2Nd Best Rookie Performance Last Year

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,958 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:41 PM

easily goes to Thomas Kieser. Kid is kinda a tweener....can't be a starting DE or LB. But with Rivera likely to mix things up we might be a perfect fit for this kid to develop into a great role player here.

In 8 games last year used selectively

4 sacks, 1 INT.

Great teams have guys like this all over the roster. In 8 games with selective use he was tied for 2nd most sacks. I, for one, am looking forward to watching this kid this year. I think it also points to how Hardy, whose strong suit is suppose to be pass rushing.....should be depth more than a starter. Playing across from CJ should make life fairly easy....

#2 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,877 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:42 PM

I liked him more as a DE.

#3 EMSMedic79

EMSMedic79

Member since 2005

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,813 posts
  • LocationOn the Water

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:44 PM

Gotta give props to Pilares on his kick off TD.

#4 CLG

CLG

I'ma Mac, Ur a PC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:44 PM

it was almost funny how often he was in the right place at the right time. I'ma keiser supporter tho! Should be great depth.

#5 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,089 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:45 PM

arguably, but man that pilares KO return was beautiful...

#6 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,958 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:49 PM

it was almost funny how often he was in the right place at the right time. I'ma keiser supporter tho! Should be great depth.

can't explain it...but there are simply guys like that.

#7 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,877 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:53 PM

Y'all talking about this?

I think he could have scored had he cut in and out in the last part of this video..

#8 EMSMedic79

EMSMedic79

Member since 2005

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,813 posts
  • LocationOn the Water

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:58 PM

Y'all talking about this?

http://youtu.be/3keBzhOtknA

I think he could have scored had he cut in and out in the last part of this video..

http://youtu.be/5Mx04TcSCxI

Pie. And yes, that was awesome.

#9 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,687 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:58 PM

I'm going with Bell on this. I know there's some hate on the kid by a few but I think he was more than serviceable. His penalty issues reduced as the season went along and his play improved as well. I mean he started the majority of the games on the right side as an UDFA.

#10 Neylus

Neylus

Limited Edition

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 07:07 PM

Isn't the Dolphin return the one Pilares hurt his hammy on?

#11 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,510 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 07:12 PM

A bit overrated, his sacks are mostly coverage sacks or QB's running in his direction with initial pressure from Cj.

#12 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,877 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 01 April 2012 - 07:16 PM

A bit overrated, his sacks are mostly coverage sacks or QB's running in his direction with initial pressure from Cj.

A sack is a sack, he got it done..

#13 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,958 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 07:17 PM

I'm going with Bell on this. I know there's some hate on the kid by a few but I think he was more than serviceable. His penalty issues reduced as the season went along and his play did as well. I mean he started the majority of the games on the right side as an UDFA.

if our QB wasn't built like a terminator with the agility of a cat......he would have been carted off the field thanks to Bell.

#14 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,687 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 01 April 2012 - 07:20 PM

if our QB wasn't built like a terminator with the agility of a cat......he would have been carted off the field thanks to Bell.

I really don't think so, Bell did exactly what he was supposed to do more often than not, which is to stay in front of his man and allow Cam to be able to step up into the pocket. Cam had a propensity to jump in and then directly back out of the pocket. It's hard for anyone to block for a mobile quarterback. Where as you see Cam's mobility saving him from Bell's play, I see Cam's movement as something that can make it harder on lineman sometimes. That isn't to say that I dislike it.

#15 Keep Pounding

Keep Pounding

Smith & Wesson 460

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts
  • LocationIn your backyard!!!!

Posted 01 April 2012 - 07:20 PM

Yeah but I really think Bell got better as the season went on, also he probably is better suited at he G, position anyways, UDRFA wasn't even suppose to sniff the starting role, and he did his best he could do, we all give Cam the benefit of the doubt, when he struggled do to the lock out, shortened minicamp and Bell didn't have the chance to go to IMG to perfect his craft, we loss 3 or 4 lineman before the season started up until week 2, Year 2, Bell will take someones spot on the line (OTAH) and we will see then.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com