91 replies to this topic

#1 Spaceballs83

Spaceballs83

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:10 PM

http://www.foxnews.c...ealth-care-law/

Pretty fuging pathetic. Basically telling the US Supreme court you are a bunch of chair sitting unelected individuals and have no right to touch my bill which was voted on in a democratic congress. Dumb ass needs to go read the Constitution. Supreme court is there for one reason only. Separation of Powers!!!.

God this guy is a complete idiot.

#2 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,138 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:13 PM

He pulled this bs in one of his state of the union speeches...and now he's doing it again.

Elections matter. Remember that independents and people that think 3rd parties are going to get elected.

#3 Spaceballs83

Spaceballs83

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:22 PM

I'm seriously worried about this country. If Obama gets re-elected we are screwed big time. You think he has changed this country in his first term. Wait until he has a 2nd term with no worries about getting elected again.

#4 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,318 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:26 PM

eh, he is politicking, thats about it.

#5 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 22,771 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:36 PM

Ah I see theres no problem with activist judges overturning the peoples will anymore, good to know as this was some kind of issue not too far back

#6 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• HUDDLER
  • 22,771 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:37 PM

"Ultimately I am confident that the Supreme Court will not take what would be an unprecedented, extraordinary step of overturning a law that was passed by a strong majority of a democratically elected Congress," the president concluded. "And I just remind conservative commentators that for years what we have heard is that the biggest problem on the bench was judicial activism or a lack of judicial restraint; that an unelected group of people would somehow overturn a duly constituted and passed law. Well, this is a good example. And I'm pretty confident that this court will recognize that and not take that step."

oh he remembers it too

#7 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,187 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:56 PM

Ah I see theres no problem with activist judges overturning the peoples will anymore, good to know as this was some kind of issue not too far back

If I remember correctly, a majority of the country was against it then and still against it today. The Dems in congress were the only ones for it. Not necessarily the "will of the people"

#8 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• HUDDLER
  • 3,328 posts
  • LocationGitmo

Posted 02 April 2012 - 05:00 PM

Unfortunately he is on a long list of those that needs to be enrolled in such a class.

#9 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• HUDDLER
  • 22,771 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 05:03 PM

If I remember correctly, a majority of the country was against it then and still against it today. The Dems in congress were the only ones for it. Not necessarily the "will of the people"

You need a bit of a history lesson. The representatives that were voted in by the people passed healthcare reform. That's like, how America works. Constitution and all, you know.

#10 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• HUDDLER
  • 10,372 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:23 PM

Posted Image

#11 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,187 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:40 PM

You need a bit of a history lesson. The representatives that were voted in by the people passed healthcare reform. That's like, how America works. Constitution and all, you know.

Right, will of the people was not heeded and they got thrown our on their azz the following election. Historical indeed was the turnover in Congress

#12 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,040 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:51 PM

You mean that bill that Obama back door'd through a questionable reconciliation action because he could not get it through the way that the law intended? And then saw the Dems get their asses handed to them in the general election because it was NOT what the people wanted. Got it.

#13 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,138 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:07 PM

If the CBO had been given time to properly analyze Obamacare, they wouldn't proven there's no way this thing is revenue neutral. Even the liberal dummies on Joe's MSNBC show had to admit the 50% of Medicare savings is voodoo crap.

#14 natty

natty

• HUDDLER
  • 4,731 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:08 PM

This will be a very interesting case no matter which way it goes. Obama is simply setting the groundwork for a ruling against law.

#15 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,138 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:10 PM

Obama probably doesn't really care if the mandate is ruled unconstitutional...just as long as the entire thing isn't thrown out. His goal is single payer anyhow.

That's why he's threatening.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.