#31 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,112 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:44 PM

I doubt the Panthers know who they want to take at this point. They are doing their due diligence and bringing in guys in the event of all kind of possibilities. When you pick at the 9th spot you have to be fluid and go with the flow. You don't know who will be gone and who will be there when you pick. You have to be willing to change as well. We might have some one we like at 9 and then we get an offer from someone else to move down for example. That changes everything. Maybe someone wants Stewart and wants to trade some picks for him, who knows.

But the whole idea that it has come down to two guys at this point is frankly naive at best.

#32 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • 14,737 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:44 PM

CB is our biggest need at present. If Davis and Beason are not back to form than LB would be our biggest need imo.

I wouldnt say Hardy is a beast though.

Coples would simply be BPA at around 9, not to mention he is DL.

anyone that truly paid attention to Hardy realizes the potency he brings to the pass rush.. dude was everywhere on the field... Right now, I'll take Hardy over Coples 9 times out of 10 and that 1 shot is hoping Coples has half the motor Hardy brings to the table..

#33 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,963 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:45 PM

You must have some sick inside knowledge.

Havent seen any mock with us or anyone taking a CB not named Claiborne in the top 10.....

kudos

Thats a joke. You think our FO gives a poo what a mock draft says? If our coaches look at someone's game tape, meet with them and their coaches and everything checks out as being a perfect fit for us then I'm pretty sure we will take them, despite whether they are projected to go a handful of picks late or not.

#34 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,963 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:47 PM

There is risk.

I think he has the potential to be elite. And is a clear upgrade over Hardy.

Coples biggest problem is effort imo.

You watch our games don't you? Then you know that in passing situations between Hardy and CJ the two consistently get pressure around the edges. Problem is the QB has all the space in the world to step up.

#35 Dash Global

Dash Global

• HUDDLER
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:49 PM

Thats a joke. You think our FO gives a poo what a mock draft says? If our coaches look at someone's game tape, meet with them and their coaches and everything checks out as being a perfect fit for us then I'm pretty sure we will take them, despite whether they are projected to go a handful of picks late or not.

we aint drafting a CB not named Claiborne with the 9th pick. You can take that to the bank.

#36 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,442 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:49 PM

You must have some sick inside knowledge.

Says the soothsayer who started the thread about knowing who our picks will be.

#37 Dash Global

Dash Global

• HUDDLER
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:50 PM

Says the soothsayer who started the thread about knowing who our picks will be.

guess you missed the "imo" part.

smh

#38 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 22,293 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:51 PM

I doubt the Panthers know who they want to take at this point. They are doing their due diligence and bringing in guys in the event of all kind of possibilities. When you pick at the 9th spot you have to be fluid and go with the flow. You don't know who will be gone and who will be there when you pick. You have to be willing to change as well. We might have some one we like at 9 and then we get an offer from someone else to move down for example. That changes everything. Maybe someone wants Stewart and wants to trade some picks for him, who knows.

But the whole idea that it has come down to two guys at this point is frankly naive at best.

Which is why I will be fine with Luke Kuechly if we draft him. I just like arguing my opinion.

#39 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 22,293 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:52 PM

guess you missed the "imo" part.

smh

well then

imo you are a brilliant poster

#40 beach

beach

|-~~-~-~|

• HUDDLER
  • 8,067 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:53 PM

we aint drafting a CB not named Claiborne with the 9th pick. You can take that to the bank.

It would be incredibly stupid to narrow it down to only 2 picks at this point. We don't know what will happen in front of us.

Its down to a lot of guys. We're at pick f'n 9, not 3 or 4.

It could be Kuechly, Cox, Claiborne, Coples, Floyd, Ingram, hell even DeCastro for all we know

Don't try to convince yourself its one or the other

#41 Dash Global

Dash Global

• HUDDLER
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:57 PM

It would be incredibly stupid to narrow it down to only 2 picks at this point. We don't know what will happen in front of us.

Its down to a lot of guys. We're at pick f'n 9, not 3 or 4.

It could be Kuechly, Cox, Claiborne, Coples, Floyd, Ingram, hell even DeCastro for all we know

Don't try to convince yourself its one or the other

You are correct.

Id say its between. Id list Claiborne but I dont think he is falling that far.

Coples
Poe
Kuechly
Cox
Brockers

Its just my opinion / hopes that it is between Coples and Kuechly

#42 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,214 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:00 PM

:rolleyes:

#43 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:06 PM

Coples is clearly better than Hardy??? Coples hasnt touched an NFL field yet. Hardy was every bit as good as Johnson at the same point in time. Its been repeated to death, our DEs got consistent pressure on QBs. The problem was that the QB could step into the pocket to avoid them. That comes from a CLEAR lack of interior push...

#44 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

Jordan Matthews Bandwagon.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,029 posts
  • LocationS.L.R.C.

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:07 PM

lots of people around here underestimating Floyd

And Cox.

#45 Ruff

Ruff

Formerly Know As RufftownRepresent

• HUDDLER
  • 5,609 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:11 PM

It appears its gonna be between these two for our 9th pick imo.

My only concern is if we take Kuechly, where is our pass rush gonna come from in this draft?

Im pretty sure its a lock we take a CB in the second (Hosley).

I dont see any good pass rushers available past the first round.

Im more leaning to Coples because I feel he can be a beast of a DE and provide a solid pass rush pared with Johnson.

It's coming down to those two? Based on what? Most reports I've seen have also included Cox and Floyd. You know, reports from people that actually know what's going on, not some Jersey Shore dude.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.