Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Panthers To Be In Cap Trouble In 2013 Too?

87 posts in this topic

Posted

Per Pat Yasinskas link

The Carolina Panthers already have $118 million committed toward the 2013 salary cap and that’s with only 42 players under contract. Only four teams have more cap room committed to 2013 than the Panthers; Philadelphia leads the league with $134 million committed to 45 players. And remember: The Panthers haven’t even drafted their 2012 rookies yet. Once they draft and sign those guys, they’ll be over the projected salary cap.

I think guys like Smitty will definitely restructure their contracts this season.

Maybe come 2013 it won't be much of an issue but found it interesting.

Posted

i'm not too worried about it this year, and i'm definitely not at the point of worrying about next year.

Posted

Hurney = Cap genius

Posted

We have several guys that are in line for extensions or restructurings. I'm not getting worked up about it.

Posted

Let's get through this season first, shall we?

Posted

Per Pat Yasinskas link

I think guys like Smitty will definitely restructure their contracts this season.

Maybe come 2013 it won't be much of an issue but found it interesting.

Smitty is a free agent after this season

Posted

I think that number is without taking Wharton's hit off the books in June.

Posted

My patience level with Hurney and his handling of these recent extensions and signings is growing VERY VERY thin.

Posted

If we have a good team, then we won't need much money to spend on bringing in outside help. But yeah, stuff can get restructured and a lot of things can be done to make room. That's a long ways away.

Posted

My patience level with Hurney and his handling of these recent extensions and signings is growing VERY VERY thin.

From the Peppers FT failure to where the money is currently spent is annoying to say the least.

Fortunately all the Playoff success the last few years makes it all worth it. :rolleyes:

Posted

If you arent getting better, you are getting worse.

Posted

Just a couple of weeks ago, we were in cap trouble. Now we're a good 2-3 million under the cap and will be around 7-8 million under the cap in June when Wharton's cap hit is officially gone.

We'll be fine.