60 replies to this topic

#16 Panther17

Panther17

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:37 PM

I'll continue to vote for Cam for my faith in Cam is greater than any so called cursse.

#17 Who Dat Pat

Who Dat Pat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationWho Dat Nation

Posted 07 April 2012 - 11:03 PM

Just face it a ROOKIE put up historical numbers in his first year( with shortened offseason) in your division, and he (CAM) is the future of the division. I only see improvement in the future. You are just in denial and scared because your franchise qb is getting up in age and has just reached his peek. Their is no way brees matches last season and its all down hill from here. This winds of change are in place and its time for the saints to start marching to the basement where they were for most of their 40 yr existence.

I will give you that Cam had a record rookie season, but as you look closer and I mentioned in previous post, his success took a huge hit at end of season as defenses learned what he did and defended if better. He basically had the same passing yards in very first game as he did in all three last games put together. Further, what is a record performance for a rookie, is not even top 10 for non rookies.

As for Brees going downhill, we heard that same thing when he missed Marinos record by one dropped throw in 2008, yet he came back and won SB the very next year. Then 2010, the year of Madden curse, he spent over half the season with a leg or knee injury that greatly affected his numbers and had everyone saying he was on the decline again, well I don't have to remind you about his 2011 numbers. A now, big surprise, you say he is going to decline even though as the season went on and Graham and Sproles were used in even more is special ways, Brees numbers have only continued to get better. Even the lost 49ers game where he lost one of our most versatile receivers/RB Thomas in first series, and slot receiver Lance Moore which cut down the Playbook by almost 1/3, Brees still almost tripled the home average points allowed of the top defense in league and only lost when Saints defense couldn't hold on for less than a minute.

I also would like to point out Peyton Manning is 3-4 years ahead of Brees and is still considered at top of his game. So how is Brees being that much younger, putting up much better numbers than Peyton in past 5 years, and playing in a league allowing less and less QB contact every year and playing behind one of the best lines in league only have 2 years left!? Lol

#18 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,265 posts
  • LocationRaleigh,NC

Posted 07 April 2012 - 11:15 PM

I will give you that Cam had a record rookie season, but as you look closer and I mentioned in previous post, his success took a huge hit at end of season as defenses learned what he did and defended if better. He basically had the same passing yards in very first game as he did in all three last games put together. Further, what is a record performance for a rookie, is not even top 10 for non rookies.

As for Brees going downhill, we heard that same thing when he missed Marinos record by one dropped throw in 2008, yet he came back and won SB the very next year. Then 2010, the year of Madden curse, he spent over half the season with a leg or knee injury that greatly affected his numbers and had everyone saying he was on the decline again, well I don't have to remind you about his 2011 numbers. A now, big surprise, you say he is going to decline even though as the season went on and Graham and Sproles were used in even more is special ways, Brees numbers have only continued to get better. Even the lost 49ers game where he lost one of our most versatile receivers/RB Thomas in first series, and slot receiver Lance Moore which cut down the Playbook by almost 1/3, Brees still almost tripled the home average points allowed of the top defense in league and only lost when Saints defense couldn't hold on for less than a minute.

I also would like to point out Peyton Manning is 3-4 years ahead of Brees and is still considered at top of his game. So how is Brees being that much younger, putting up much better numbers than Peyton in past 5 years, and playing in a league allowing less and less QB contact every year and playing behind one of the best lines in league only have 2 years left!? Lol

I somehow doubt Cam (or anyone else for that matter) cares about your shittty opinion.

#19 Who Dat Pat

Who Dat Pat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationWho Dat Nation

Posted 07 April 2012 - 11:25 PM

I somehow doubt Cam (or anyone else for that matter) cares about your shittty opinion.

Posted Image

#20 usmcpanthers

usmcpanthers

Professional Lurker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts
  • LocationLakeland, FL

Posted 07 April 2012 - 11:35 PM

Ok this will settle the oh his production went down hill argument........FIrst off no preason or OTA. SO what does Chud(OC) do? He has no ideal how his #1 overall rookie will perform and handle the pressure of the season opener....so he tells Cam to go out and show me what you can do. And to what we saw was record breaking. After a couple games in Chud tailored the offense around Cam and our running game,...even though the running game was slow to develop due to oline injuries. Chud knows Cam could easily throw for 300yds a game easily, but why do it when we have the run game we have. Chud is doing this to take pressure off his young qb and add to his longevity.

Sure teams had footage as the year went on, but that did not slow him down at all. He still made one spectacular play after another. The only person that has reeled Cam back is Chud. I dont expect Cam to throw for 400+ in a any game next year. Unlike you guys the taints......I see us having a balanced attack. With Cam, Stew, dwill, tolbert, olsen, smith gettis lafell. We dont need 400+ or yardage records to moving the ball. The whole season Cam moved the chains efficiently.

The only hiccup he showed last year was some mistakes in the red zone which is expected with a rookie. The mistakes will lessen as he matures.

Also the reason brees was able to have another season close to 08 was due to how the nfl has catered the rules to help the offense and penalize the D. High scoring games sell more then Defense games. But taking taint homer glasses off, you cant expect Brees to break his own record a year later. i believe he will have great numbers as usual, just not good as last year...and this is a valid statement. I could be proven wrong but we will wait in see.

But the sophomore slump ideal is laughable, when this time we have preseason ota and minicamps etc. Cam is not Josh Freeman roflmao.

#21 Jonah Hill

Jonah Hill

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 07 April 2012 - 11:36 PM

Posted Image

You tell them you muscled bear drizzled with butter.

#22 usmcpanthers

usmcpanthers

Professional Lurker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts
  • LocationLakeland, FL

Posted 07 April 2012 - 11:37 PM

]"is not even top 10 for non rookies."
]THEIR IS A HUGE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A ROOKIE AND A NFL VETERAN!

#23 FuzzyPanther

FuzzyPanther

...feeling sexy as usual

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 11:37 PM

you guys signed a QB yet?

#24 usmcpanthers

usmcpanthers

Professional Lurker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts
  • LocationLakeland, FL

Posted 07 April 2012 - 11:39 PM

Peyton Manning is 3-4 years ahead of Brees and is still considered at top of his game

Yes before his injury yes, but this year their are HUGE doubts on how close to his old form he will be.

#25 Jonah Hill

Jonah Hill

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 07 April 2012 - 11:42 PM

you guys signed a QB yet?

Drew Brees. I talked to NJpanther and he said Brees is taking a hometown discount and is putting it all in signing bonuses. Also heard we're getting back all our draft picks, even the one we traded to New England. WHO DAT!

#26 OnlyPantherFaninMaine

OnlyPantherFaninMaine

All In.

• HUDDLER
  • 5,826 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 07 April 2012 - 11:45 PM

Actually no, please stop. You just are not getting it. Using passing yards to prove a point that defenses figured him out? That's laughable. MAYBE THE RUN GAME GOT GOING AT HE DIDNT HAVE TO THROW FOR 400+ yards. And if you want, I'll even tell you that his QB rating got increasingly better throughout the season but I'll leave you to go look up the stats on your own. Sorry Alejandro.

Cam just excelled as the season progressed and you damn well bet that he is going to continue to do so. Watch an extensive interview, study up on him. He is going to be the prototype QB if he already is not. He has no off-season...so do me a favor; throw the character issues out the door because they were false. Take off your Saints costume that probably has you looking like a role-player in a circus, and tell me what is going to hold him back from SuperStardom? Sky is the limit and you happen to be one of the sorry few that cannot see that or choose to think otherwise for obvious reasons.

#27 Jonah Hill

Jonah Hill

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 07 April 2012 - 11:48 PM

Actually no, please stop. You just are not getting it. Using passing yards to prove a point that defenses figured him out? That's laughable. MAYBE THE RUN GAME GOT GOING AT HE DIDNT HAVE TO THROW FOR 400+ yards. And if you want, I'll even tell you that his QB rating got increasingly better throughout the season but I'll leave you to go look up the stats on your own. Sorry Alejandro.

Cam just excelled as the season progressed and you damn well bet that he is going to continue to do so. Watch an extensive interview, study up on him. He is going to be the prototype QB if he already is not. He has no off-season...so do me a favor; throw the character issues out the door because they were false. Take off your Saints costume that probably has you looking like a role-player in a circus, and tell me what is going to hold him back from SuperStardom? Sky is the limit and you happen to be one of the sorry few that cannot see that or choose to think otherwise for obvious reasons.

He prefers to be called tubby bear.

#28 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,380 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 11:49 PM

Isn't it weird how Cam's yards decreased as the rushing yards increased? It's almost as if the scheme evolved, but it couldn't be that, could it?

#29 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,380 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 11:50 PM

I will give you that Cam had a record rookie season

omg that's very generous of you!

#30 Who Dat Pat

Who Dat Pat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationWho Dat Nation

Posted 08 April 2012 - 01:00 AM

Isn't it weird how Cam's yards decreased as the rushing yards increased? It's almost as if the scheme evolved, but it couldn't be that, could it?

Care to point out how " the rushing yards increased"? I put the link below and not only did it not increase, it basically stayed the same, of not slightly decrease in last qtr of season.

http://www.nfl.com/t...hedule?team=CAR

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.