#31 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,063 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:02 AM

Can we please stop looking at CBs that can also return kicks? Our defense is in shambles. We need CBs that are actually CBs. We got a CB last season that could return kicks and a WR that can return kicks, and now neither of them are considered when talking about the positions they were originally drafted for. What exactly are we solving here? Can we consider players that actually have potential in their "main" position first instead of being a useless combination of nothing and 1 punt return for a TD in college? No more nickelback returnmen plox.

Hurney has the huddle bookmarked. Stop throwing him off.

#32 Dash Global

Dash Global

• HUDDLER
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:02 AM

I like Hosley. Have him as our 2nd round pick.

I dont like him more than Jenkins though, but I dont think Jenkins will be there for our 2nd pick.

Wish there was some way to get another 2nd or 3rd and grab Trumaine Johnson as well and I think we would be set!

#33 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 9,794 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:06 AM

I've watched him whole career along with Coale, Boykin, etc. at Tech and always thought he'd be a great pro. He's not butterfingered as someone said. That Michigan game was complete crap and we had that won. We got completely fugged in the as$

Anyhoo, yeah Hosley has a nose for the ball and I think will produce in the NFL. He has the "it" factor imo

#34 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,644 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:12 AM

Good info. I am hoping for Josh Robinson, but I am also high on Hogan.

i like Robinson better as well, but i would not complain if we snatched up Hosley.

#35 DynastyRTR

DynastyRTR

newnfldraft.com writer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:23 AM

Morris Claiborne is as good as gone. The only other corner that is worth looking at if we stay at nine is Dre Kirkpatrick.

#36 Seamonk

Seamonk

kekekekekeke

• HUDDLER
  • 2,058 posts
  • LocationRichmond, Va

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:32 PM

Hosley isn't butterfingered. That Stanford "PIck-Six" was a little behind him and he still made a play for the ball. It would have been his SECOND pick on Luck if he held on. His strengths are positioning and attacking the ball at the highest point. He is very coachable. His size and some top end speed are a concern. He's not very useful in Run Support because of his lack of weight and size, however at the line of scrimmage he will usually be able to slow them down long enough for help to arrive.

He played his Junior year injured. A lot of the big plays he allowed were a result of bad safety play or being injured on the play. (Against Miami and Clemson he got injured and left the game) If you watched the Michigan game, you'd completely understand what I'm talking about in regards to safety play.

He's 2nd-3rd Round talent. His return ability relies on shiftiness and he has the speed to break one, but he doesn't have the top end speed get there quick.

#37 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,879 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:34 PM

Charlie Campbell is that you?

#38 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 11,135 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:39 PM

Over janoris?

#39 TyHillPanthers

TyHillPanthers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:53 PM

Hosley isn't butterfingered. That Stanford "PIck-Six" was a little behind him and he still made a play for the ball. It would have been his SECOND pick on Luck if he held on. His strengths are positioning and attacking the ball at the highest point. He is very coachable. His size and some top end speed are a concern. He's not very useful in Run Support because of his lack of weight and size, however at the line of scrimmage he will usually be able to slow them down long enough for help to arrive.

He played his Junior year injured. A lot of the big plays he allowed were a result of bad safety play or being injured on the play. (Against Miami and Clemson he got injured and left the game) If you watched the Michigan game, you'd completely understand what I'm talking about in regards to safety play.

He's 2nd-3rd Round talent. His return ability relies on shiftiness and he has the speed to break one, but he doesn't have the top end speed get there quick.

This^ Jayron Hosley? yes please
State fans should remember what he did to Russell Wilson. Guy is a pure baller and 2nd round for him is about right.
VT produces some good DBs for the NFL if anything.

#40 Riverboat Ron

Riverboat Ron

The Gambler

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,209 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:58 PM

Much rather spend our 2nd rounder on Coby Fleener or Jerel Worthy if Stephon Gilmore isn't available.

#41 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,879 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 03 April 2012 - 01:00 PM

His wingspan and Leap are the selling point here. He's not a bad CB at all. I wouldn't mind him in the second at all.

#42 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

• HUDDLER
  • 2,340 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 01:03 PM

Why do people keep complaining about 5-10 cornerbacks, claiming they are too small? Have you been paying attention to the position? Most NFL cornerbacks are under 6 feet tall.

Guys like gamble, peterson and nnamdi are all considered exceptionally big for the position and hard to come by with their level of talent.

#43 Moose87Banks

Moose87Banks

I Love Unicorns!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  • LocationOregon/Charlotte

Posted 03 April 2012 - 01:39 PM

He's too small, and doesn't like to tackle. No thanks.

#44 EMSMedic79

EMSMedic79

Member since 2005

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,813 posts
  • LocationOn the Water

Posted 03 April 2012 - 01:46 PM

He'll probally be the best CB still left.... why not.

#45 rico6

rico6

Shit.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,694 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 01:52 PM

Wouldn't be against it, he fills two-needs plus he can easily fill out 10+ lbs by season time.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Jayron Hosley, Carolina Panthers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com