166 replies to this topic

#31 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:05 AM

Since when did we draft players off the combine? If we want to do that, we might as get Dontari Poe a uniform...

Stfu and watch football before posting.

#32 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:05 AM

I could care less about Coples or Cox at pick number nine when I feel like Luke Kuechly address a need and gives us good value with the 9th pick in the draft.

Now I wouldn't be upset with Coples with the 9th pick but I would feel much more comfortable taking him or Cox if we were able to trade down to the 13th, 14th, or 15th pick.

For me, I am down to two people... Morris Claiborne (if he falls) and Luke Kuechly.

Nobody cares.

#33 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,197 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:06 AM

Cox will be a good DT, I have no doubts about that.
But taking him at #9 is a reach if better players are on the board, like Coples or Keuckly.

Also Brockers has been in the SEC with LSU since '09... just saying.

Cox is a reach at #9 but Kuechly isn't...smh

At least Cox plays an impact position. A 4-3 LB at #9 is terrible value unless he's damn near revolutionizing the position, which Kuechly is not even close to.

#34 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,448 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:09 AM

Stfu and watch football before posting.

Get a new comeback and quit acting like a five year old.

#35 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,448 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:13 AM

At least Cox plays an impact position. A 4-3 LB at #9 is terrible value unless he's damn near revolutionizing the position, which Kuechly is not even close to.

Do you realize that we run a 4-3 and that 4-3 lb's are actually more difficult to find now than 3-4 lb's as most colleges have shifted away from the traditional 4-3 defense to adopt the less difficult and easier defense in the 3-4 that makes even poor linebackers look like superstars?

#36 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,448 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:14 AM

Nobody cares.

Posted Image

#37 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,197 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:22 AM

Do you realize that we run a 4-3?

uh..either your comprehension is lacking or you're grasping. Obviously we run a 4-3...4-3 LBs aren't good value in the first half of the first round. I posted the recent history in another thread of the past 7 drafts and the ONLY LB drafted by a 4-3 in the top 10 that was even close to worth his draft spot was Von Miller and he's a pass rusher. They play a 4-3 but use him like a 3-4 rush LB. Of the non pass rushing LBs taken in the top 10 there were three players (Rolando McClain, Jarod Mayo and AJ Hawk) that are good but not good enough for top 10 and EVERY single other one could be considered a bust.

Simply put, a non pass rushing LB (which pretty much every LB in a 4-3 is except Von Miller) is not worth a top 10 pick.

#38 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,448 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:25 AM

uh..either your comprehension is lacking or you're grasping. Obviously we run a 4-3...4-3 LBs aren't good value in the first half of the first round. I posted the recent history in another thread of the past 7 drafts and the ONLY LB drafted by a 4-3 in the top 10 that was even close to worth his draft spot was Von Miller and he's a pass rusher. They play a 4-3 but use him like a 3-4 rush LB. Of the non pass rushing LBs taken in the top 10 there were three players (Rolando McClain, Jarod Mayo and AJ Hawk) that are good but not good enough for top 10 and EVERY single other one could be considered a bust.

Simply put, a non pass rushing LB (which pretty much every LB in a 4-3 is except Von Miller) is not worth a top 10 pick.

You got lucky on the pie when I was trying to quote you lol...

McClain and Mayo are very good lb's and either one of them would start on our roster, so if they aren't worth a top 10 pick in this years draft in particular than I don't know who would be.

Now, though Kuechly isn't a great pass rusher he has the ability to be with his size and I would hope everyone would trust Rivera when picking linebackers.

#39 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:30 AM

You got lucky on the pie when I was trying to quote you lol...

McClain and Mayo are very good lb's and either one of them would start on our roster, so if they aren't worth a top 10 pick in this years draft in particular than I don't know who would be.

Now, though Kuechly isn't a great pass rusher he has the ability to be with his size and I would hope everyone would trust Rivera when picking linebackers.

I hope you trust him if he picks a Dt as well. If he picks Kuechly I'll know that Beason Rehab is not going as well as he says.

#40 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,419 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:33 AM

McClain isn't "very good" and wouldn't start ahead of beason, neither would mayo although I agree mayo is a good LB

#41 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,448 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:34 AM

I hope you trust him if he picks a Dt as well. If he picks Kuechly I'll know that Beason Rehab is not going as well as he says.

I'll pretty much trust whoever he picks as long as it's not Poe or and offensive linemen that we reach for lol. I may even trust him 100% with Coples, but not 100% sure on that yet.

#42 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:35 AM

I'll pretty much trust whoever he picks as long as it's not Poe or and offensive linemen that we reach for lol. I may even trust him 100% with Coples, but not 100% sure on that yet.

That we can agree on.

#43 Ken

Ken

Triple Threat

• HUDDLER
  • 3,358 posts
  • Locationnyc

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:37 AM

Its a "reach" because Kuechly is a better more NFL ready than Cox.

#44 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,513 posts
  • LocationS.L.R.C.

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:37 AM

If they pick Poe, I'll have to swallow my pride and ride with Poe. I don't want him here, he's too much of a project. Of course I said this about Cam last year and I ate crow. I'll happily eat crow again if they pick Poe and he pans out. But really I wouldn't put so much pressure on Poe. He's not Cam and he won't be making an Immediate Impact either. At least that's what I believe. Again, I could be wrong and I'll eat crow AGAIN for that if he does. I kinda want to eat crow now if we do pick Poe...

#45 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,448 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:39 AM

McClain isn't "very good" and wouldn't start ahead of beason, neither would mayo although I agree mayo is a good LB

McClain had darn near 100 tackles in 15 games last year and McClain can also play OLB as he has a few times before. Mayo was also just shy of 100 tackles in 14 games and Mayo plays in a 3-4 defense so I don't really know why his name was brought up.

But yeah you are right neither of them would start over Beason.

But I don't want to draft Kuechly to start over Beason. I want him to start beside Beason in case Thomas Davis can't come back from another ACL injury. He is fast enough to play OLB and could keep up with any tight end in my opinion. He also gives us an insurance option just in case Beason struggles with his comeback.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.