Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bLACKpANTHER

Am I Wrong For Thinking...

143 posts in this topic

Sadly Hurney overvalues low importance positions like RB and LB so we'll probably move up to get him at 6.

He'll be a "bust" because no matter how good he is you can't justify taking an OLB who can't rush the passer at that spot when we have pressing needs elsewhere.

It would have been like taking Dareus last year.

Sure, he's good, but his impact would have been minimal in the grand scheme of things.

He's an ILB...

1 person likes this

He's an ILB...

He wouldn't be here.

Were people wrong for thinking Cam Newton would be lazy and worthless because he was a black quarterback??

Same logic applies.

He wouldn't be here.

Because he's an ILB? That's what people said about Beason when we drafted him and we had Morgan. What's your point again?

Why does color factor into your speculation of him? It shouldn't be like that for anyone regardless of color or position.

Am I wrong? anyone else feel this way?

I dunno - if someone said a player was going to be bad just because they were black in the face of other successful black players at that position would that be wrong? How about if they said Haruki Nakamura is gonna be terrible becuase he's asian? If I feel like the answers to these questions are one in the same, no different just because he's white.

Take a look at all the "busts" who won the Butkus award, Lombardi award, and Nagurski trophy...

Well if u think like that then its ok to think like this. All blacks love watermelon and chicken. There's nothing wring with that right. Bc like that one dude said its true.

So yeah it's kinda racists just like your statement is as well but I'm the evil honki

People will jump at the chance to call you racist, but I'll be damned if there isn't some truth to white linebackers being less athletic. I can't be racist just for noticing this "trend", right?

Somehow the fact he was faster and more athletic than most of the other black quarterbacks at the combine suggests that kind of thinking is pure racist and BS to boot.

He's an ILB...

He still cant rush the passer and has limited athletic ability. He is basically a younger Dan Connor. Good instincts but slow and has no pass rush skills.

He still cant rush the passer and has limited athletic ability. He is basically a younger Dan Connor. Good instincts but slow and has no pass rush skills.

Limited athletic ability? Slow? That is what the talking heads said BEFORE the combine...and then he proved them wrong.