Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

D34Williams

Clausen To Throw At Nd Pro Day

33 posts in this topic

I don't see anything wrong with this.

This is actually smart on Clausen's part.

It is a way to showcase his "talents" before the season.

When WR prospect Michael Floyd works out at the Notre Dame pro day, the football will be launched by a familiar arm — that of former Notre Dame QB Jimmy Clausen.

Floyd is expected to be one of the top receivers taken in the draft this April. He’s got a lot of upside. He’s big and fast, and he’s caught a lot of passes. He was suspended in 2011 after being charged with a DUI, but otherwise he’s what you want in a receiver: he’s big and tall and he’s got really good hands. He should be taken somewhere between No. 10 and No. 17 in the first round.

According to the South Bend Tribune, 16 of Floyd’s 37 touchdown passes were the result of a connection between Clausen and Floyd.

Clausen was selected by the Panthers in the second round of the 2010 NFL Draft. He made 10 starts in the 2010 season, throwing for 1,558 yards and three touchdowns while having nine passes picked off. He did not attempt a pass in 2011.

:cam:

plenty of scouts about to see what floyd can do

clausen's going to try and ride his coat tails and hopefully catch someone's eye who might see some value in him still

LOL. As if Clausen can "launch" a football.

you must nnot have seen how far into the stands he could "launch" it on 3rd down

Wonder if the Panthers have quietly given Clausen permission to seek a trade?

I think Claussen was the backup choice. Originally Ryan Leaf was going to throw but he had a few problems getting his prescription filled before he left for South Bend.

I hope other teams take notice of Clausen enough to warrant some calls for a trade. I honestly wouldn't mind Floyd at #9 either.

Well the RB will have a great day of catching the ball.

I would personally like to see Clausen throw again, especially after working with Chud for a season.

• Topics

• Funny, but the thing I noticed was that he considered himself a fullback---(The Panthers are one of the few teams that used a FB...) when he had never played.  I am sure the Panthers told him that, but I wondered if that was HIS intent. I think this is another "Swiss Army knife" player.  He is a FB with TE experience.  Can he catch?  Can he slide out to a wing or even line up as a TE?  Throw him into an offense that has McCaffrey (who can catch passes) and Samuel (who can run the ball) and these three players are capable of lining up as TE/RB/WR, FB/WR/WR, TE/RB/RB, etc. I am not suggesting that he is going to line up as a TE as Olsen does, but Brockel or even Dickson Hbacking could be in the cards for him.
    • He has fumbled one single time. I don't think he's a lock. However if Fozzie is expendable then of the current guys I suppose he makes it. 
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Evangellic