#31 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,050 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 02 April 2012 - 02:49 PM

Can he play OLB and be white at the same time?

ILB is the white man spot. We're not going to ask him to play that spot though.

You mean like his freshmen year in college when he played OLB and was second in the nation in tackles. Seriously are you going for a reaction or are you trying out for a part as George Jefferson in a remake of the TV show??

#32 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,918 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 02 April 2012 - 02:49 PM

It's facepalm time!

Your first post made me do that a while ago..

#33 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,379 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 02:51 PM

He still cant rush the passer and has limited athletic ability. He is basically a younger Dan Connor. Good instincts but slow and has no pass rush skills.

You don't know anything at all about Kuechly, just admit that you are talking out of your ass already.

#34 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 10,227 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 02:52 PM

Two words: Brian urlacher

#35 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,235 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 02:53 PM

Your first post made me do that a while ago..

Your right brah! I totally forgot that Kuechly played ILB and college! That's totally even what I said, in writing! I'm so glad that it was apparent that people of your low caliber reading label were able to see it and interpret that from it.

Oh. Gee Golly. Except here's the thing. I never Kuechly didn't play the Mike in college. I said he wouldn't play it here.

Well darn tootin, guess there goes that whole bit. Looks like you were too stupid to understand afterall.

#36 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 17,050 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

You guys are sad. Grasping a straws with little or no proof to back it up. Just cause a guy does something well in the combine does not erase whats on tape.

You mean like lead the nation in tackles, win the Butkus award? You seem to be one with no facts to back up your claims. I thought after all the racist BS with Cam last year we were done with that. But to see it reemerge in a reverse racism thread about Kuechly shows we are unfortunately stuck in the same failed dogma.

#37 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 16,273 posts

Ever heard of Urlacher? Zach Thomas? Dan Morgan (when healthy)? You think Sean Lee is panning out to be a bust?

LOL...

#38 Mage

Mage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Dick Butkus was pretty good IMO.

#39 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 16,273 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 02:56 PM

Can he play OLB and be white at the same time?

ILB is the white man spot. We're not going to ask him to play that spot though.

You're assuming Beason will be back 90-100% back by the start of the season then?

#40 Iceberg Slim

Iceberg Slim

Keep it 100

• HUDDLER
  • 2,087 posts
  • Locationwhatcha worried about it for

What the hell kind of thread is this...seriously.....becuase he is white he will be a bust at LB....what the hell does his race have to do with anything, either he can play or not. I believe he can .....wow, I can read comments on the Observer for this kind of crap.....

#41 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,918 posts
  • LocationNC

Your right brah! I totally forgot that Kuechly played ILB and college! That's totally even what I said, in writing! I'm so glad that it was apparent that people of your low caliber reading label were able to see it and interpret that from it.

Oh. Gee Golly. Except here's the thing. I never Kuechly didn't play the Mike in college. I said he wouldn't play it here.

Well darn tootin, guess there goes that whole bit. Looks like you were too stupid to understand afterall.

You try to hard. Seriously. Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit either.

#42 KBRed

KBRed

Scooter Swag

• HUDDLER
  • 3,034 posts

I will trust Rivera being a LB and letting him judge Kuechly by his skills alone...racist asses.

#43 Snake

Snake

Im on the Gus Bus

• HUDDLER
  • 12,231 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 02:57 PM

You don't know anything at all about Kuechly, just admit that you are talking out of your ass already.

:rolleyes:

Luke Kuechly, ILB, Boston College
Height: 6’3″
Weight: 237
Grade: 6.9 (Grading Scale)
Film Room Notes: vs Florida State
Strengths: As instinctive as they come, makes almost every play on the field – Pursues the ball sideline to sideline and is a sound fundamental tackler – Rarely makes a mistake on the field and if he does makes up for it with his constant effort – Sound in pass coverage (played safety in HS) – Good lateral mobility – Keeps his eyes on the QB and truts his reads – Very good size for a middle linebacker – One of the smartest players in the country – Kuechly is like a coach on the field, knows everyones job – Future defensive playcaller and captain – Current team captain and leader.

Weaknesses: Not the best athlete – Can get fooled at times by misdirection – Needs to add 10-15 pounds to his frame -Questions about if he can handle playing inside at the next level.

Dan Connor Scouting Report
Position: ILB Conference: Big10 School: Penn State Nittany Lions Year/Status: Drafted Jersey Number: #40 Height & Weight: 6'3 - 233 lbs.
Drafted 3.11 in 2008 by CAR

2008 NFL Draft Prospect Scouting Report:

Dan Connor, ILB, Penn State

Blue collar. That's the word heard most often when describing Dan Conner. The Penn State Senior linebacker has been nothing short of a tackling machine since the first game of his freshman year. In fact, according to an article by Jeff McLane of the Philadelphia Inquirer, Conner has failed to register at least 5 tackles in only 2 of his 45 career games. Conner even set the record for career tackles at Penn State against Purdue. The best tackler ever at a place referred to as Linebacker U, that's quite a ringing endorsement. Conner led Penn State with 145 tackles this year, helping their team to its stingy 93.8 rushing yards against average per game. He also tallied a season high 18 tackles against Temple in November. Conner however, doesn't just wait for backs to come at him to be tackled. Conner has racked up 15 Tackles for loss this season along with 6.5 sacks, 1 INT, and 6 passes broken up in coverage. He finished his prestigious career with 9 tackles versus Texas A&M in the Alamo Bowl. Conner has experience playing both inside and outside on the linebacking core, both with equally impressive results. Conner is often compared with his old teammate Paul Posluszny, who was drafted by the Buffalo Bills last year. He and Posluszny have a lot of similar skills and both have a nose for the football, always seeming to be in on the tackle. The best news for NFL teams is that Conner is probably a slightly more athletic version of his former teammate. What you get with Conner is a smart, versatile linebacker who never misses a tackle. He is a lock to go in the first round. Dan Connor had a fantastic Senior Bowl. Scouts have questioned his athleticism, but Connor showed he could move during drills. He's got great technique and instincts. Connor also recorded nine tackles and an interception for the North squad. Connor did nothing but prove that he may not look or seem athletic in shorts, but put him in pads and he's as good as any body out there. Dan Connor declined to work out at the NFL Combine, because of nagging injuries from the Senior Bowl. Connor was weighed and measured and reportedly did very well during the interview process. Teams are impressed by his work ethic and his passion for the game. Connor will work out for scouts at Penn State's Pro-Day on March 18. Dan Conner finally got to show off his ability at Penn State's pro day. After missing combine workouts because of injury, Connor put on a show. He ran a 4.67 forty yard dash and a 4.25 second short shuttle. In addition to those drills, Connor registered 21 reps on the bench press, a 35 inch vertical leap, and a 9'7" long jump. Connor has first round talent as a inside or weakside linebacker. He may, however, have to wait until round two to hear his name called.

See the similarities.... Well you prob want but stupidity is something not easily fixed.

#44 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 16,273 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 02:57 PM

Dick Butkus was pretty good IMO.

Yeah, so was Nitschke, Ham, Bednarik... But, it was a different game then. That's why I only listed modern era players.

#45 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 16,273 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 03:00 PM

:rolleyes:
See the similarities.... Well you prob want but stupidity is something not easily fixed.

So you don't think color subconsciously (or sometimes consciously) influences scouts' evaluations on players? You might want to look up comments and observations from the numerous "I'm not racist but..." scouts and pundits from last year. lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com