panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,062 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 02 April 2012 - 03:02 PM

:rolleyes:

See the similarities.... Well you prob want but stupidity is something not easily fixed.

That was written before the combine where he blew everyone away. People didn't realize how fast he was until he ran so quickly and put on 5 lbs of muscle lifting weights for the combine.
So no, those weaknesses are not there. As for Connors, he was not fluid and didn't have good hip flexion to reverse directions and did not have an explosive first step like Kuechly does,

if you knew more about him you would let it rest. You got nothing.

#47 Snake

Snake

Im on the Gus Bus

• HUDDLER
  • 12,236 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 03:04 PM

So you don't think color subconsciously (or sometimes consciously) influences scouts' evaluations on players? You might want to look up comments and observations from the numerous "I'm not racist but..." scouts and pundits from last year. lol

Oh we are talking about Racist? Well they both suck because there white and Connor might be gay cause.... you know what happened a Penn state.

#48 Keep Pounding

Keep Pounding

Smith & Wesson 460

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,795 posts
  • LocationIn your backyard!!!!

Posted 02 April 2012 - 03:05 PM

Athletic? Im pretty sure he is just as athletic as most MLB coming out or who is playing now..... What was Beason's 40 time? 4.72... what was Lukes? 4.50..... he is a tackling machine, to be honest I feel he is a safer pick, than Coples, Ingram or Brockers.....

#49 OnlyPantherFaninMaine

OnlyPantherFaninMaine

All In.

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,607 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 02 April 2012 - 03:07 PM

Snake time to let it go...the kid had a monster combine and silenced all of his critics that doubted his athleticism. If you still cannot accept that, I suggest you compare and contrast Luke's combine numbers with Jon Beason's combine back in 07'. The kid is an athletic, high motored, smart football player and there is no way around that. Funny thing is, you will probably still resort to talking about looking at tape and that combine statistics do not matter. Yet, NFL scouts, GMs, and front offices were all pleasantly surprised with Luke's combine and it likely solidified the kid as a top 15 pick.

#50 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,086 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 03:07 PM

If I'm being honest, I've thought to myself Kuechly isn't as "explosive" as say a Patrick Willis. There are tons of great white linebackers in the NFL but in general black players are stereotyped as more athletic. There is something in the brain that makes us draw these comparisons. That's why every white WR is Wes Welker. Every white DB is Jason Sehorn. Sometimes black QBs get compared to each other.

All of this is just thoughts. I'm not big on chastising someone for a racial thought. Racist behavior is what we should be worried about. Society has gotten so worried about this thoughts in the last 20 years.

#51 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,383 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 03:09 PM

I think you should look up the definition. Are you a racist? Maybe or maybe not. Is it stereotyping? Absolutely.

If you wanted to say you think he will be a bust since BC defense funneled the plays to him and he is a sure tackler. Then that would not be racist but it would be accurate.

#52 Snake

Snake

Im on the Gus Bus

• HUDDLER
  • 12,236 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 03:10 PM

That was written before the combine where he blew everyone away. People didn't realize how fast he was until he ran so quickly and put on 5 lbs of muscle lifting weights for the combine.
So no, those weaknesses are not there. As for Connors, he was not fluid and didn't have good hip flexion to reverse directions and did not have an explosive first step like Kuechly does,

if you knew more about him you would let it rest. You got nothing.

Dude combine numbers mean very little in drafting a player. Its the reason Poe is going to drop like a rock when draft day comes. Im not saying the guy is going to be terrible but he is not worth the 9th pick in the draft. In the 20s the dude will be a steal. He and Connor are very much a like and everyone has said that Connor could start on other teams. Its just he is not a Von Miller or even a Jon Beason and just never will be because of talent.

#53 Snake

Snake

Im on the Gus Bus

• HUDDLER
  • 12,236 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 03:12 PM

Snake time to let it go...the kid had a monster combine and silenced all of his critics that doubted his athleticism. If you still cannot accept that, I suggest you compare and contrast Luke's combine numbers with Jon Beason's combine back in 07'. The kid is an athletic, high motored, smart football player and there is no way around that. Funny thing is, you will probably still resort to talking about looking at tape and that combine statistics do not matter. Yet, NFL scouts, GMs, and front offices were all pleasantly surprised with Luke's combine and it likely solidified the kid as a top 15 pick.

I think its time for you to let those combine numbers go... GMs look at the tape and not the combine and thats why we will not pick him at 9.

If everyone went off the combine then we would have Blane Gabbert instead of Cam.

#54 pOpCoRnPoPpEr

pOpCoRnPoPpEr

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts
  • LocationPrison

Posted 02 April 2012 - 03:15 PM

combine means very little. Lol just look at Bruce Campbell, great combine but couldn't bust a grape in a food fight.

#55 OnlyPantherFaninMaine

OnlyPantherFaninMaine

All In.

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,607 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 02 April 2012 - 03:17 PM

Well it just so happened that Luke's combine numbers proved wrong what little doubts people had to begin with. Snake, can I ask you specifically, what on his tape stands out as a red flag to you?

#56 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 02 April 2012 - 03:21 PM

Dan Connor sucked here. Don't know what you were watching. Keuchly is about 10 times better than Connor. Quit judging people by their skin color. God I hate when players get compared to other players just because their skin color

#57 AceMan

AceMan

Huddle Vet

• HUDDLER
  • 2,768 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 03:22 PM

I sorta want us to draft Kuechly so he can prove the haters wrong like Cam did last year..

#58 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,383 posts

Dan Connor sucked here. Don't know what you were watching. Keuchly is about 10 times better than Connor. Quit judging people by their skin color. God I hate when players get compared to other players just because their skin color

I agree.....he is much more like Aaron Curry.

#59 cultclassiccat

cultclassiccat

flash

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,658 posts
  • LocationG spot

Intelligent lb he is. Hes a heady player that really has great physical skill set. His reads are suppossibly second to none in this yrs draft. I love any good football player on the team and to me this guy is one.

#60 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,922 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 02 April 2012 - 03:23 PM

Yeah, for example, when Cam was being compared to JaWalrus... That was idiotic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com