106 replies to this topic

#91 Who Dat Pat

Who Dat Pat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • LocationWho Dat Nation

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:41 PM

The only bad thing to happen to Brees after he was on the cover was a lot of INT's, not injury.

From November 2010 article

Wilkerson cites an "impeccable source," and he claims that the information is "100 thousand-trillion-million percent" accurate.

Wilkerson also claims that, at times, the pain is causing Brees to make mistakes when calling or executing plays, citing unnamed sources in the offensive huddle.

Brees injured the knee back in Week 3, and the Saints referred to it only as a sprain, but are they covering up a bigger problem?

The Saints quarterback has been intercepted more this season than last but is still averaging 280 yards passing per game in the fifth-ranked passing attack in the NFL.

If Drew Brees goes down, does this continue the awful Madden curse, as when a player is put as the cover of the Madden video game he almost always becomes injured that season?

From January 26, 2011 article
Brees confirms his in-season knee injury

Posted by Mike Florio on January 26, 2011, 6:57 AM EDT

Getty Images
Coach Sean Payton initially refused to call it even a “situation.”  More recently, Payton admitted that quarterback Drew Brees played in 2010 with a knee injury.

The cat was let out of the bag by Saints fullback Heath Evans who said on ESPN recently that Drew played six weeks of the 2010 season with an MCL injury.

Brees elaborated on the non-situation situation during a Tuesday appearance on PFT Live.

He said the injury happened in Week Three of the 2010 season, and he talked about the measures that were taken so that he could play with the injury.

The full segment is available on demand, but please try not to be too demanding.

#92 Mage

Mage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:44 PM

Wow, I always thought that when people spoke of the Madden Curse, they were simply just joking.

But it seems like people in this thread are actually serious.

I'd love it more than anything to see a Panther on the cover, especially one who is slowly becoming one of my favorite athletes of all-time already.

#93 iluvdapanthersyo

iluvdapanthersyo

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:58 PM

Also his Troy stats are wrong. He was an All Pro and Pro Bowler.....he didn't play just 5 games.

He played 5 games
http://www.nfl.com/p...621/careerstats

#94 BeerMe

BeerMe

In Chico We Trust.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:10 PM

Cam is bigger than Madden.

#95 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,964 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:20 PM

For the last time dude, yes there are injuries throughout the NFL and every other sport. I didn't create or invent the madden curse and don't care who did. It is a saying in myopion. Like Vince Young calling Philly "the Dream Team" and the media taking it and running with it. The players that has won the madden cover aren't the only players to fall to injuries that year. It's just that their injury was related to the madden cover. I hope this clears this up for you.

What I am saying is there injuries are not related to being on the cover.

That is like saying there is an injury curse if you are a top 5 QB. It means a curse is the reason someone in the top 5 won't be one next year.....

NFL players get hurt and repeat performances at high levels ever year are rare without there being a drop off......

No such thing as a Madden curse

#96 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,964 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:21 PM

He played 5 games
http://www.nfl.com/p...621/careerstats

I looked at the wrong year. My bad, was quoting the following year

#97 MechaZain

MechaZain

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:06 PM

Why can't you guys have a little fun and believe in the curse. I bet you all were a real joy kill at Easter supper with your relatives.

Oh yeah, real fun...

#98 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:37 PM

I just don't get if all you "smart people" don't beleive in curses, the history is out there and it all points to a CURSE! If you want Cam to get hurt next year then by all means vote for him just so you are sooooo happy to see a Panther on the cover. You will not be happy when he either......

A. Has a horriffic season/career or

B. Gets seriously injured

You are all selfish as fug and dumb as fug IMO

Correlation does not equal causation.

#99 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,793 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:43 PM

I hereby place a curse on everyone against Cam being on the cover. I'm rubbing my magic crystal.

#100 jasonluckydog

jasonluckydog

Never go full retard

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,902 posts
  • LocationGATOR CREEK- SC

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:53 PM

fug YOU ALL THIS IS MY GAME!! HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!!

Posted Image

#101 jasonluckydog

jasonluckydog

Never go full retard

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,902 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:54 PM

only 1 football game a year is so fuging lame the NFL sucks for allowing it.

#102 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,075 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:57 PM

I just don't get if all you "smart people" don't beleive in curses, the history is out there and it all points to a CURSE! If you want Cam to get hurt next year then by all means vote for him just so you are sooooo happy to see a Panther on the cover. You will not be happy when he either......

A. Has a horriffic season/career or

B. Gets seriously injured

You are all selfish as fug and dumb as fug IMO

Posted Image

#103 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 6,020 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

I guess the one debating that the cover of Madden caused the injury are the ones that should be laughed at...dont try to shoot down the curse, when those who support the theory of such curse know it is nothing more than strange coincendences...which is what a curse is.. Its at a 95 % hit rate since 1947....FACT!

EA sports was built on an old Indian Burial ground

#104 jasonluckydog

jasonluckydog

Never go full retard

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,902 posts

There were white bearded huge mother f*ckers throughout the world; survivors of an even older & more connected global civilization that knew of the greatest lost technologies (we think they're gods/aliens)...same with a lot of eventually vanished "hybrid" types that eventually blended with all the world sapien-types to form the modern human.

#105 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,960 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:04 AM

There were white bearded huge mother f*ckers throughout the world; survivors of an even older & more connected global civilization that knew of the greatest lost technologies (we think they're gods/aliens)...same with a lot of eventually vanished "hybrid" types that eventually blended with all the world sapien-types to form the modern human.

are...are you talking about Mall Santas?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com