Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Beason Lookin Strong

253 posts in this topic

Posted

I don't know about that.. I also think Davis could.. Safety doesn't mean they have the size and those 2 linebackers have the speed.

Posted

take a look at the TE's in our division and ask yourself how important linebacker is going to be if Davis doesn't make it through the season. You can't expect Beason to do everything on the field and Anderson can't cover the likes of Jimmy Graham..

I won't be shocked to see a linebacker drafted if they think Kuechly is a major asset on the field.. Hogan could be a legit #2 and if Rivera stands by his comments that DT isn't our biggest hole, it's not an unreasonable possibility.

Hold on, you really think there is a LB that cover that guy??? Come on man who in the league has managed to contain Jimmy Graham?? You either put a DB on him or come up with a scheme to stop him, and u cannot expect a rookie to come in and shutdown a TE that put up over a 1,000 yards rec last year with Drew Brees throwing him the ball.

Posted

Hold on, you really think there is a LB that cover that guy??? Come on man who in the league has managed to contain Jimmy Graham?? You either put a DB on him or come up with a scheme to stop him, and u cannot expect a rookie to come in and shutdown a TE that put up over a 1,000 yards rec last year with Drew Brees throwing him the ball.

no one expects Graham to get shut down, but I think Davis has the athleticism to help with that disadvantage.. If Keuchly is as good as advertised, it's a very real possibility our team hasn't looked passed him..

Posted

exactly so you want to add more coverage linebackers than to walk into the season already at a disadvantage expecting the likes of Jordan Senn to consistently get burned...

What good does having coverage LBs do if we cant even rush the passer?? If DBs cant literally cover all day long what do you think is gonna happen to LBs?

Posted

What good does having coverage LBs do if we cant even rush the passer?? If DBs cant literally cover all day long what do you think is gonna happen to LBs?

you're making an assumption about a guy who may very well be able to do both.. you're also making an assumption about what we need...

Posted

Sprinting with a weighted sled is putting tons of tension pressure on his achilles as well.

I actually used one of those sleds once just for fun, and it felt like I was going to injure my achilles with every step. Seeing Beason use it made me think he's either almost fully recovered, or he's in a lot of pain and just covering it up. Either way it's great to see him getting back to where he needs to be.

Posted

I'm surprised they are letting him push it that hard so soon. He does not look full speed yet. If you follow Beast on twitter you would know he's always been a workout warrior. I wondered if his injury was from going to hard. This vid in itself is not evidence against drafting a LB. It just makes it more likely Beason will be back and healthy.

Achilles is very different. Once that tissue is healed, then gently streched to regain the length (which should have been done by week 16 post repair, at the latest), the next step was to progressively add in the weight-bearing & cutting/running, to strengthen to tissue. I would have been worried if he was not pushing this hard by now. (I am a therapist, so not just talking out of my rear here)

The comment about a little lack of explosiveness is probably on the mark too. He has a long time to build it back, but it's all about muscle memory & that doesn't come back quickly, b/c he's had to avoid this type of thing for so long.

I think the problem with Beason last year was the rehab to not focus enough early on regaining full length & then 'slowly' adding in the challenges with weight-bearing & COD. I think Beason probably tried to get them to let him come back too early & by looking at the big mofo...I wouldn't argue with him either!

2 people like this

Posted

LOL. Man, people take themselves and their views WAY too seriously.

Armchair scouting is serious business...

Posted

So that means that Anderson would have to come off the field who we just gave a huge extension too, you do realize we have him and beason for at least the next 5 years right?? That is a waste of money to only be playing 2 downs. I think at this POINT IN TIME the panthers are just looking for depth at the LB position and not a elite talent. I dont think there are gonna draft a guy in the first round for a "just in case" situation concerning injuries and even if they did Kuechly still wouldnt make much a difference wants he had to take over if somebody went down. We need that elite talent at other positions right now, drafting a LB right now is not gonna make this team better, what good is it gonna do us against teams like the saints, packers, lions??? thats not how you beat them.

I realize that Anderson is just like Godfrey.....just guys.....we overpaid. I am hoping Rivera and company help end that trend. Luke isn't a 2 down LB if he is what he appears to be.....he also doesn't project to be JAG.

How is Carolina just looking for depth? We have Beason coming of an injury. That is really it.

What we need to do on D is to get better QUICK. Sign a vet DT and draft BPA on D. Not sign projects with top draft picks on D. Best way to help Cam is to give him a D. Doesn't make since to pass on talent we can plug in ad start for a project at #9.

If Luke gives us a better starting lineup at LB....that makes us better. We got abused last bc of weak LB play and Beason coming back doesn't solve it all. Need to upgrade around him and forget Davis. 3 ACL injuries to the same knee means he is done.....just a matter of time.

Posted

Gosh that video gets me excited for this year...dude really is a beast.

Posted

Beason looks really good, looks like he might beat the trend and make it back 100% this season. He's not there yet though, he looked way less explosive then he used too. Hopefully he makes a full recovery and gets back the explosiveness he had.

Posted

I realize that Anderson is just like Godfrey.....just guys.....we overpaid. I am hoping Rivera and company help end that trend. Luke isn't a 2 down LB if he is what he appears to be.....he also doesn't project to be JAG.

How is Carolina just looking for depth? We have Beason coming of an injury. That is really it.

What we need to do on D is to get better QUICK. Sign a vet DT and draft BPA on D. Not sign projects with top draft picks on D. Best way to help Cam is to give him a D. Doesn't make since to pass on talent we can plug in ad start for a project at #9.

If Luke gives us a better starting lineup at LB....that makes us better. We got abused last bc of weak LB play and Beason coming back doesn't solve it all. Need to upgrade around him and forget Davis. 3 ACL injuries to the same knee means he is done.....just a matter of time.

What? What Anderson are you talking about? Cause you definitely isn't talking about James and comparing him to GODFREY of all people

1 person likes this