Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Floyd Visits With Panthers

30 posts in this topic

Posted

good thing, because if we do find ourselves in a trade down scenario, Floyd could be a great pick

Posted

What team would trade up ? I'd get a floyd jersey as soon as possible! If we get him that is

Posted

No way we trade up for Floyd. Trading down with the Patriots for their two 1st round picks for them to take Melvin Ingram could be possible.

Posted

Floyd is considered top 8-15 pick. So it will not be a reach at 9. This is a passing league where defenses only allowed to play touch football so I don't mind having a physical WR on our team. If we go DE, DT, or CB I will be happy as well. If we take LB with #9 overall I will poo a squirrel ( not the huddle one).

Posted

If teams were trying to get a sense on what the Panthers are going to do at #9 by who they had visited/worked out, must have given up a looonnnngggg time ago.

Posted

Well trade back into the first and get him.

Posted

If we pick a WR in the first it means one thing. This is Smitty's last season here. There is no other reason we would draft a WR in the first.

Posted

i think that's a bit of a reach to say...

i think drafting a WR in the first round would say more about how rivera/chud feels about gettis than anything else

Posted

wonder if they think he will slip into the 2nd round

Probably looking more from a trade down perspective

Posted

Most mocks have Michael Floyd going #10 to Buffalo.

Posted

Floyd is a very viable option. He was compared to Fitzgerald on NFL Network, something I call a reach. However, some of you do not get the fact that we have no true #1 WR. a 5' 9" 33-year old is not the answer--Smitty would be awesome in the slot.

You could argue that our needs are not what people think they are:

DE: CJohnson, Hardy, Keiser, Applewhite, Norwood, and that free agent (forgot name)--Hardy, Keiser should improve this season. Remember, Keiser had 4 sacks in limited duty last season. Who will we draft better than Hardy? Coples is a question mark and Ingram is a bit short with short arms.

CB: Hogan is our addition. We could upgrade here, but Marty likes to give his picks a shot. If Claiborne does not drop, there are no CBs worth the 9th pick.

DT: Edwards, Shirley, Kearse, McClain, Fua, Neblett--we found a gem or two who played much better down the stretch--some say give the DTs time to develop--besides, Edwards is a veteran presence and DT in this draft does not necessarily mean we improve.I do not see a DT worth the #9 pick.

LB: Who in the first round fills our needs? Keuchly is the only 4-3 LB rated high. No 4-3 LB is worth the #9 pick (Kuechly maybe)

WR: Floyd could move SS to the slot and make him dangerous. Gettis and Lafell would be role players. Floyd has 4.45 speed, is 6' 3" tall and weighs 220. He is a good blocker with great hands. He would be dangerous and make our offense incredible.

He could easily be the BPA.

If Smith hits the wall or is injured, you will see teams going after Cam pretty hard because they will feel comfortable with single coverage on Gettis and Lafell. They are decent to good.

2 people like this

Posted

I totally trust Hurney with our #1 pick. I'm also excited to see who they value the most with our first pick. Can't wait!