Photo
- - - - -

Top 3 Players For #9 Pick

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
70 replies to this topic

#61 cultclassiccat

cultclassiccat

flash

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:07 PM

Reiff
Floyd
kuechly, ingram, upshaw, j jenkins

#62 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:11 PM

If we didn't want him as a starter, why did we let Wharton walk this time, and keep Hangartner?

Also, the Bills didn't release him because he was bad, they released him because he was a cap causality.

Trust me, Hangartner is a fantastic offensive lineman, and is better than any other option we have on the team right now at the Guard position.

No need to keep going back and fourth with him. Hangman was the starting LG as soon as he got a 3 year deal and Warton was let go. He can play both guard position and center. He is starting quality.

We aren't drafting Decastro. They really like Gary williams and Byron Bell. Then Mike Pollack and Zack Brown are depht.

When was the last time a team drafted a guard in the top 10? Don't worry I'll wait................

#63 cultclassiccat

cultclassiccat

flash

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:27 PM

Reilly is a reach...in some opinions. My reason for taking OT first is that i think we have to solve the Otah situation. Address it imediatly while Otah still has value and lock up a starter for the next 5yr so we are not shifting guys around when he is most likely to get hurt.

#64 Bj-Monster23

Bj-Monster23

Slam Newton

SUPPORTER

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:12 PM

Cox, Coples, Rieff or Martin. If neither of these guys fits there big board then trade down.

#65 cotblock

cotblock

Don't Call Me Junior Member

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:32 PM

Hangman is not starting quality, he's just not big enough.

Whether he is starting quality is debatable, though I certainly wouldn't argue your point. Not big enough? 6-5, 297 isn't big enough?

#66 nagai

nagai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:08 PM

1. Worthy. That's not a typo, deal with it.
2. Cox.
3. Coples if his intangibles check out, Kuechly if not.

#67 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

HUDDLER

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:47 PM

Reilly is a reach...in some opinions. My reason for taking OT first is that i think we have to solve the Otah situation. Address it imediatly while Otah still has value and lock up a starter for the next 5yr so we are not shifting guys around when he is most likely to get hurt.

Byron Bell and they just got Cambell in the Goody trade.

#68 Yaboychris28

Yaboychris28

HUDDLER

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:13 PM

Coples
Kuechly
ingram

#69 ClarkCam

ClarkCam

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:19 AM

If we drafted soley by position of need we would be taking players that aren't worth a top 10 pick. BPA is the name of the game and also Hurney's best friend. We have a top 10 pick, we might as well use it like one.

If we went by your method:

If we want a CB, we would take Dre Kirkpatrick at #9. <--- late first rounder, might as well see what's there in the 2nd
If we want a DE, we would take Coples at #9. <--- LOL
If we want a DT, we would take Cox at #9. <--- this one's good, we can wait and see if Worthy/Still is in the 2nd tho

If we're gonna reach, we might as well trade down for a 7th rounder and a reacharound

I honestly don't see Kirkpatrick falling out of the top 15... But we will see. CB is such a premium position with the way team's are throwing the ball. So #9 I think would be decent... Coples at 9 is not a laughing matter. Many people see him going in the top 10, and as he is the top DE on the board with possibly the highest potential, I don't see how you are laughing.

Then lastly, "if we are gonna reach, we might as well trade down for a 7th rounder and a reacharound".... A hyperbole to be sure, but really not even accurate to what I was saying.

#70 HeatCheck

HeatCheck

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:21 AM

J.Jenkins
F.Cox
Q.Coples/D.Kirkpatrick (can't decide)

#71 DeeJay

DeeJay

• PipPipPipPipPipPip