11 replies to this topic

#1 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,081 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:16 PM

We sold our season tickets this year, for a variety of reasons. Good reasons that have nothing to do with the team's performance or anticipated performance.

I have very, very mixed emotions about this. I only missed two games last year (for health reasons), and those are the only two home games I've ever missed in the entire existence of the team.

Wow ... it's going to be awfully strange!

#2 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,330 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:23 PM

Guess you will have to change your name to Panthers_Liker now ;-)

j/k sorry I would so hate to be in a position to give up my gamedays....In 2008 at the season opener I tried to make it to the game even though I was literally dying - actually was driven to the gate in a cop car, got in the gate, but could not make it to my seats and had to be wheelchaired out. Wife (then GF) drove me home where we watched the end when we came back and beat the Bears, thinking I was going to stroke out on the couch....next morning I was admitted to the hospital for over a week. The idea of not being able to go would be devastating to me.

Hopefully you can pick up a few games to hit during the season....good luck

#3 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,081 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:38 PM

I am hoping to make some games. I am in physical pain pretty much every day and am working on alleviating that, but it will be a long road, I fear. It was a very difficult decision.

We haven't sold our PSLs, so there's still hope!

I just hated when I ended my streak of never missing a home game. I did attend one last year that I never should have been at ... I was having a reaction to medication I was getting through injections for my knee problem, though we didn't know the medication was the cause at the time. I was just so, so sick and could barely stand up or see what was happening. I even made my daughter drive home, and for people who know me THAT's unheard of -- me letting someone else drive. I couldn't even remember the drive home.

Still love my Panthers, so no name change necessary! :)

#4 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,330 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:01 PM

My issue was a reaction to meds as well - wierd

#5 Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts
  • LocationStokeridge

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:17 PM

We sold our season tickets this year, for a variety of reasons. Good reasons that have nothing to do with the team's performance or anticipated performance.

I have very, very mixed emotions about this. I only missed two games last year (for health reasons), and those are the only two home games I've ever missed in the entire existence of the team.

Hope you kept rihts to playoff tickets.

#6 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,081 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:33 PM

Yes, I did.

#7 party_animal

party_animal

Big Member

• ALL-PRO
  • 290 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:35 PM

Go get yourself healthy PL. I'll be praying for you.

#8 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,081 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:35 AM

Thanks.

#9 PntherPryd

PntherPryd

Relic

• Moderators
  • 1,990 posts
  • LocationWilmington

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:12 PM

Me too PL, get healthy.

but if you get in a bind with those playoff tickets........ :)

#10 AppStatePanther

AppStatePanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,707 posts
  • LocationMint Hill

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:12 PM

get healthy brother. That's definitely first and foremost and hope you get back out there soon.

#11 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,081 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 12:02 PM

Thanks, everybody. Working on the health issues. Just talked with a friend of mine who has box seats who said he'd work with me to be able to get up there at least a couple of games. He has close parking, which will help. (He's the guy I bought my Super Bowl tickets from, for face value.) Nice!

#12 BlanksKarma

BlanksKarma

Falcons Loser

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:50 PM

I wish my fan-base had more die hard fans like yourself. Take a year off and get better physically. I'm sure you'll be back at BoA for the 2013 campaign.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com