oh that guy.

lolz

#17 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:51 AM

One excuse after another from the haters!

BWHAHAHAHAHA

HOW SWEET IT IS!

Carolina got a damn good line up next season if they get Oriaki.

Paige<<Marshall
Strickland=Strickland
Bullock/Hairston<<<Barnes
McAdoo<Henson
James/whoever<<<<<<<Zeller

We all know roy needs tons of talent to win and I just don't see tons of talent on this team and it sure as hell isn't anywhere close to the talent they had last year.

#18 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:52 AM

I love how bigcatdaddy and popcornface are so concerned about unc!

How sweet it is indeed!

Once again it is a thread about unc so for us to stay on topic we have to discuss unc.

#19 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,770 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:52 AM

actually i thought bullock>barnes

#20 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:56 AM

One excuse after another from the haters!

BWHAHAHAHAHA

HOW SWEET IT IS!

Carolina got a damn good line up next season if they get Oriaki.

I mean in all seriousness how good do you expect unc to be next year? Do they win 25 games, compete for the Acc title, make a final four run?

#21 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:58 AM

actually i thought bullock>barnes

You sound like all the crazy unc fans. They were disappointed in a guy who averaged 17ppg and 5rpg and was 1st team all Acc.

#22 NanceUSMC

NanceUSMC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:01 AM

We all know roy needs tons of talent to win and I just don't see tons of talent on this team and it sure as hell isn't anywhere close to the talent they had last year.

In fairness that's what you said about the Elite 8 team 2 years ago, and that Marshall wouldn't be able to run the team, that he would play behind LD2 and UNC would struggle w/o a point guard...

I agree with some of your assessments, and some I don't, but year in and year out, UK, KU, UNC and Duke simply reload... Both Duke and UNC will be just fine next year... Both will make the Tourney... I'm fine in predicting neither will be a 1 seed, and probably neither a 2... I'm comfortable saying both will be no less than a 3-5 seed, given their current rosters...

As for the Barnes hate, I don't get it either... I loved having him on the team the last 2 seasons... So he had a rough tourney... That's not enough to change my opinion on him... Exceptional talent, that had trouble creating his own shot...

#23 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:21 AM

In fairness that's what you said about the Elite 8 team 2 years ago, and that Marshall wouldn't be able to run the team, that he would play behind LD2 and UNC would struggle w/o a point guard...

I agree with some of your assessments, and some I don't, but year in and year out, UK, KU, UNC and Duke simply reload... Both Duke and UNC will be just fine next year... Both will make the Tourney... I'm fine in predicting neither will be a 1 seed, and probably neither a 2... I'm comfortable saying both will be no less than a 3-5 seed, given their current rosters...

As for the Barnes hate, I don't get it either... I loved having him on the team the last 2 seasons... So he had a rough tourney... That's not enough to change my opinion on him... Exceptional talent, that had trouble creating his own shot...

You are correct, I think that team overachieved with a ton of young players and Zellers back in the tourney. I also think this years team underachieved and I know injurys were a factor but there was still a ton of talent on that team.

I just don't know how good unc will be this year with role players and a bunch of middle of the road recruits coming in. As far as Duke goes until we know if Mason is coming back I don't know how good we will be. Plus the couple recruits that are still out there, though I don't think Shabazz is coming and it's a toss up with Jefferson and Parker.

#24 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:35 AM

You sound like all the crazy unc fans. They were disappointed in a guy who averaged 17ppg and 5rpg and was 1st team all Acc.

Well since Marshall didnt make 1st team all acc I guess we shouldnt be worried about his loss, since 1st team all acc is obviously SOOOO important.

Oh, and you're kind of hurting your argument that UNC is going to suck next season by spending so much time in this thread

#25 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:52 AM

Well since Marshall didnt make 1st team all acc I guess we shouldnt be worried about his loss, since 1st team all acc is obviously SOOOO important.

Oh, and you're kind of hurting your argument that UNC is going to suck next season by spending so much time in this thread

Yes that is exactly what I said, that it's so important to make 1st team all ACC. :rolleyes: Did you forget the part about Barnes leading the team in scoring, 3rd in rebounding, 2nd in steals, and 2nd in 3 point %? You should be worried about the losses of Marshall, Henson, Barnes and Zeller. Four out of your top five scorers, your top assist man, and your top 3 rebounders.

How am I hurting my argument by being on this thread? I like to see how delusional people are.

#26 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:09 AM

Yes that is exactly what I said, that it's so important to make 1st team all ACC. :rolleyes: Did you forget the part about Barnes leading the team in scoring, 3rd in rebounding, 2nd in steals, and 2nd in 3 point %? You should be worried about the losses of Marshall, Henson, Barnes and Zeller. Four out of your top five scorers, your top assist man, and your top 3 rebounders.

How am I hurting my argument by being on this thread? I like to see how delusional people are.

Yes, how could UNC ever replace all those players that joined the team 2 years ago. I mean, UNC has only been relevant since Marshall and Barnes got here, you cant just bring in players to replace guys like that. Did Roy ever make an elite 8 before those guys got there?

#27 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:18 AM

Yes, how could UNC ever replace all those players that joined the team 2 years ago. I mean, UNC has only been relevant since Marshall and Barnes got here, you cant just bring in players to replace guys like that. Did Roy ever make an elite 8 before those guys got there?

What happened in 2010 after the mass exodus in 2009? Come on son, I am just saying it's hard to replace 4 lottery picks with 4 middle of the road freshmen.

#28 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:27 AM

Stop being delusional and be realistic. This class that roy is bringing in this year is nowhere close to the talent he normally brings in. The highest recruit is Paige at # 29, then Johnson at #48, then James at #68, and Tokoto at #90. Compare that to 2010 unc got #1, #16, and #29 then in 2011 #5, and #22. Put that on top of losing 4 starters and the heart of your team it should be cause for concern.

#29 NanceUSMC

NanceUSMC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:33 AM

You are correct, I think that team overachieved with a ton of young players and Zellers back in the tourney. I also think this years team underachieved and I know injurys were a factor but there was still a ton of talent on that team.

I just don't know how good unc will be this year with role players and a bunch of middle of the road recruits coming in. As far as Duke goes until we know if Mason is coming back I don't know how good we will be. Plus the couple recruits that are still out there, though I don't think Shabazz is coming and it's a toss up with Jefferson and Parker.

Don't even get me started on that... I agree totally... They underachieved massively (the massively part may be a bit homeristic of me)... part of that I DO put on Barnes, in that he was expected to be able to take over games consistently, and he just struggled to do that...

I don't think Mason bolts, personally... He's not going to go top 10-12 (given the others that are going to be coming out), so staying in may actually help him some... So, I think that's a win for Duke... I also haven't hung up on Bazz coming to Durham yet... Even though it seems like a long shot at this point...

#30 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:51 AM

Don't even get me started on that... I agree totally... They underachieved massively (the massively part may be a bit homeristic of me)... part of that I DO put on Barnes, in that he was expected to be able to take over games consistently, and he just struggled to do that...

I don't think Mason bolts, personally... He's not going to go top 10-12 (given the others that are going to be coming out), so staying in may actually help him some... So, I think that's a win for Duke... I also haven't hung up on Bazz coming to Durham yet... Even though it seems like a long shot at this point...

Yeah I HOPE Mason stays and I am not sure why he wouldn't since he is late first round probably second round. I however think the ship has sailed on Bazz, I think he is UCLA or UK. I know that coach K is having a meeting with him on Sunday so maybe he can sway him then but I don't think so.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com