Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kurb

Beason Lookin Strong

253 posts in this topic

HE HAS 5 MORE MONTHS!

So many message board MDs

Just to be clear.

HE HAS 5 MORE MONTHS!

And yes, maybe my tune would change in August if he suffers a setback, but he is doing all the things expected to be difficult for him, now. The only thing not seen from that video is contact. I am sure his tendon will be strong enough by August to take a hit or two, otherwise the medical staff would not put him out there.

For the 4-5 of you who are adamant that Beason will not be effective this year, are you basing this all on the 1 MLB (Ryans) that tore his achilles and said he wasn't 100% after a year of recovery? Or do you have any medical expertise in this field?

Beason had the surgery and has more knowledge of the recovery than ANY of us, unless one of you is Dr. Andrews. I think we should trust him. If he says he will be ready,he will be ready.

The comparisons to Ryans in this thread are off. Nevermind the fact Beason was always better and more athletic than Ryans, Beason got hurt in Week 1. Ryans got hurt midseason. Compound the fact that Ryans also had to transition to an entirely new defense with the hire of Wade Phillips, it's no surprise he didn't feel like himself until near the end of the season. While it is likely Beason will need to get comfortable early on, I don't see any reason to doubt that by Week 6 or so, he should be back at 100% or close.

LOL. Man, people take themselves and their views WAY too seriously.

It is just a workout. Like I said, any player coming off a major injury could put together a video like that.

What else do we need? Are you serious? How about Beason actually playing football at a high level.

That video doesn't even give you a clue about how he would hang with guys on a NFL field. Also every move he is making is planned and calculated on top of that in those drills.

when Beason is making those cuts, the pressure put on that achilles is happening regardless of a game, practice, or drills...

maybe he just looks fast on the camera and that is a legit question, but he appears to be going 100% and that achilles is taking it all..

and FWIW, in a lot of those drills, Beason has to react to a guy calling out commands, so it's not exactly "calculated".. They aren't timed calculations, they are randomly timed commands from whoever is leading the drills...

1 person likes this

Dime packages would be a healthy Beason. Nickel could be Luke and Beason.

So that means that Anderson would have to come off the field who we just gave a huge extension too, you do realize we have him and beason for at least the next 5 years right?? That is a waste of money to only be playing 2 downs. I think at this POINT IN TIME the panthers are just looking for depth at the LB position and not a elite talent. I dont think there are gonna draft a guy in the first round for a "just in case" situation concerning injuries and even if they did Kuechly still wouldnt make much a difference wants he had to take over if somebody went down. We need that elite talent at other positions right now, drafting a LB right now is not gonna make this team better, what good is it gonna do us against teams like the saints, packers, lions??? thats not how you beat them.

So that means that Anderson would have to come off the field who we just gave a huge extension too, you do realize we have him and beason for at least the next 5 years right?? That is a waste of money to only be playing 2 downs. I think at this POINT IN TIME the panthers are just looking for depth at the LB position and not a elite talent. I dont think there are gonna draft a guy in the first round for a "just in case" situation concerning injuries and even if they did Kuechly still wouldnt make much a difference wants he had to take over if somebody went down. We need that elite talent at other positions right now, drafting a LB right now is not gonna make this team better, what good is it gonna do us against teams like the saints, packers, lions??? thats not how you beat them.

take a look at the TE's in our division and ask yourself how important linebacker is going to be if Davis doesn't make it through the season. You can't expect Beason to do everything on the field and Anderson can't cover the likes of Jimmy Graham..

I won't be shocked to see a linebacker drafted if they think Kuechly is a major asset on the field.. Hogan could be a legit #2 and if Rivera stands by his comments that DT isn't our biggest hole, it's not an unreasonable possibility.

Bleys gets it.that's what I have been saying although its a drill, he its reacting to the voice command and executing the move.those are football moves that translate to the field, so p55 what are you not seeing? He made those cuts, put the pressure on his achilles.

Sprinting with a weighted sled is putting tons of tension pressure on his achilles as well.

No LB can cover Jimmy, you have to have a safety.Willis couldn't do it.