Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Panthers To Be In Cap Trouble In 2013 Too?

87 posts in this topic

Posted

What runningbacks we didn't need at the start of the season? Oh that's right you knew what type of year Cam was going to have.... err wait a minute...

Yup. Every playoff team last season had two no. 1 RB's and both were drafted really high in the draft.

Posted

Will getting rid of otah, martin, godfry help?

wtf

Posted

118 mil and the cap is what? 125? So they're 7 mil under the cap. Is that with or without Wharton and baker cuts and Olsen restructure?

I'm not too worried about it. This year the cap was thin and yet we've signed plenty of people, potential starters as well.

Posted

Which is EXACTLY why Hurney should have NEVER signed D-will to that fuging contract, we're gonna have to just end up cutting quality players soon. Hurney has completely fuged up our cap situation. I see all these teams like the Saints, Eagles and Seahawks being SMART with their money.

Posted

Steve Smith has to be re-signed and so does J-stew.

Posted

Lol don't worry about paying cam. This is his franchise now, we'll cut everyone else to make room for however much he wants.

if he demands to be the highest paid qb then we will be like the colts, forever reliant on our qb with very little of a team behind him. if he goes the reasonable amount (getting paid as like the 6th-7th highest qb in the league) then we will be an absolute powerhouse for a decade.

it all comes up to this kid.

Posted

Lol don't worry about paying cam. This is his franchise now, we'll cut everyone else to make room for however much he wants.

if he demands to be the highest paid qb then we will be like the colts, forever reliant on our qb with very little of a team behind him. if he goes the reasonable amount (getting paid as like the 6th-7th highest qb in the league) then we will be an absolute powerhouse for a decade.

it all comes up to this kid.

Patriots? I'm pretty sure Tom Brady gets paid a lot of bread and they have a very good team.

Posted

Patriots? I'm pretty sure Tom Brady gets paid a lot of bread and they have a very good team.

they've been fielding a pretty dismal defense ever since their super bowl winning years. they had a more complete team before brady was getting paid the big bucks.

Posted

People really need to calm down about D-Wills contract. Right now we are in the first two "light" years. Just wait until his base salary goes up. What bothers me is we have no depth. In the past we've had guy that were good enough to start backing up our starters. Specifically on the oline. Now we have some guys coming off injuries with no exp backing up our starters.

Posted

Holy crap....welcome to the dark side.

Hahahahhaahha.

Just something for you to chew on as well. Cam only signed a 4 year deal and is entering year two.

Good stuff Hurney, good stuff.

Also needs coming up.....no. 1 WR, LT, DT, DE, resigning a QB, and Corner......hahahahhah good times.

Kind of hard to fill those needs when you're too busy spending millions to improve the running game which was the most efficient in nfl history last year lol. Can't wait till next year when we add about 20 million more in guaranteed money on the running game to extend Stewart, and other positions are still starving

Better not let cyberjag and pantherclaw see this thread guys

Posted

Honestly the Peppers thing was a clusterfug and I dont think many other FO's could have done much better.

We were going to lose either way.

He refused to work towards a trade and refused to stay here long term.

Peppers fuged the Panthers at every turn and people still suck his cock on this board, its really pathetic.

I'm more irritated at the approach the FO has taken at the signing of players, management of the cap, and stupid draft trades.

While all these things bother me a lot of it has to do with JR and how he wants to run his team. We blamed Fox before and now we are blaming Hurney but the truth is JR is setting the precedents. One thing I really dont worry about though is our cap space and signing our own players. Im sure a deal is getting done with smith and its prob going to be complex so its going to take longer but it will get done.

Posted

While all these things bother me a lot of it has to do with JR and how he wants to run his team. We blamed Fox before and now we are blaming Hurney but the truth is JR is setting the precedents. One thing I really dont worry about though is our cap space and signing our own players. Im sure a deal is getting done with smith and its prob going to be complex so its going to take longer but it will get done.

JR is turning into Al Davis lol