number of mocks that have us picking Poe at 9. Give me some variety, please! Poe at 9 would be a monumental mistake. And before any Poe supporters out there use the non-argument about Cam last year and the gamble associated with picking him, they are on two totally different levels when it comes to game tape and individual success leading to team success.

Just say no to Poe.

#6 Jesse

Jesse

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 01 April 2012 - 11:51 AM

If you can't produce in C-USA, how the hell are you going to produce in the NFL?

#7 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• HUDDLER
  • 5,079 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 01 April 2012 - 11:58 AM

Yeah, at least Cam did his thing with a less than dominant Auburn team that went undefeated and won a national title out of the SEC.

#8 Sam Mills Fan

Sam Mills Fan

The Truth Sometimes Hurts

• HUDDLER
  • 5,715 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 12:02 PM

Just like with Cam early on, I was basically the only one that didn't want Poe even after the combine. I'm right yet again. Bow before me. Poe is another Bruce Campbell...workout warrior who is lazy on the field and eventually gets traded for 4th string running backs.

#9 Gallagher

Gallagher

Never Doubt Davis

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,230 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 01 April 2012 - 12:03 PM

Yeah, I was definitely on the Poewagon after the combine, but I've been less and less into him as the days go by.

Same here. I'm very much on the Dre Kirkpatrick in the first and Thompson/Worthy in the second wagon now.

#10 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,718 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 12:19 PM

On NFL network, the lumped Coples and Poe together, neither getting a top 10 grade.

#11 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,292 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 01 April 2012 - 12:20 PM

I wish we could just fuging trade down.

#12 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 4,479 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 12:21 PM

Coples is the guy i want if we go defense. Castro if we go offense. Assuming Claiborne and Blackmon are gone.

#13 ddowney25

ddowney25

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 12:22 PM

Work out warrior, I'm not sure who I want at 9 but I'd rather not have Poe.

#14 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,425 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 12:45 PM

If your going to draft on combine draft Brockers. He has a whole lot more upside and thats what scouts are seeing.

#15 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 18,780 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 01 April 2012 - 12:55 PM

I'm not convinced we need a defensive tackle in the first round, or even the second.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.