Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Panthers Apparently "love" Luke Kuechly

542 posts in this topic

Posted

Any Panther fan would know that the Panthers don't tip their hand as to who they "love" in the draft. And if these "people" actually said they loved Kuechly, then it was probably followed by "and all the other top picks". We will know exactly jack sh!it until after the pick is made, and then they'll say "we loved this guy, had him targeted all along".

Posted

I'm sure he's fast enough to lay outside. If not, Beason can.

The saints just signed hawthorne n lofton.

There's no problem for us to draft another mlb

Didn't we try Beason at OLB and Connor at ILB his rookie year? If I recall that was terrible for Beason.

Posted

Maybe can nab a LS in the first next year? Whatchu guys think?

Funny cause Luke was Boston's backup long-snapper.

Posted

Man, I wish the Huddle were the stock market. I could make a friggin' fortune.

Posted

Anybody we draft in the first round should start game 1 of the regular season. We wouldn't use our first round pick on a "back-up" player.

1 person likes this

Posted

Dammit what is the point in tasking another inside linebacker... he sure as hell can't play outside

why?

Posted

Lol at all of you that feel you know more than the coaching and scouting staff! This argument is strangely the 180 of the Cam argument last year. Cam was too black and dumb to play QB and Luke is too white and not athletic enough for OLB. Man I hope we draft Luke

1 person likes this

Posted

Didn't we try Beason at OLB and Connor at ILB his rookie year? If I recall that was terrible for Beason.

Beason had like 150 tackles that year.

Edit: Excuse me. Beason's rookie year. I think Beason had some troubles when they tried it again years later.

Posted

Even if Beason isn't 100% this year, he will still be more ready than Luke at ILB.

My guess is Luke will start out as Beason's backup, if Davis goes down, Beason moves to outside.

And the 3-4 comment doesn't make sense either. Can Davis or Anderson play 3-4 OLB?

How ready was Beason as a rookie?

Posted

Dammit what is the point in tasking another inside linebacker... he sure as hell can't play outside

Great football IQ, 4.58 forty impecable instincts....

He could play OLB.

Posted

Kuechly is talented and athletic enough to play possibly the 3 LB positions. But he excelled at ILB (mainly because they liked to funnel things to him.)

I think if Rivera takes Luke, he should know best being a former linebacker ;)

Posted

My god do any of you follow college football. He was reccuited as a SS and played a hybrid SS/OLB before moving to MLB because they needed him there. Im not saying he is hands down our guy but damn some of the comments on here are ignorant.

Also look at what he looked like as when he got to BC and what he is now. The dude turned on beast mode in the weight room which is why they also threw him in the middle.