This thread is filled with idiocy.

Posted Image

#108 natty

natty

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,731 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:54 PM

Sadly Hurney overvalues low importance positions like RB and LB so we'll probably move up to get him at 6.

Not sure if serious....

#109 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,505 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:12 PM

I just love how all these huddle experts can say Kuechly was decent or average when he is the consensus Butkus award winner which is given to the best linebacker in the country. And the vote wasn't even close. In fact he was the second best linebacker behind Von Miller his sophomore year in voting.
He led the country in tackles two year straight and had 7 interceptions , 2 of which he returned for TDs but lets worry he can't rush the passer so we should avoid him. Instead draft someone in the second round who two or three huddlers liked better.

Glad that Rivera and Hurney are making the decision rather than folks here.

#110 sml1950

sml1950

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:36 PM

If you liked Dan Morgan, who we took @11, you'll love Kuechly

http://www.catscratchreader.com/2012/3/2/2838294/past-and-present-luke-kuechly-vs-dan-morgan

While getting a pass rusher is important, stopping the run is vital. This kid, like Morgan, is a bonified run stuffer.

#111 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,505 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:10 PM

If you liked Dan Morgan, who we took @11, you'll love Kuechly

http://www.catscratchreader.com/2012/3/2/2838294/past-and-present-luke-kuechly-vs-dan-morgan

While getting a pass rusher is important, stopping the run is vital. This kid, like Morgan, is a bonified run stuffer.

Seems that line of reasoning is not as important as rushing the passer according to some here. Problem with the whole pass rusher rationale, if we only want pass rushers for linebackers then we need to replace Anderson, Beason and Davis as well. After all Davis and Anderson have never had more than 3.5 sacks in any pro season, Beason has never had more than 2. Since pass rusher is the all important trait, we need to dump all of them. After all given they haven't been good pass rushers we all know it had nothing to do with scheme but all about ability. Guys who haven't rushed the passer can't learn to do it. At least accordng to the experts on the huddle.

#112 Dick the Butcher

Dick the Butcher

The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,136 posts
  • LocationCornelius, NC

Posted 03 April 2012 - 01:43 AM

how is this even meritorious argument? would it be ok if the public assumed every black qb will fail because all they can do is run? assuming anything negative about any ethnicity based on a stereotype should make a person blush.

i'm in the business of making money and winning games, so biases play no role.

#113 section543

section543

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:58 AM

that Luke Kuechly will be a bust at #9, based only on "he's a white LB"

now I know Dan Connor did very well here, but we can all admit- he was no Beason- not that there are many Beasons out there- but, we can also say Connor was no James Anderson either.

i loved the pick of Connor and where we drafted him in the 3rd round- i just have a problem with Luechly being our #1 pick with guys like Coples and Cox still on the board..

Am I wrong? anyone else feel this way?

You're not wrong, BUT people LOOKING FOR RACISM will call you out. You're just citing trends in recent white LBs. Just like the string of relatively unsuccessful "athletic QB's" dogged Cam. Those generalizations were wrong so far, but not racist.

#114 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,505 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:37 AM

You're not wrong, BUT people LOOKING FOR RACISM will call you out. You're just citing trends in recent white LBs. Just like the string of relatively unsuccessful "athletic QB's" dogged Cam. Those generalizations were wrong so far, but not racist.

What recent trends?? And why aren't discussions that categorize people and ascribe favorable or negative traits based on race not racist??

#115 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,491 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:16 AM

I just love how all these huddle experts can say Kuechly was decent or average when he is the consensus Butkus award winner which is given to the best linebacker in the country. And the vote wasn't even close. In fact he was the second best linebacker behind Von Miller his sophomore year in voting.
He led the country in tackles two year straight and had 7 interceptions , 2 of which he returned for TDs but lets worry he can't rush the passer so we should avoid him. Instead draft someone in the second round who two or three huddlers liked better.

Aaron Curry was a Butkus award winner, the safest pick in the draft, and returned 3 INT's for TD's.

#116 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,402 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:23 AM

You freakin racist!!!!!!
I'm Asian and I'm offended by your words!!
Lol JK. I know how you feel. Something I feel like that also. Don't hate people. It's just like how we think only white qbs (newton proved of wrong), black wr, white slot wr, white fullback, all white DE has a motor for days, etc etc etc....

Though I like Kuechly. Heard of our very own Dan Morgan or Urlacher, Sean Lee etc. I'd be happy with him at 9th and a DT in the 2nd.

#117 Dingo_ate_Babies

Dingo_ate_Babies

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:50 AM

He's in the clear. White guys excel at ILB, TE, OL, QB, K, FB, and P. Basically any position where technique, intelligence and/or brawn can make up for inferior athleticism.

#118 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,505 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:16 AM

Aaron Curry was a Butkus award winner, the safest pick in the draft, and returned 3 INT's for TD's.

Like I asked you before, why do you think Curry was considered a bust while many others with similar skills sets have been successful. Perhaps instead of deciding that athleticism and winning the Butkus should give us pause in picking a linebacker in the first round when clearly guys like Von Miller and Patrick WIllis did the same and were instant successes, we should figure out why Curry did the opposite. Unless you think it was totally a coincidence and you can't predict who is going to be successful or not with any kind of certainty. Should the exception to the rule dictate your thinking or should it be considered an exception??

#119 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,491 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:22 AM

Like I asked you before, why do you think Curry was considered a bust while many others with similar skills sets have been successful. Perhaps instead of deciding that athleticism and winning the Butkus should give us pause in picking a linebacker in the first round when clearly guys like Von Miller and Patrick WIllis did the same and were instant successes, we should figure out why Curry did the opposite. Unless you think it was totally a coincidence and you can't predict who is going to be successful or not with any kind of certainty. Should the exception to the rule dictate your thinking or should it be considered an exception??

There is absolutely no correlation between the winning the Butkus Award and being an All Pro LB. In fact over the last 10 years winning the Butkus Award has actually had more busts, over-hyped, and developmental prospects than it did sure fire great LB's.

#120 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,505 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:29 AM

He's in the clear. White guys excel at ILB, TE, OL, QB, K, FB, and P. Basically any position where technique, intelligence and/or brawn can make up for inferior athleticism.

So how does that work that the generally recognized best all around athlete in the world (the 2011 decathlon world champion) is a white dude from the US named Trey Hardee??
http://en.wikipedia....iki/Trey_Hardee

Just another dumb statement by another racist.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.