Photo
- - - - -

Bullying

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
62 replies to this topic

#61 bLACKpANTHER

bLACKpANTHER

º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:32 AM

They should show this film to every kid in middle school. I think it could single handedly cut down on a ton of bullying. An 11 year old boy hung himself because of bullying? I mean, 11 years old. You know it must've been really bad.

agreed

#62 Hawk

Hawk

Banned

Moderators

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:38 AM

that's pretty powerful stuff...especially when I think of my own 11 year old!

I don't talk about this very often for obvious reasons...but when I was 10, my oldest brother killed himself. At the time, in an effort to 'protect' me, my parents told me that he had gotten quite religious and he killed himself because he figured that heaven would be a much better place to be than here on earth. That just didn't sit right with me but I was told at the time, to just leave it at that.

As I aged, I wanted to know more and finally my parents told me that my brother was gay and was tormented about it on a continous basis. Living in a small town in redneck Alberta, it's not something that was or is commonly accepted.

so, I know first hand that bullying can be severe, and I agree with PhillyB that it's a myth that it didn't happen in the good ole days...but today with media coverage everywhere, we just hear about these things so much more than ever before.

#63 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

SUPPORTER

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:58 PM

a kid used to bully me until I punched him the face.. the adrenaline flowing through my body felt amazing..