Photo
- - - - -

Wide Receiver

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
69 replies to this topic

#11 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

Keep Pounding...all the way to...the draft! :D

SUPPORTER

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:40 PM

I bet if Braylon doesn't sign with anyone soon, he will take anything thrown at him. That's when the Panthers can nab him dirt cheap. I know a lot of folks are down on him for his 'drops', which he has fixed through the years. I know he's 29, coach chudzinski and Cam (mostly cam though) would revitalize his career. I wouldn't mind it if he takes the minimal amount.

#12 Keep Pounding

Keep Pounding

Smith & Wesson 460

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:41 PM

Also, LaFell hands are better than B. Edwards by a long shot...

#13 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:48 PM

LA was nothing more than teacher. He helped the young WRs learn the new system. Once LaFell caught on he passed LA on the depth chart.

#14 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

Keep Pounding...all the way to...the draft! :D

SUPPORTER

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:48 PM

Also, LaFell hands our better than B. Edwards by a long shot...

I don't know about that.. Edwards wasn't on the field much last year. You can't really compare them.

#15 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

HUDDLER

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:53 PM

The "couldn't beat out Naanee" argument is not really a solid argument. You need to go back and research quotes from Rivera and Hurney about exactly why Legs was brought in and why he was starting and seeing a lot of the field.

I'll save you a little time and let you in on the basics. It had ever little, if any, to do with his actual skill and ability as a receiver and everything to do with familiarity with the offense. It was stated on more than one occasion that Legs was helping, not only Cam, but everyone in the huddle and at the line to make sure everyone knew the play being run and that they were properly placed, etc.

#16 Ken

Ken

Triple Threat

HUDDLER

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:57 PM

If our defense didn't suck balls I think WR would be a higher priority on our lists of needs. So as a result we have to see how Lafell/Gettis/Pilares develop.
If we manage to improve our defense this year, I do envision us taking a WR with the 1st pick next year.
I think we draft a WR this draft but more for PR/KR.
On Braylon, I would be happy if he came for a 1 yr minimum high incentive contract.

#17 ClarkCam

ClarkCam

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 01 April 2012 - 07:09 PM

I didn't realize so many people were that high on Lafell.... When I saw him in the game, he did not get that many targets. There were multiple games that Naanee and Lafell both had around equal time (they split near the end of the season, Lafell never passed Naanee. Lafell started in front of Naanee the last few games due to injury), and Naanee continued to get more targets. I just don't think Lafell gets the separation that an elite WR needs. I see him do most of his damage in zone coverage (sometimes in man when shear size takes over). The reason I like Braylon as a cheap option for this upcoming season, is because Braylon can get more separation, and if Lafell does end up performing better than Braylon, great. I'm rooting for him. Then you can sit Braylon because we didn't pay him much to begin with. Hopefully you are guys are right on Lafell's potential. I just didn't see it. He had less receptions this season than with Clausen.

#18 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

HUDDLER

Posted 01 April 2012 - 07:10 PM

I say NO to Quick. There's no way we draft another player from APP, and I'm a huge fan of APP.

I think there's a possibility for Wright but we have huge needs on Defense.

Best chance is signing Braylon when we clear Wharton's cap in June I think. Braylon had his best season with Chud so there's some connection there.

#19 Keep Pounding

Keep Pounding

Smith & Wesson 460

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 01 April 2012 - 07:12 PM

I don't know about that.. Edwards wasn't on the field much last year. You can't really compare them.

from 08-2010 Edwards has like a 14% drop rate, I think we ranked in the low 40's, should have clarified my point a little more...

Lafell had a bad 2010 drop rate around 11% and this past year under 6%, so I would say he has improved on his second year, and Edwards has had 14% between 08-10, he didn't really play in 2011....

#20 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

HUDDLER

Posted 01 April 2012 - 07:17 PM

I will say that whoever does end up picking up Quick is going to get themselves a really quality player.