Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Carolina Panthers Select: Cb Jayron Hosley

47 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

hes 5-10, he will get eaten alive by the big receivers in the league.

Does darrelle revis get eaten alive by big WRs?

Posted · Report post

I would like to get him. Guy is a playmaker on D and special teams. Saw him take a couple to the house in some games. And man can this guy jump a route. If he is in the 2nd round we should get him.

Posted · Report post

As a VT fan, I love this guy. He would always be in play for a big play on D. However in the NFL, I think he's best suited for the Nickelback. He is just too small, but very quick.

Posted · Report post

would rather have Gilmore, Trumaine Johnson or obviously Janoris Jenkins

Posted · Report post

He is very light. He has very long arms for a short CB, however.

Posted · Report post

5'10 is not what scares me, but when facing bigger WRs he gets pushed around. Streeter abused him, Quick had a decent game on him, Hill as well. Givens had big game on him, and they are around the same size(Givens and Hosley). but the guy is a ball hawk you have to love that aspect of his game.

Good info. I am hoping for Josh Robinson, but I am also high on Hogan.

Posted · Report post

Can we please stop looking at CBs that can also return kicks? Our defense is in shambles. We need CBs that are actually CBs. We got a CB last season that could return kicks and a WR that can return kicks, and now neither of them are considered when talking about the positions they were originally drafted for. What exactly are we solving here? Can we consider players that actually have potential in their "main" position first instead of being a useless combination of nothing and 1 punt return for a TD in college? No more nickelback returnmen plox.

Hurney has the huddle bookmarked. Stop throwing him off.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I like Hosley. Have him as our 2nd round pick.

I dont like him more than Jenkins though, but I dont think Jenkins will be there for our 2nd pick.

Wish there was some way to get another 2nd or 3rd and grab Trumaine Johnson as well and I think we would be set!

Posted · Report post

I've watched him whole career along with Coale, Boykin, etc. at Tech and always thought he'd be a great pro. He's not butterfingered as someone said. That Michigan game was complete crap and we had that won. We got completely fugged in the as$

Anyhoo, yeah Hosley has a nose for the ball and I think will produce in the NFL. He has the "it" factor imo

Posted · Report post

Good info. I am hoping for Josh Robinson, but I am also high on Hogan.

i like Robinson better as well, but i would not complain if we snatched up Hosley.

Posted · Report post

Morris Claiborne is as good as gone. The only other corner that is worth looking at if we stay at nine is Dre Kirkpatrick.

Posted · Report post

Hosley isn't butterfingered. That Stanford "PIck-Six" was a little behind him and he still made a play for the ball. It would have been his SECOND pick on Luck if he held on. His strengths are positioning and attacking the ball at the highest point. He is very coachable. His size and some top end speed are a concern. He's not very useful in Run Support because of his lack of weight and size, however at the line of scrimmage he will usually be able to slow them down long enough for help to arrive.

He played his Junior year injured. A lot of the big plays he allowed were a result of bad safety play or being injured on the play. (Against Miami and Clemson he got injured and left the game) If you watched the Michigan game, you'd completely understand what I'm talking about in regards to safety play.

He's 2nd-3rd Round talent. His return ability relies on shiftiness and he has the speed to break one, but he doesn't have the top end speed get there quick.